Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I don't know if anyone else is have this problem or not, but like everyone else I'm getting the failed installs because there isn't enough space. palm-install gives an error and webOS Quick Install just pretends to install. Where it gets interesting is that I deleted a couple large apps and I STILL get the message. In addition, the entire time, Preware has never had a problem installing.

FTW, I've never rooted my pre but I have used patches/tweaks and, obviously, Preware.

Any ideas?!
    --WhoAmI--
    Sprint Palm Treo 700p with MR --> Palm Pre

T-Money is now available for the webOS! Financial planning has never been easier.
    u get that message bc of the small memory partition...preware gets behind this bc it uses the package manager service to install
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    u get that message bc of the small memory partition...preware gets behind this bc it uses the package manager service to install
    I knew it used the Package Manager Service but I couldn't figure out how the service managed to get around the memory limitation when novacom couldn't!

I wish Palm, QI, and/or Preware would tell you how much space app's are taking and how much free space remains!
    --WhoAmI--
    Sprint Palm Treo 700p with MR --> Palm Pre

T-Money is now available for the webOS! Financial planning has never been easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    I knew it used the Package Manager Service but I couldn't figure out how the service managed to get around the memory limitation when novacom couldn't!
    no idea man
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    I don't know if anyone else is have this problem or not, but like everyone else I'm getting the failed installs because there isn't enough space. palm-install gives an error and webOS Quick Install just pretends to install. Where it gets interesting is that I deleted a couple large apps and I STILL get the message. In addition, the entire time, Preware has never had a problem installing.

FTW, I've never rooted my pre but I have used patches/tweaks and, obviously, Preware.

Any ideas?!
    I'm have the same "no matter how many apps I delete" memory issue. I've had the "not enough space/memory" problem several times before, but have always been able to delete Homebrew apps and then install my new program. But now, no matter how many apps I remove I still get the "not enough memory" error.

Is this a different issue happening since 1.2.1 or the latest version of Quick Install? I've never rooted my phone or used Preware. Do QI patches / tweaks take up space in the same partition as apps?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman View Post
    I'm have the same "no matter how many apps I delete" memory issue. I've had the "not enough space/memory" problem several times before, but have always been able to delete Homebrew apps and then install my new program. But now, no matter how many apps I remove I still get the "not enough memory" error.

Is this a different issue happening since 1.2.1 or the latest version of Quick Install? I've never rooted my phone or used Preware. Do QI patches / tweaks take up space in the same partition as apps?
    I'll keep searching the forums for answers, but I'm having this same issue. Before I implemented tweaks and installed a few things via the new version of WebOS Quick Install (was running an older version before), I didn't have this problem. I've deleted two big apps and it still says I don't have enough space. I can still install directly from WebOS Quick Install, but I can't install anything from the official App Catalog or via FileCoaster.

Is there a way to fix this?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Preware seems to get around this issue - at least for Homebrew Apps.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman View Post
    Preware seems to get around this issue - at least for Homebrew Apps.
    I know, but that means anytime I want to install an official app, I've got to go into WebOS QuickInstall and switch everything back - I think?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krohde View Post
    I know, but that means anytime I want to install an official app, I've got to go into WebOS QuickInstall and switch everything back - I think?
    Well according the article in PreCentral, webOS 1.3.5 is suppose to correct the "no room issue". If you can wait. Article is Here