• no I do not

5 12.20%
  • I don't want to say....

5 12.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    ok..ok......but what about the fee that allot of creditcard companys demand......and most of the prepaid cards have a big fee that you have to fork over......allot of people want to save as much money as they can......

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Credit card fees are a fact of life....don't run a balance....no problem. Don't like the fees on pre-paid cards...use a bank account and a debit card. This is an industrialized nation, if you can't or don't want to use a bank, stuff will get complicated for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    ok..ok......but what about the fee that allot of creditcard companys demand......and most of the prepaid cards have a big fee that you have to fork over......allot of people want to save as much money as they can......
    So to take your argument to the next evolution, what if you dont want to pay for an app or dont have the money...what next? :P

Seriously, there are security concerns about using giftcards. Now granted, not as serious as using one to purchase a new cellphone or line of service. But understand that using a gift card or even prepaid card takes away the ability for the seller to verify whom is doing the buying. There simply is NO way to verify as the name and address of the card holder is not made available to the seller...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    so if everyone doesn't like the idea of gift cards....tell me why giftcards were invented in the first place???

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    .....and why does the iphone app store have them??? And why is there itunes giftcards??? If giftcard are really so bad why do companys have them?!?!

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Gift cards are fine but you are not going to see them for the PALM webOS app store. Way to small of a market and no demand for it. Apples iTunes has a much much larger install base and also sells music...different ball game.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    So to take your argument to the next evolution, what if you dont want to pay for an app or dont have the money...what next? :P

Seriously, there are security concerns about using giftcards. Now granted, not as serious as using one to purchase a new cellphone or line of service. But understand that using a gift card or even prepaid card takes away the ability for the seller to verify whom is doing the buying. There simply is NO way to verify as the name and address of the card holder is not made available to the seller...
    yeah the appps are overpriced anyway...lol

who cares about the companys knowing who is buying apps.....you have to have an account to buy apps anyway.....you know you have to enter a password....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Gift cards are fine but you are not going to see them for the PALM webOS app store. Way to small of a market and no demand for it. Apples iTunes has a much much larger install base and also sells music...different ball game.

you mean that the webos market is not big yet.......
    Last edited by Jeffmcc; 10/07/2009 at 04:22 PM. Reason: missed a word...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    you mean that the webos market is not big yet.......
    Actually, I think he means that if iTunes was only the app store for the iPhone, and not also the music, video, and app store for the entire iPod line, there wouldn't be any iTunes gift cards, you might see Palm gift cards if they partner with amazon and come out with their own music video app store, but the iTunes gift cards were around before the phone existed, purely to buy music with.
    I had a sprint Rewards card (prepaid debit card that we dealers get for selling certin phones) and i thought i had enough money on it. I bought the air hockey app. downloaded it ... then got a email from PALM saying that they could not complet the sale cuz the card was denied. It said i could add a different card and they would let me download more apps later. But i still have the app... it didnt delete after restart or anything. I AM going to pay for this app and i put my tmobile rewards care (same thing basically prepaid debit card as a sales reward) on there for future buys....
    SCK Manager
    as far as I can tell you can't use a debit card....I am pretty sure just visa and mastercard...
    Just to clarify... I set up companies for processing services and YES you can use debit cards. As long as your card has the VISA or MasterCard logo on it, you can use it anywhere credit cards are accepted. (AND you can use your Pre to accept credit card transactions too!!)

On the flip-side - you are better off "security-wise" by using a credit card as they are much better and easier to work with in case of a fraudulent transaction.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    you guys should ask apple why it uses gift cards.....why don't they just use credit cards?? And what if you want to give app as gifts? you guys need to be a lil more open minded....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    If you don't have a credit card then you probably shouldn't have a pre. LOL
    I think Palm will eventually have gift cards. It is stupid for them to focus time on them now. Other things are more important. The return on time investment is smaller than other features and resources are always limited.

As a developer, I've requested app gift cards to give out to my beta testers, that would give them free copies of apps in the catalog. The same system would work for standard $ amount gift cards. I don't think it is a bad idea. It just isn't as important as the App Catalog in other countries, for example.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I think Palm will eventually have gift cards. It is stupid for them to focus time on them now. Other things are more important. The return on time investment is smaller than other features and resources are always limited.

As a developer, I've requested app gift cards to give out to my beta testers, that would give them free copies of apps in the catalog. The same system would work for standard $ amount gift cards. I don't think it is a bad idea. It just isn't as important as the App Catalog in other countries, for example.

when palm comes out with them.......can i be one of ur beta testers????
    i like ur idea of giving out gift cards to ur beta testers........

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12