1.    #1  
    Hello Pre Central members,

I am haveing a bit of an issue with the MyTeather program! After 3 days of working on it, i am stuck in a loop and can't seem to get my mind out of it!! I hope that someone can help me solve this problem, and hopefully I am not posting this in the wrong area!!

I have a MBP running 10.5 with my pre and i can't seem to get my tethering function to work. Did people install via homebrew, or did you root your pre? I did it first through the homebrew app store, and then via root b/c i couldnt get it to work.

I then installed the bug program, but after restarting my computer, there wasn't any way for me to run the BUG program. So i just assuemed that it installed the USB drivers and could i just run the myteather and see what happens... nothing. So i reinstall the BUG progame restart and.. nothing... I tried the wifi enabling, nothing.

Im running 10.5 and am basically stuck on where to go next. I kinda really need this to get going, I am about to be commuting the SF 2-3 times a week and would LOVE to be able to use my computer on the way up and down!

I am going to keep plugging at this in hopes that i get things working, but maybe someone can see a problem in the workflow i am going thorough!!

Again thanks for any thing and, I bet its just some small thing out there.. always is!!

Thanks again guys

Pref

side question, does this only work when my pre is geting an EVDO signal? My house isn't the best with Sprint!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    The last part I believe is needed to work. EVDO.
    Install "MyTether Installer" with Preware 9.4 (follow all instructions in installing or updating). You can also install with WOSQI - I used Preware. No need to mess with drivers if you use the Wifi option. I've tested with Mac already and it works fine - launch MyTether, turn on Wifi tethering and fire up your Airport and connect to AoNet. You're done. Caveat: the Pre needs a live Wifi connection so keep it from sleep with NoDoze. And of course you need EVDO. Hope this helps.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Preferences View Post
    Hello Pre Central members,

I am haveing a bit of an issue with the MyTeather program! After 3 days of working on it, i am stuck in a loop and can't seem to get my mind out of it!! I hope that someone can help me solve this problem, and hopefully I am not posting this in the wrong area!!

I have a MBP running 10.5 with my pre and i can't seem to get my tethering function to work. Did people install via homebrew, or did you root your pre? I did it first through the homebrew app store, and then via root b/c i couldnt get it to work.

I then installed the bug program, but after restarting my computer, there wasn't any way for me to run the BUG program. So i just assuemed that it installed the USB drivers and could i just run the myteather and see what happens... nothing. So i reinstall the BUG progame restart and.. nothing... I tried the wifi enabling, nothing.

Im running 10.5 and am basically stuck on where to go next. I kinda really need this to get going, I am about to be commuting the SF 2-3 times a week and would LOVE to be able to use my computer on the way up and down!

I am going to keep plugging at this in hopes that i get things working, but maybe someone can see a problem in the workflow i am going thorough!!

Again thanks for any thing and, I bet its just some small thing out there.. always is!!

Thanks again guys

Pref

side question, does this only work when my pre is geting an EVDO signal? My house isn't the best with Sprint!
    I have installed myteather both ways I prefere the root method,
    when i installed the usb driver i had to do it by hand via the instructions described in varous places. another thing i have noticed that i have to go into control pannel (XP)
    then "system" and "hardware" and re enable the driver for the "gadget" usb driver WITH
    the pre connected and in usb tether mode. if you have webos 1.3.4 or higher you will
    need the latest version of mytether. also if you have updated WebOs it's nessary to completly re install myteather on the pre

it works on both 1x and evdo by the way

WebOs 1.3.5.1 myteather 2.0.4
    Try installing Palm SDK and make sure you have the latest version of java installed. Put phone in Dev. Mode and then plug in to computer as just charge. That is how I installed it.
    try this link below. This is for the donor version.
    Hope it helps.

My Tether :: Donors Only