Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Everytime I try to install any of the "Available Patches" from Preware v 0.9.3, I get the message "Error installing: See IPKG Log". I want to install the Virtual Keyboard on software version 1.2.1. Very similair things going on when I also use WebOS QI to install some of the tweaks. Virtual keyboard is not available through QI. Any solutions would be appreciated.
    have had this problem...help?
    Did you try reading the log?
    Yes, but I have no clue what it all means...

I would post it in here but I need 10 posts in order to post links?
    Do you have virtual keyboard installed on your pre if so just remove and then re-install it . That should work for you.
    No I do not have virtual keyboard installed. I am getting an error message when trying to install patches from Preware. I have the latest version...I dont know what Im doing wrong please help
    Have you tried doing a soft reset on your phone before downloading the virtual keyboard ?
    my phone is new i just got it today...im not even trying to download the virtual keyboard.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    i am getting an error message also when i try to install a patch. i have plenty of patches installed but now i try to install them and it doesnt seem to work
    yup yup, same error message here. everything is updated, i think..and yet the virtual keyboard will NOT install -_-
    i have the same error also for several patches such as msg forwarding and the area code patch...i tried restoring my phone and I still get same problems...i had virtual keyboard b4 not any more....need help!!!
    I've got my virtual keyboard to work by downloading it from a link on this site then installing it on my fone thru webos quick install...that was the way I did it..i tried to upload the file in a link but i cant
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by platinixpoe View Post
    I've got my virtual keyboard to work by downloading it from a link on this site then installing it on my fone thru webos quick install...that was the way I did it..i tried to upload the file in a link but i cant
    Can you link me? I'm having a problem also. thanks!
    i am having the same problems as well. Some patches work, but most dont, I get the same error message as stated above.......please help
    I get this a lot too. I usually revert to CLI install / update when it happens and that tends to work just fine.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    What is a CLI install / update? This might be a silly question, but i have only had my palm for a few days.
    I had the same problem yesterday. I was able to resolve the issue through Preware by uninstalling a hung-up installed program. Apparently, earlier in the week, I had tried to either uninstalled or installed a previous theme incorrectly. Theme install program included with Preware works great - good luck resolving that error. Also, many thanks to the contributor of Preware and Dinkum software! ;-)
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem. Some patches work and some don't. None of the themes work through Preware but work with webOS Quick Install. Preware tells me that "offline root mode: not running".
    Are there any answers for this or links to answers?

I installed the "Battery Icon as Percent" patch but it never worked. When I go to uninstall it, I get the uninstall error that says "Error Removing: See IPKG Log."

The IPKG Log says this:

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'remount' operation
    mount: mounting /dev/mapper/store-root on / failed: Device or resource busy
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    I had it working (virtual keyboard) than I removed it and tried installing it again and it didn't work
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast