Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Just wondering what happen to the issue of Palm hiring extra people to stay up with the overwhelming demand of apps submitted for the pre? The apps to date pretty much suck other then the game word whirl. The last push of apps was not the expected FLOOD over apps many of us were anticipating. Just saying....

I have decided today (thursday) to not check the app catalog at all so i'm not disappointed when i check it at night and see 0 added or another pichunt game... lol

Can we stop with the pichunt games? (Vintage, pets, etc). To many of those in the app catalog. Who plays those anyway?

Go Palm!
    Last edited by mcvideo; 10/08/2009 at 09:56 AM.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    It does seem a little underwhelming right now, but the paid app store just launched, so I'm thinking some patience is needed and in a month or two we should see if Palm is living up to their app promises.
    I was wondering this same thing myself!!!
    wonder if monday meant that we will not see any apps today?
    is palm just going to keep giving us garbage apps to keep us quiet while they focus on selling phones, and not focus on the consumers who bought their phones.
    I know, I know new OS, first gen device, da da da! point is palm is slacking on the consumers and I can tell by these forums that the consumers are getting increaseingly fed up with palm this phone was not ready to be released, and it was selfish of palm to take advantage of consumers just so they could compete with apple (it will be their downfall in the end consumers should always come first)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    I was wondering this same thing myself!!!
    wonder if monday meant that we will not see any apps today?
    is palm just going to keep giving us garbage apps to keep us quiet while they focus on selling phones, and not focus on the consumers who bought their phones.
    I know, I know new OS, first gen device, da da da! point is palm is slacking on the consumers and I can tell by these forums that the consumers are getting increaseingly fed up with palm this phone was not ready to be released, and it was selfish of palm to take advantage of consumers just so they could compete with apple (it will be their downfall in the end consumers should always come first)
    This has much less to do with Palm and much more to do with critical mass.
    Not exactly a flood, to be sure. More like spilling a bucket of water. There may be good reasons for the delay, but it's difficult to spin this as an impressive week for the app catalog.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    Well, WebOS is the operating system of patience. You simply have to have faith that an app flood is impending...and that video recording is coming...or the phone and calendar apps are going to be fixed...
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Well, WebOS is the operating system of patience. You simply have to have faith that an app flood is impending...and that video recording is coming...or the phone and calendar apps are going to be fixed...
    Or patience that my phone won't wiggle any more and spin fully around, or hope that it doesn't get stuck in headset mode anymore and gasp, hope that they get access to multiple carriers which will finally allow Palm to get some market share.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    Quote Originally Posted by mcvideo View Post
    The apps to date pretty much suck other then the game word whirl.
    >>> shameless plug <<<

If you like Word Whirl, give Wobble Words a look. Feedback so far has be awesome (thanks all!), and I'm already incorporating some feature suggestions for the next release.

>>> end shameless plug <<<
    Dave Balmer, Gobico Games

Thanks for your support! Check out Wobble Words 2 and Poker Drops available now in the App Catalog for Palm Pre and Pixi, and follow us on Twitter @GobicoGames to get the latest news.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbalmer View Post
    If you like Word Whirl, give Wobble Words a look. Feedback so far has be awesome (thanks all!), and I'm already incorporating some feature suggestions for the next release.
    One of the prettiest games on the Pre right now. This is one of the two games I bought. Fun game play. I agree you should buy both.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanreck View Post
    It does seem a little underwhelming right now, but the paid app store just launched, so I'm thinking some patience is needed and in a month or two we should see if Palm is living up to their app promises.
    A month or two?!? Are you kidding me?? I'm pretty sure they were suppose to launch the full app catalog a week or so ago and they never did. Its always another month or two with palm and this phone.
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    Their actually removing apps based on my count. We're down to 122 as of right now when I know we had close to 140 on Monday...Android and HTC's Sense UI is looking more and more attractive every week
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknight View Post
    Their actually removing apps based on my count. We're down to 122 as of right now when I know we had close to 140 on Monday...Android and HTC's Sense UI is looking more and more attractive every week
    Agreed.
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    What's strange is there are devs who have sent their apps in and had them approved but they're still not up. Not sure what is going on with Palm.
    I highly doubt we see anymore today.. Palm probably thinks what they gave us on Monday is good enough for the whole week and maybe will put a few more in on Monday again, I'm getting a little frustrated. Where is Twee?? or Tweed? And more importantly, where is Docs2Go?? Why can't they start with some good apps so some of us shutup and quit with the ridiculous apps like air hockey that can't even run smooth?
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Maybe the 'flood' symbolized submissions, but not accepted apps. Almost every app needed to be tweaked a little bit, I'm sure.

I'm patiently waiting for Tweed as well. I recall the blog post about moving to a paid design, but not a timeframe as to when. Maybe they haven't submitted it yet?

On another note, maybe Palm is avoiding putting too much on the catalog on one given day. It looks great for sales numbers, but strains the network.
    My two apps are pretty much through the approval process, which will forever change the Palm Pre apps landscape.

My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Well there's 1 new one on there now. Pichunt - Space Explorers, wonder if anymore will show up? We're back to 123.
    HOLY DAMN CRAP!!! another pic hunt game? seriously? really? WHO IS DEMANDING THESE DAMN PIC HUNT GAMES?? i'm sorry to rant, but what the fuhell is going on here? I have had this pre since launch and LOVE IT, BUT.....where my apps be?

also, am I alone in not being satisfied with homebrew graduates?....please, don't misunderstand that...I LOVE THIS DAMN SITE AND COMMUNITY OF HOMEBREWERS THAT HAVE MADE MY PHONE GRRRREAT....but i'm really wanting some major corporations to develop for webOS....Chase mobile banking, Comcast DVR, pizza hut add my own anchovies, etc.....
    Last edited by dingwall1; 10/08/2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: add
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    So glad we have 3 PicHunt games now. I don't know how I ever survived with just the 2 we already had.
    Agree, I only need a few legit corp apps right now: Bloomberg, Weather Channel (hate Weather Bug), legit facebook, chase banking, and SHAZAM for crying out loud!