Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Just got a message while playing that we can now buy chips - cheapest is 10,000 for $0.99. Just tried it out for the hell of it and they give the option of putting in your card info or using paypal which is convenient.
    Cool. I should be good for a while..My pockets are lined with $91,000.00
    I don't like that in the current "method" for paying for chips, I have to accept either sending my CC info over a link that I don't know if it's secure or not, OR sending my paypal login info to a site that I can't actually verify IS paypal.
    Quote Originally Posted by dballing View Post
    I don't like that in the current "method" for paying for chips, I have to accept either sending my CC info over a link that I don't know if it's secure or not, OR sending my paypal login info to a site that I can't actually verify IS paypal.
    That's a really good point. We tried to make the in-app purchasing as streamlined as possible, but the tradeoff is that it's hard to tell what's going on behind the scenes. I can assure you that all our credit card processing uses a secure https connection, with a cert signed by GoDaddy, and that our PayPal button does indeed link to the One True PayPal, but you've got no way of verifying my assurance.

We'll add a setting to the next version of Word/Card Ace that will open the standard webOS browser for chip purchasing, so that you can check the security yourself.

Dan
    Self Aware Developer
    Dan Kurtz
    Self Aware Games
    stumbled here. read the posts. just had a comment. it would be very nice if you could just have a Palm account. That has you're credit card and get's charged for your purchases. One place that has your paypal, your CC etc. Kinda like ebay has my paypal and a cc. i just hit pay. i don't keep sending off cc info i just hit buy now. And then somehow, i guess, palm should handle paying the seller, or however these things typically work. i'm sure through electronic exchange. Even have it tied to a bank account. So everyone always knows, that if it's going through the palm account it's legit. i don't buy stuff off of itunes but i'd assume that's how that works. you just set up an account with apple and they have your cc. And you just buy stuff. my two cents. probably worth less. Decent app though. Some tables are too slow for me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by incidentist View Post
    That's a really good point. We tried to make the in-app purchasing as streamlined as possible, but the tradeoff is that it's hard to tell what's going on behind the scenes. I can assure you that all our credit card processing uses a secure https connection, with a cert signed by GoDaddy, and that our PayPal button does indeed link to the One True PayPal, but you've got no way of verifying my assurance.

We'll add a setting to the next version of Word/Card Ace that will open the standard webOS browser for chip purchasing, so that you can check the security yourself.
    Another idea might be to allow purchases from a desktop browser. I'd think you could probably pretty easily make a form on your site that just asks for your friend code before submitting the order and then adds to the account that represents.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Another idea might be to allow purchases from a desktop browser. I'd think you could probably pretty easily make a form on your site that just asks for your friend code before submitting the order and then adds to the account that represents.
    +1