1.    #1  
    Hi Folks,

I'm keen for people to review my apps so that people can have a slightly better idea of what they do before purchasing.

If you are interested, then please post here, or PM me. I'm happy to refund the cost of purchasing the apps providing you write a reasonably comprehensive review.

Rules for the review:
    1) full disclosure: you must say that I paid for the app
    2) the review should be reasonably comprehensive with screenshots, explanation, etc
    3) if something doesn't work, then you must contact me for support (though you can mention in the review what didn't work, and how/if I was able to help you)
    4) review must be posted online (ideally in precentral, at your blog, etc)
    5) you don't have to like the app. I'm not going to control your review in any way.
    6) you must confirm with me before going ahead if you want me to refund for the install as I'll only pay for three reviews per app. (I'll refund by paypal)

I think that's fair. I want people to be able to trust what you write. If anyone thinks that I'm missing anything, or that I should specify anything else, then please post here.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Id love to review some apps for you. I already downloaded "Remote" and was planning on doing a review on my blog.
    Follow Me On Twitter
    Check Out My Blog/Podcast: The Gadget Gurus
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    I'd be willing to write a review for "Remote" following your guidelines. I'd be posting it here on the Precentral app review boards. I've used Apple's iPhone iTunes remote for comparison.
    Isn't there an agreement with Palm that says you can not request payment for an app if you later intend to have it put in the Palm App Catalog until after it is in the catalog? Now I am sure many of the members here would be more than happen to donate to your development.

I could be wrong and if so could someone correct me?
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Isn't there an agreement with Palm that says you can not request payment for an app if you later intend to have it put in the Palm App Catalog until after it is in the catalog? Now I am sure many of the members here would be more than happen to donate to your development.

I could be wrong and if so could someone correct me?
    What are you talking about? The guy is offering to refund people the price of his application for a review being given. Essentially he is giving out a review copy of the program for people to test it out and write a thorough review (with a couple of minor requirements).
  6.    #6  
    Hi Mike,

happy to cover you. I currently have you and gage006 for remote.
    PM me with your paypal so I can send you cash, and/or if you'd like to do any other apps.

btw - PreCentral are also doing a thing where you can submit reviews for the front page. I think they have a cash prize if you get selected. Would be good if folks could submit for that too.
    Hobbyist Software
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I can't pay for the apps right now....but I can test any free ones or lite versions....thanks

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    What are you talking about? The guy is offering to refund people the price of his application for a review being given. Essentially he is giving out a review copy of the program for people to test it out and write a thorough review (with a couple of minor requirements).
    What are you reading? How about just change it to a "donation" instead of purchase. Just looking out so his/her **** is covered.
    I recently purchased the app and I want to give a review. Should I create a new thread because it seems like there is no clearly stated VLC Remote App thread rather discombobulated ones.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I would also be happy to test any apps that you make and write a review for you before you put it in palms app catalog...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eazyslim123 View Post
    I recently purchased the app and I want to give a review. Should I create a new thread because it seems like there is no clearly stated VLC Remote App thread rather discombobulated ones.

discombobulated?!? If these threads r not talking about just start a new one!!! Sorry we are not talking about what you want to talk about...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    my first critique is more with the app store!

vlc remote doesn't show up when I search for "vlc" OR "remote" !!! What?!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgrimley View Post
    vlc remote doesn't show up when I search for "vlc" OR "remote" !!! What?! the free apps have screenshots, I'd encourage you if possible to add some...
    Um, what? Searching for 'vlc' or 'remote' works fine for me.
    My review is up in the review section and full review w pics/video is on my blog (link in my sig)
    Follow Me On Twitter
    Check Out My Blog/Podcast: The Gadget Gurus
    Hi, I'm in the process of posting a short review of your Converty app in the forums. I've already purchased the app and planned on posting about it prior to reading this thread (I'm a fan of your work and really need a good conversion app).

I don't expect any compensation, as I will be frequently using the app for my own purposes, but wanted to know if you wanted me to discuss the review with you prior to writing it up.

Please let me know.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Rob - I've always liked your stuff, I'd definitely be willing to do a review. (I've already kind of got one written for Remote via my first impressions post on Hobbyist).
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcurtin View Post
    Rob - I've always liked your stuff, I'd definitely be willing to do a review. (I've already kind of got one written for Remote via my first impressions post on Hobbyist).
    sounds great - would be good if you could hold fire until the next version comes out though. I'm not sure how long that will be. I submitted it to palm about a week ago.
    Hobbyist Software
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    That works for me - hopefully it will be soon (I know it took SplashID about 7 business days to go from received to catalog.)

As an aside, is there a new version of the mac app coming out as well? I couldn't find any release notes or changes list for that, and I'm guessing some of the issues I've had are because of it. (I'm tim447 on your forum - I posted a bunch of new user thoughts/bugs when I first tried out Remote.)
  19.    #19  
    I updated the mac app about a week or so ago. Should be more stable - and also has support for the new features in the new version.

can you point me to your post with issues you found with the mac helper app?
    Hobbyist Software