Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    i had to wipe my device and went to install my tether and i can not find it on preware has this app been removed?
    the only version that was available was the old 1.5 or some such version. doing a search from "list everything" still shows it there.

your best bet is to go to the dev's site and download the latest and greatest

My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!

i still have the ipkg for the free 1.5 ver but i cant post it here...
    Download and install this one via WebOS Quick Install

Free MyTether Installer
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    think when i get home i'll try the WebOS Quick Install. thanks for the fast replys
    hmmm, I installed "MyTether Installer" from Preware. Easy to get working too. To the OP: are you using the latest PMS and Preware? - they are transitioning the feeds. The latest Preware access the new feed - that's where I installed from. Go to Preware forum for info.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    How is it easy to get working? It takes me like 5 tries before it works. Never have internet access all the time.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    How is it easy to get working? It takes me like 5 tries before it works. Never have internet access all the time.
    It works flawlessly for me...but I'm using the pay version. The pay version comes with an PC-based installer app. There's a big button that says "Install"...you press it.

As for the app itself, it works every single time...I just flip the switch to "enable".
    When you have it connected to your PC? Mine certainly doesnt. I gotta uninstall the damn NDIS device a few times before I Get internet. I got internet right now btw. I downloaded at like 150-220kbps which is impressive for wireless.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    do you know if the mytether will be available any time soon in preware?
    ^it is in preware.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    It appears my file hosting company is having issues, which is why the unofficial mytether installer (and all the files from the canuck-software feed) are missing.

Personally I won't be "donating" anytime soon until Aonic gets his long-promised WebOSQuickInstall compatible release out (so ppl can uninstall it via WOSQI or Preware without a need to go into root; my unofficial installer fixes that by the way), and especially won't be "donating" until he stops violating software licensing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    especially won't be "donating" until he stops violating software licensing.
    You realize the irony there? The developer of "My Tether" may be violating software licensing but at the same time, anybody that uses the app is violating their agreement with Sprint.

You can't have it both ways. You can't hold the developer to certain standards and then lower those standards when you want to use the app. Just sayin...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    You realize the irony there? The developer of "My Tether" may be violating software licensing but at the same time, anybody that uses the app is violating their agreement with Sprint.

You can't have it both ways. You can't hold the developer to certain standards and then lower those standards when you want to use the app. Just sayin...
    For Sprint, yea they have own contact issues. I'm canadian, remember. Chances are I'll be goin for an off-contact GSM in the future. So for me, right now I'm considering the app alone, as tethering depends on what carrier you go with.

What I can say right now is it is plain wrong for Aonic to include GPL software, no disclosure as such, and try and get more $$ by having only the paid version include it. More details can be found in that earlier above link I posted.
    For Sprint, yea they have own contact issues. I'm canadian, remember. Chances are I'll be goin for an off-contact GSM in the future. So for me, right now I'm considering the app alone, as tethering depends on what carrier you go with.
    True....I was thinking of Sprint only.

What I can say right now is it is plain wrong for Aonic to include GPL software, no disclosure as such, and try and get more $$ by having only the paid version include it. More details can be found in that earlier above link I posted.
    Yes, it's an interesting read. Also I see where people have "donated" for the app but the author doesn't respond to emails, pm's, etc or give any type of support. Not a good way to do business.