Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    whats the deal with the app catalog? Are we going to get any new apps this week? what ever happened to the flood of apps that had palm so overwhelmed?
    We did get a few new apps this week....check the catalog. As for the flood...who knows...I wouldn't expect it until the catalog is out of Beta.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    yea every couple of days on precentrals home page, there have been some new app articles.
  4.    #4  
    thanks for the redicolous responses but I was refferring to apps that are meant for the united states not german or british, I think that 4 (2 media fly and 2 twitter) is not much of a contribution to the app catalog. So back to my question where are the apps that palm was so overwhelmed with that they needed to hire people to handle?
    My name is William and I like fingernail polishhhhhhhhhhhhh

Happy Birthday Jimmy!!
    Unless a PALM employee logs in and spills the beans on this forum I'm not sure what you are hopping to get?

The fact of the matter is that we did get new apps this week and have gotten new apps every week for the last while. I don't like the slow release of apps either but I knew I was buying a phone with an app catalog still in Beta with no official time line of when that would change.

How should we know what country you live in if you don't bother to note your location? The USA is not the center of the smart phone universe or the only market this phone is being launched in.

That's how I see it anyway.....

Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    thanks for the redicolous responses but I was refferring to apps that are meant for the united states not german or british, I think that 4 (2 media fly and 2 twitter) is not much of a contribution to the app catalog. So back to my question where are the apps that palm was so overwhelmed with that they needed to hire people to handle?
    thanks for the redicolous responses ...
    Thanks for the ridiculous spelling.
  8.    #8  
    well if I was a foreigner than I would not be on an english website, not to mention that up until the last week the phone was only available in america and canada. Although I am sure that my location was the first thing you took notice of before replying to my thread (sarcasm). so please if you are only commenting to be a ****** and come to palms defense don't bother save your smart *** comments to your self.
    Pre Central is a global site and does not reject people based on geography. The Internet is a global network Tomh1102, it's kind of what it's about. A great many people in the webOS launch countries (UK, Germany and Canada and soon Spain) speak English and are on this forum. Heck, some have even been posting in German and Spanish.....the horror!

I do try and take notice of a users location before responding as it can make my responses more helpful. Perhaps the fact that I'm not a US citizen makes me more sensitive these things, I don't know.

well if I was a foreigner than I would not be on an english website, not to mention that up until the last week the phone was only available in america and canada. Although I am sure that my location was the first thing you took notice of before replying to my thread (sarcasm). so please if you are only commenting to be a ****** and come to palms defense don't bother save your smart *** comments to your self.
    Well to answer your questions.

There is no deal. Maybe be more specific.

No.

Flood is a relative term. Maybe Palm thinks the flood has already happened.

Also, your spelling indicated english was not your first language, just FYI.

EDIT: Lastly, why so hostile?
    Last edited by bpdamas; 10/16/2009 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Further clarification
    well if I was a foreigner than I would not be on an english website...
    Another thing since I guess this thread just eeks me with the wrong tone. You do realize that there are countries outside of the U.S. speak english, right? Just because you are on an english website does not mean you're in the U.S.
  12.    #12  
    hostile because I make a simple post trying to find out what is going on with the app catalog and all I get is a abreviations of computer nerd f a n b o y s coming on here with smart a s s comments bashing my grammar on a website where people communicate with abreviations while I am typing on a tiny keyboard. feel free to not bother posting if you are posting off topic.
    p.s. it is sad if palm had to hire more employees to process 50 apps!!!!!
  13.    #13  
    bp please stay on topic there is a fine line between an *** and a smart a s s!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    My name is William and I like fingernail polishhhhhhhhhhhhh

Happy Birthday Jimmy!!
    Fruuuuuunkus
    The horses mouth: 1-866-750-PALM (7256).....these are the only folks with the knowledge.

If your looking for random conjecture: The app store and the status of the SDK is not yet at a point that it can support a large launch of useful/dynamic applications. They are keeping things simple, working out a few kinks and using the existing user base as beta testers. I don't love it and it's not the way I wanted to see it done but it's what is going on until PALM changes it.

IMHO

ps...notice my lack of 4 letter words
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    help urself and get a new phone as u seem to have so many complaints with Palm and the pre. How would u expect anyone here know an answer to ur non fanbofy , non smart *** Q?

P.s i dont get it how u fail to see that people were trying to help u out.
  17.    #17  
    nobody attempted to help me only pathetic attempts to dodge my question and posts about how I misspelled a word!!
    I thought both posts #2 and #3 did at least an okay job of addressing most of your talking points. Then there was the freak out (post #4)...after that posts #6, #9 and #10 most certainly addressed your concerns and perhaps dealt a bit with some of the items you spoke about in post, #4.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/16/2009 at 04:46 PM.
    bp please stay on topic there is a fine line between an *** and a smart a s s!!!
    First, I don't know how to stay on topic with a title like "new apps 10/16???". I guess you were looking for the answer of "no, there are no new apps yet." As ryleyinstl stated, the only people that know anything about when apps are coming out is Palm. Everything else is just a guess.

nobody attempted to help me only pathetic attempts to dodge my question and posts about how I misspelled a word!!
    Second, I answered all of your questions in post #10. Apparently my answers were either not good enough or not what you were looking for. I am going to try and answer them how I think you will want to hear them.

1. There is no deal with the app catalog. If you are referring to no more apps coming today then here is my answer. Palm is working as hard as they can to get apps approved and sent out to the app catalog. It is a time consuming process and multiple things are involved to make sure the apps don't screw anything up with the end user. Patience is all that Palm asks. (Just guessing because I am not Palm)

2. Yes there are going to be new apps this week. 100 apps are going to hit on Saturday morning and then another 100 apps are coming Saturday afternoon. (Again, guessing because I am not Palm)

3. The flood of apps are in the testing process. There were multiple issues with compatibility with 1.2.1 and the new app catalog. Don't worry. My answer to number 2 should satisfy your need for more apps. (Guessing. Not Palm)

Now, I don't know what else you are trying to get out of this newly created thread and I don't know how else to continue to stay on topic, but hopefully this answers your questions.
    Wow, some people should just not be aloud to play with others.

Honestly, look at the two posts that posted after you. Polite, told you what they knew, then read your post. No one started bashing your horrible spelling until you posted and sounded like a total a s s hat. Honestly you waited all of 13 minutes to post again about how no one was answering your questions.

You could be the biggest tool on the entire internet.

Back on topic.

I like new applications too.
    "Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert Kennedy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast