1.    #1  
    - i had to replace my Pre due to some charging issues and when i set up my new pre it downloaded all the apps except for the paid apps. i seen that i needed an update so i went ahead and updated the phone.

i can go into the app store and see the the apps that i paid for are there and say "download again for free". so when i try they say "downloading..." than , "download cancelled" and apps store unavailable, please try again later.

- has reset
    - has restarted
    - has partial erase
    - has full erased
    - has talked to palm support for hours with no answers

Anyone Please Help!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by adam.sorrels View Post
    has talked to palm support for hours with no answers
    What did they tell you exactly?

I'd say wait a day (or a few hours) and try again. I have periodically had connection issues when attempting to download. Especially on days they are adding apps.
  3.    #3  
    This has been since saturday... Ive tried every day since... even downloaded other paid and free apps to see if that would kick it through.
    Well the store is in Beta at the moment....perhaps they still have some things to work out?

You called PALM support...did you try Sprint support?
  5.    #5  
    No. I figured palm had more control over the app store
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    What does Sprint have to do with it?
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    joint the club! You are not alone, in fact I called Palm yesterday and they had me on the phone for well over an hour, baffled to say the least. The Tech had no knowledge about what was going on, and I had to repeatedly tell her that its a problem only with apps already purchased. She put me through a painful process of resets and partial erases, long hold times. Their support was terrible at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by apd123 View Post
    What does Sprint have to do with it?
    I assumed he was from the USA because paid apps are not yet available in Canada or Germany. In the USA, Sprint is the exclusive (at the moment) service provider for webOS products. adam.sorrels had hit a road block with PALM so I suggested he try all avenues. Why not try all options available?
  9.    #9  
    No. Defiantly. Im going to check all avenues! its just really frustrating. at this point i dont care if i take a loss, i just want to be able to download a couple of those paid apps again
    Don't be to harsh it took apple a year to perfect it's app catalog be patient and just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Boggs3010 View Post
    Don't be to harsh it took apple a year to perfect it's app catalog be patient and just wait.

BULL CR@P!!

You pay for a product you have a right to use it!!

There is no excuse for this error, fanboism is the last thing we need, I love my pre more then any electronic device I own, but this is intolerable!

Anyway you are not alone, we also have the same issue, no solutions as of yet though.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...p-catalog.html
    Last edited by Joesmith_fromchat; 10/13/2009 at 04:47 PM.
  12.    #12  
    has anyone tried to just erase the entire phone with webosdoctor and see if when its all loaded back if they returned or at least was able to download them again?
    has anyone tried to just erase the entire phone with webosdoctor and see if when its all loaded back if they returned or at least was able to download them again?
    Thats where my problem arose from, I am still running my launch day pre (AMAZING I KNOW) but have used webosdoctor on my phone.
    Add me to the list of people experiencing this issue. I replaced my Pre yesterday, and cannot re-download paid-for apps.
    just got a new pre today and after realizing the backup didn't redownload any of the paid apps I went to manually download them with no luck. It says free to download again..then app store not avail then download canceled. Bah.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Question do you guys have any patches on your phone?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    - i had to replace my Pre due to some charging issues and when i set up my new pre it downloaded all the apps except for the paid apps. i seen that i needed an update so i went ahead and updated the phone.

i can go into the app store and see the the apps that i paid for are there and say "download again for free". so when i try they say "downloading..." than , "download cancelled" and apps store unavailable, please try again later.

- has reset
    - has restarted
    - has partial erase
    - has full erased
    - has talked to palm support for hours with no answers

Anyone Please Help!!!!
    Are you getting a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it? If so that means you have hit your app limit. I got a replacement phone and had to update the WebOS first then do an erase from my Palm Profile. Caution though the erase could take up to two hours and show "Palm" on your screen for at least an hour before you can reactivate your phone.

I did call Sprint to complain and they told me that I needed to keep returning it until I got a working phone because hers worked fine.