Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    It takes an awfully long time for Classic to fire up. Not good if I need to get access to a Classic app quickly.

What are some normal times folks are getting? Is there a way to speed things up?

When I hot synced my existing profile the first time, a lot of unnecessary or not-used stuff got transferred that I'm still deleting. Could that be a problem?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I counted and it took 30 seconds for Classic to boot up. I think the more apps installed the longer boot time. Try leaving it open if you find yourself using Classic often. That's the beauty of the Pre, right?
    It seems like startup is a lot faster in airplane mode. Has anyone else noticed that? Is Classic talking to an online resource at startup?

This morning in airplane mode I also didn't get themessage of the app being classic certified. Maybe there's a connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    It seems like startup is a lot faster in airplane mode. Has anyone else noticed that? Is Classic talking to an online resource at startup?
    Mine doesn't seem to change speed whether in airplane mode, wifi only (no phone), or phone turned on. I am at v2.0.1 if it matters.

Perhaps they do an automatic check at launch to see if there is an update or bugfix version available? Or maybe they only do that every so often, and that is why I can't duplicate a difference in the start up times?