1.    #1  
    Has anyone heard of any updates on the Documents to Go WebOS release? This is the app (app collection, really...) I've been looking forward to the most. Any info?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by froggersloth View Post
    Has anyone heard of any updates on the Documents to Go WebOS release? This is the app (app collection, really...) I've been looking forward to the most. Any info?
    I know it's not the same, but I've been using the Palm OS Docs to Go on Classic for some time. Here's how:

Since I wasn't sure what files the Docs to Go exe put on my old TX, I acted as if I was going to install Docs to Go on the TX again, and then looked at Palm's "Install Tool", which shows what files it wants to install in my TX, and I kept that list and set it aside.

Then I cancelled the install (since it was already on my TX) and then fired up the TX. I used the free program called "FileZ" to navigate to all the Docs to Go files that were previously installed on the TX and that were also on the list that I had just saved from my mock "install." I copied these files to the expansion card on my TX.

Then I took out the expansion card from the TX, and copied these files to the "Install" folder in Classic, while my Pre was in USB mode. Docs to Go installed without a hitch and I've been editing Word docs and spreadsheets since June.

To sync these edited files, I just run Microsoft's free "SyncToy" utility, and when my Pre is in USB mode, I just tell SyncToy to sync the D2G folder on my Pre (Folder inside the Classic folder where all my docs are) with the D2G folder within My Documents on my PC.

It works well enough that I haven't been overly anxious for D2G for WebOS. It helps if your old copy of D2G for Palm OS is recent enough to support native Word and Excel files.
    I have Docs to Go v10 running on Classic and syncing via hotsync over WiFi and it works great.