1.    #1  
    I've received a lot of cool Wobble Words feature requests from users, many of which are in this list of planned future features.

Definitely coming in 1.2.0:

• Adding a 1min timer setting
    • Tap-to-select letters as an option to drawing the whole word (good for bumpy cars and trains)
    • Preference to disable device shake (again, for bumpy cars and trains)

Coming in a future release:

• 5x5 grid option, several requests for this, needs a lot of playtesting
    • Trophy case to view achievements earned, some you haven't earned yet, and a few mystery trophies
    • Auto-save game (mostly for playing with no time limit)
    • More themes

Will be evaluated for future release:

• Expand dictionary to 7 letter words, currently seems to stress the Pre a bit
    • Add jargon words and commonly used proper names (as an option), need to do some thinging on this.

Any more feature requests?
    Last edited by dbalmer; 12/06/2009 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Since 1.1.0 went out, updated planned 1.2.0 features. Also moved 5x5 grid from "investigating" to "planned for release".
    Dave Balmer, Gobico Games

Thanks for your support! Check out Wobble Words 2 and Poker Drops available now in the App Catalog for Palm Pre and Pixi, and follow us on Twitter @GobicoGames to get the latest news.
  2.    #2  
    Saw a request to disable device shake as a preference. Adding to 1.1.0 feature list.

Thanks for your support! Check out Wobble Words 2 and Poker Drops available now in the App Catalog for Palm Pre and Pixi, and follow us on Twitter @GobicoGames to get the latest news.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    your awesome. Thanks!!!
  4.    #4  
    Moving Pixi sizing up to 1.1.0, pushing trophy case and tap-to-select words to the next release. Submitting 1.1.0 this week, hopefully will be available soon. Don't fret all, it won't be too long before the next release after that.

I'm not sure if this falls under "disable device shake", but my feature request would be an option to "disable accelerometer". I play while laying down quite a bit, and I want to have my phone sideways, but with the letters in the default orientation. This combined with not accidentally triggering a shake would be nice. Thanks for the great app! Can't wait to use your planned features!
    Last edited by enormous; 11/20/2009 at 08:43 AM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by enormous View Post
    I'm not sure if this falls under "disable device shake", but my feature request would be an option to "disable accelerometer". I play while laying down quite a bit, and I want to have my phone sideways, but with the letters in the default orientation. This combined with not accidentally triggering a shake would be nice. Thanks for the great app! Can't wait to use your planned features!
    On it, haven't added to the list yet, will do so soon. Received a few other comments to that effect, so it's not just you.

7.    #7  
    1.1.0 Features went out a bit ago:

• Digital timer as an option
    • 10min timer setting
    • Pixi sizing (the screen dimensions are smaller, need to arrange the UI for that device)
    • Minor bug fixes
    • Minor resource optimization, mostly around animations

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I will request having a play and pass option so you can play with friends. With the pay and pass option would there be a way to show which words were possible after both players have finished their turns. Since you were able to add multiple times I would like to request adding a 2 min interval, right now I believe there is only unlimited, 3, and 10 min. Thanks for all your work, if you need someone to do some testing please let me know.
  9.    #9  
    Pass and play is something I'm working on, definitely. The normal pass and play works well when you're playing without drops on, but trying to figure out a good way to handle pass and play with the default mode (drops on). This feature is in the works, but won't make the next release coming in a couple weeks. Hang in there!

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Any word on that update you talked about a couple weeks back? I have recently started playing your game more and really am missing the play and pass. I saw you said that pass and play works well without drops, do you think you could atleast release that in the next update. Personally I love play and pass with a normal board and not with drops. Oh well, still appreciating your work and looking forward to the next release. Thanks!
  11.    #11  
    Here's the scoop on version 1.2 of Wobble Words:

Definite features:

• 5x5 grid option (bringing total game variations up to 48!)
    • Auto-save lets you continue your game when the application launches
    • Ability to disable device shaking to "shake" the board and only use the shake icon on the top/left of the screen
    • Trophy case! Now you can show off all your achievements in the game, and see the ones you never knew about.
    • 1min timer option
    • Menu UI simplication to reduce app size and memory footprint
    • Two new themes: "Pink" and "Preschool"

Still in testing, may or may not make this release:

• Pass & play option for two or more players
    • Word list view to show words you've played during the current game or last game played
    • Tap-to-select: feedback so far from testers is that it's clunky to play that way, so this feature may need more work
    • Seven letter dictionary... it's amazing how much more memory that one extra letter adds, and performance on non-plus Pre and Pixi is a little sluggish for my taste. This feature is going back in the oven.

Testing is going well. Should submit the update to Palm end of next week, if not the following Monday. Enjoy!
    Last edited by dbalmer; 02/26/2010 at 02:30 PM.

Maybe this is too much to ask, but I love your game, and what I really miss is a top score(r)s list of the best players to compete against. Within the app would of course be best, but even just a list on your website would be great for me. Just need a central DB to receive and store them...
  13.    #13  
    I've been looking into a leaderboard feature for both Wobble Words and the new Poker Drops app. Really it comes down to finding an inexpensive hosting solution that doesn't eat up my app sales. Just wanted you to know that I'm looking into it.