Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    So I just bought the itunes remote for the Palm Pre and I have a questions to ask...

How did this app pass testing and get approved for the app store?

In order for this app to even semi-work it has to nearly crash my phone, and it's not like I'm running 5 other apps as well. Just this one. Every time I attempt to load up my music I get a notification: Memory critical, too many cards! Only problem with this? There's only one card and it isn't even working properly. You might be saying that I have too many songs on my itunes... I have a little over 2,000 which is a joke to many people out there and is more than likely a lot less than most people here. When I attempt to play a song from my music list it'll play after 10 seconds and 10 seconds after that pull up a screen with only the background for the app and no options to scroll through the song, pause, play, or even adjust the volume.

This would be understandable if this was a homebrew app, or even a FREE app available in the app catalog, but the fact that I paid $5.41 for it is unacceptable.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    So I just reread my post and I realize that I came off pretty rude... It's been a bad day...

Anyways, I was just very surprised that a paid app in the official catalog would have these kinds of problems when I haven't run into a single homebrew app with such issues.

Has anyone else bought the app and had similar experiences?
    hi

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry you're having troubles.

I had some issues early on in development with the 'music' playlist - but thought those had been sorted.

Do you only get the warning when you view the 'music' playlist (e.g. the list of all your songs).

e.g. do other playlists, and other controls work?

I have a fairly large library that I was testing on, and never hit that warning - but perhaps I need to push it harder...
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    It's mainly my Music Playlist, my Library, and a few of my larger playlists experience a bit of lag, but not nearly as much as when the app is trying to load my entire song base.

Perhaps you could have it load up only the As at first for the music and library and on the right hand side put a scroller for the rest of the letters in the alphabet or use the header or something?

Other playlists work, but the app resists bring up the actual remote to control pause, skip, ect. whenever I select a song to play. In order for me to get the remote section open I often times have to open a song, close the app, and reopen it so that it loads to the remote and the song playing. In some instances the part of the screen where the remote should be just goes white, or it tries to load the remote, but when it finds nothing it just goes back to the playlist.

I'm also having trouble adding new playlists. I'll add them into my itunes, close both programs, and though it shows up on itunes it will not show up in the app.

Thank you for the quick response, and I'm sorry again if I came off as rude.
    that's good feeedback. thanks.

I suspect I'm not updating the list of playlists, so closing and reopening itunes remote is resetting them.

I'll clearly have to look at what I can do to handle large lists more efficiently.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Please find a way to sell it except through the official store.

It's really infuriating for us outside one of those countries.