Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Hi. Bug report...

The last couple of days, I've started getting the not-certified dialog, for applications where I've previously acknowledged the non-certification.

Que pasta?

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  2. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I would like an option to not show the notification at all.

If the app doesn't work I will know quickly and if I have used it regulary then why nag me all the time.
    Although it is better in 2.0 it is still annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Hi. Bug report...

The last couple of days, I've started getting the not-certified dialog, for applications where I've previously acknowledged the non-certification.

Que pasta?

Regards,
    -JerryG
    The scenario that allows this is when you’re in Classic and if it crashes it will show notifications for the apps as if they were started for the first time. It will, so to say, start from the beginning if its work has been interrupted and regarding notifications showing.

Can you please follow Classic’s behavior and report in case something does not fit this scenario?

Thanks!

(shouldn’t it be Que Pasa? Or you’re just pasta lover spreading the pasta love in OUR forum?)
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    The scenario that allows this is when you’re in Classic and if it crashes it will show notifications for the apps as if they were started for the first time. It will, so to say, start from the beginning if its work has been interrupted and regarding notifications showing.

Can you please follow Classic’s behavior and report in case something does not fit this scenario?

Thanks!

(shouldn’t it be Que Pasa? Or you’re just pasta lover spreading the pasta love in OUR forum?)
    OK, I could understand if Classic crashes while in an NCC app, it reminds you when you start that app again. But it's for every NCC app I've run after a crash. So yes, that is consistent. But, I'd rather see the former case, as opposed to the latter. The many are suffering for the one...

Nah, I like pasta, but I also like word-play (and that doesn't inflate your waistline). Here's another mangling for you -

Buenos nachos. Vaya con salsa!

Cheerios,
    -JerryG

PS - Does "OUR" mean belonging to _MotionApps_, or all of us?
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    OK, I could understand if Classic crashes while in an NCC app, it reminds you when you start that app again. But it's for every NCC app I've run after a crash. So yes, that is consistent. But, I'd rather see the former case, as opposed to the latter. The many are suffering for the one...

Nah, I like pasta, but I also like word-play (and that doesn't inflate your waistline). Here's another mangling for you -

Buenos nachos. Vaya con salsa!

Cheerios,
    -JerryG

PS - Does "OUR" mean belonging to _MotionApps_, or all of us?
    The behavior that you would like to see regarding notifications has been forwarded to the right table. So we will see if/how this can be done.

Word-play, obviously. But don’t mess with that, because if we get engaged in word-plays, we might forget to stop playing while coding and what do you know….there are bugs in our software.

Cheerios!

P.S. OUR means all of us, because that’s what it is. We’re really enjoying this little place we have here to stay in daily contact and share stuff with you guys.
    Follow us on Twitter

Classic, it's really nice to communicate with you via the forums.

Can you give us all any previews about any upcoming changes to the way the "not certified" message behaves?
    The behavior implemented in the latest version: you will see a notification in either case (Certified or not Certified) only the first time you start the application. Then it will not show again.

However, if there are crashes, you will see the notifications as if you started Classic/apps from the scratch. Still, as soon as you guys get the “working as intended” Classic, we believe that the behavior will be as you would expect it/want it, i.e. the crashes will be at minimum and the notifications will show only once.

Basically, we listened to your suggestions and implemented a compromise solution. We believe we did a good job with this one.
    Follow us on Twitter

I do agree that it was improved in version 2. I would really like to see one more improvement: please add a user option to turn off the messages once and for all.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjkinsman View Post
    i do agree that it was improved in version 2. I would really like to see one more improvement: Please add a user option to turn off the messages once and for all.
    +1 +1 +1