Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    That's the main paid app I'm looking for!

I want it now!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    It occurs to me that DataViz might be waiting for the App space problem to be fixed before releasing Doc 2 Go.

They were quoted as waiting for a ROM update from Palm.

Now at least Dataviz has Palm Pre mentioned on their home page for an email notice when available.
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    It occurs to me that DataViz might be waiting for the App space problem to be fixed before releasing Doc 2 Go.

They were quoted as waiting for a ROM update from Palm.
    Or they are waiting for a ROM upgrade because some parts of the app are not written in Javascript and ship with the ROM. That is the case with Classic.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Or they are waiting for a ROM upgrade because some parts of the app are not written in Javascript and ship with the ROM. That is the case with Classic.
    Any indication when the next ROM update might show up?
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Any indication when the next ROM update might show up?
    My guess (and that's all that it is, a complete guess) is that it'll be sometime around the Pixi release 11/15, to give the Pre the same features the Pixi has been said to have that the Pre doesn't yet (mainly Yahoo IM, possibly Facebook app in ROM, if not in the App Catalog).
    I just saw this on the Dataviz website...

"As Palm's document solution of choice for over 10 years, DataViz is happy to tell you that we currently plan to release Documents To Go for webOS in early 2010, allowing you to edit and create Microsoft® Word, Excel® and PowerPoint® files on your Pre!"

Hoped it would be sooner.
    Palm we know you read these forums.

Quit screwing around and get Data Viz the update they need. I love my Pre but you are killing me with the lack of D2G. I was completely aware that it wouldn't be available at launch, but 6 months is pushing it!
    I think it's pretty clear Docs to go wasn't available at the Pre's release because the WebOS SDK had been out so briefly. I doubt even the pre-release SDK was out to partners very much before the Pre's announcement in January. The Android version of DtG came out 6 months after the G1 and 15 months after the SDK.

And it wouldn't surprise me if DataVis decided to wait to even start developing Docs to Go until after the Pre had been picked up by Sprint. Why do I think Data Viz would wait to develop for WebOS? The Foleo.

Remember the Foleo, that poor, neglected, precursor to the netbook that appeared to have a native Docs to Go app but that was canceled September 2007. (Anyone know how many Asus Eees were sold with Linux? It wasn't a small number) The Foleo was not a javascript/HTML5 device so Palm basically flushed every bit of Data Viz's work down the toilet.

Well, maybe not all. It's possible they were able to recycle some of their Foleo dev efforts for Android.