• no I do not

5 12.20%
  • I don't want to say....

5 12.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    ]hey...today I'm talking about payment for apps.....it works this way: if you want to buy an app you need a credit-card.....but what if you have bad credit..lol.........or you just don't have a credit-card......I think that palm needs a different way for us to pay for apps.......

look @ the apple app store....you can go out and buy app store giftcards......please say what you think about this....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Just a personal opinion but if you don't have a credit/debit card to purchase items online then you need to leave 2001 and come join the rest of us in 2009. 2001 is probably even under-exaggerating. Just joshing with ya but seriously, who doesn't at least have a debit card?
    No credit card? No debit card? What? Even teenages have these things. We are talking about a minuscule fraction of the population here. PALM doesn't care about this market. Gift cards may come if the application store and webOS really take off similar to iTunes.

If you have no liquidity try the homebrew apps.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Just a personal opinion but if you don't have a credit/debit card to purchase items online then you need to leave 2001 and come join the rest of us in 2009. 2001 is probably even under-exaggerating. Just joshing with ya but seriously, who doesn't at least have a debit card?

as far as I can tell you can't use a debit card....I am pretty sure just visa and mastercard...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    No credit card? No debit card? What? Even teenages have these things. We are talking about a minuscule fraction of the population here. PALM doesn't care about this market. Gift cards may come if the application store and webOS really take off similar to iTunes.

sure...their parents pay the bill!!...LOL!!!

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    as far as I can tell you can't use a debit card....I am pretty sure just visa and mastercard...
    I'm using a Debit Mastercard issued from citizens bank. It has NO CREDIT LINE. Works for me!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I use my debit card to buy from the app catalog...debit cards are branded either visa or mastercard usually and work the same
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts

think about all the people who don't want to use homebrew...or they are just tooscared...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    If your Debit card is issued via MC or VISA (which most in the USA are) then you can.

Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    that's just great......just thought the the people could have more opitions...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    I guess I'm missing something here. How could you obtain a Pre if you don't have a bank account or a credit card? Therefore you have no need for other (obscure) payment options.
    I guess I'm missing something here. How could you obtain a Pre if you don't have a bank account or a credit card?
    its possible. I billed it to my account. I did not pay anything to walk out the door with it june 6th. However, the question should be how do you purchase something online without a debit or credit card? I understand Giftcards work with some billing systems, but wouldnt something like a greendot prepaid debit card function the same?

No credit card? No debit card? What? Even teenages have these things.
    While I agree that most people have debit cards these days, it's gotten a lot more difficult for younger people to get credit cards in the last year or so.

My brother recently graduated college and has been having a hell of a time trying to get a credit card to build credit.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    allot of people only use cash...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    While I agree that most people have debit cards these days, it's gotten a lot more difficult for younger people to get credit cards in the last year or so.

My brother recently graduated college and has been having a hell of a time trying to get a credit card to build credit.

yes...the credit companys used to send out offers all the time....now you really don't get any...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    And how many of them are able to purchase stuff online? I just dont see it as an issue I guess. I'd rather Palm work on other things than giftcards. Its just a bit premature imho. Besides debit cards are free from alot of Banking Institutions with a checking account.

Who? Where? I have never known anyone who used cash exclusively. If you only want to use cash then on-line app stores are not for you.

You should be able to use a pre paid Visa/MC card.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.

tell him to check out orchard bank. they have a prepaid debit card that you load yourself, but they report to the credit agencies as if its an actuall credit card. He can build a tradeline history with it and thus improve his credit...it has a fee to start though, like $100 last time I checked.

More difficult perhaps but impossible? I moved to the USA from Canada a few years ago and unfortunatly my perfect Canadian credit rating amounted to nothing here (despite the fact that the USA and Canada use the same credit agencies). I can't even work in this country and I still managed to get a bank account and a credit card.

If you have a pulse you can get some kind of plastic card with numbers on it to use on-line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast