Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40
  1.    #1  
    what's ur high score, i wanna know how good i am (or not so good).
  2. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    #2  
    1400-something, lol. I love that game... but I kinda suck at it so far (tend to play while I am doing other things).
  3. #3  
    During testing, just over 75K on untimed, 32K on timed (blanks for the win!). My favorite setting these days is 3min, shakes off, drops on, blanks off. Very challenging, my top score with those rules is 1292. Happy to see you're addicted (muhaha!)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbalmer View Post
    During testing, just over 75K on untimed, 32K on timed (blanks for the win!). My favorite setting these days is 3min, shakes off, drops on, blanks off. Very challenging, my top score with those rules is 1292. Happy to see you're addicted (muhaha!)
    holy cr*p!
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 10/07/2009 at 11:05 AM.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    holy cr*p!
    The game is easy to pick up, but the more you play you'll discover strategies and tactics which can greatly improve your score, especially with the default rules (3min, drops, shakes, blanks all on).
  6. #6  
    this a free game?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    this a free game?
    It is for sale in the App Catalog. Great game.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  8. Eckless's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #8  
    So does anybody with better query skills than me want to figure out the highest-scoring 6-letter combination with two blanks? Thanks for the great game...I'm really enjoying it! Between this and Word Whirl, my word-game needs on the Pre have been sated.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckless View Post
    So does anybody with better query skills than me want to figure out the highest-scoring 6-letter combination with two blanks? Thanks for the great game...I'm really enjoying it! Between this and Word Whirl, my word-game needs on the Pre have been sated.
    Dude! That's practically cheating.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbalmer View Post
    Dude! That's practically cheating.
    dbalmer, possible very stupid question: When you said you got so and so points during testing; were you saying you were one of the devs?
  11. gage006's Avatar
    Posts
    543 Posts
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    #11  
    Tempted to get it. Anyone here play Word F-u (why is that filtered?) on the iPhone? I looooove that game. If it's similar, i'm sold.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    dbalmer, possible very stupid question: When you said you got so and so points during testing; were you saying you were one of the devs?
    I'm the author of Wobble Words. Naturally during development, I played it a *lot*, so my scores tend to be pretty high now.

    As a side note, After 3 months of development and playtesting, and thousands of games played, I still love playing the game. When that realization sunk in, I started to feel like the game met my goal for replay value.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Tempted to get it. Anyone here play Word F-u (why is that filtered?) on the iPhone? I looooove that game. If it's similar, i'm sold.
    It's not really similar at all. To save some explanation, I'm going to have a demo video up soon and will post a link here when I do.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbalmer View Post
    I'm the author of Wobble Words. Naturally during development, I played it a *lot*, so my scores tend to be pretty high now.

    As a side note, After 3 months of development and playtesting, and thousands of games played, I still love playing the game. When that realization sunk in, I started to feel like the game met my goal for replay value.
    Well, i've got to say thank you. Thanx for giving me hope that this app store can actually have high quality games, and maybe high quality apps to add some functionality to this phone.
    You did a great job, and you should be proud. I know i would be, if i was you.
    OH: Just one little request --
    Do you think, maybe in a future update, that you could also add 5,10 or 15 minute timers and so on? That would probably be a good addition to the options. Waddaya think?
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 10/07/2009 at 06:54 PM.
  15. gage006's Avatar
    Posts
    543 Posts
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    #15  
    I'm a sucker for word games so I still might check it out. But I really love Word F-u something fierce. It's really the main thing I miss from my iPod touch.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    I'm a sucker for word games so I still might check it out. But I really love Word F-u something fierce. It's really the main thing I miss from my iPod touch.
    I never had an iPod or iPhone, so I don't know what game that is that ur talking about, but i know how it feels to miss certain apps that we can't get here on the Pre. Believe me.
  17. #17  
    Well if you are syncing with the latest iTunes thanks to Palms new update, just click on the App Store and look around

    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I never had an iPod or iPhone, so I don't know what game that is that ur talking about, but i know how it feels to miss certain apps that we can't get here on the Pre. Believe me.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Well, i've got to say thank you. Thanx for giving me hope that this app store can actually have high quality games, and maybe high quality apps to add some functionality to this phone.
    You did a great job, and you should be proud. I know i would be, if i was you.
    OH: Just one little request --
    Do you think, maybe in a future update, that you could also add 5,10 or 15 minute timers and so on? That would probably be a good addition to the options. Waddaya think?
    I'm really happy you like it. A lot of work went into not only putting together the game, but learning a new platform. It's less of a learning curve than Objective-C (cough Apple), but still pretty frustrating at times.

    I actually pulled 5 and 10 minute time options from an early prototype for simplicity sake. That said, you're not the first to request something in between "3min" and "forever", so look for that coming soon.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    I'm a sucker for word games so I still might check it out. But I really love Word F-u something fierce. It's really the main thing I miss from my iPod touch.
    I own Word F-u myself. What I like about Word F-u is the animation and sound effects. One of the limitations I had to grapple with is poor sound support on the Pre, so there I'm a little jealous. Also, I like the special dice that drop, and the originality of the game itself. Very good app (even though it's iPhone).

    >>> Warning: possible developer bias follows <<<

    That said, I actually find myself playing Wobble Words more then Word . I think the reasons stem from the fact that Word F-u is intense. There's a lot going on in a very short period of time. Usually when I play a game on my phone, I'm multitasking or relaxing between tasks. My attention span and focus isn't usually there for Word F-u, and there isn't a way to slow it down.

    With Wobble Words, I can set the timer on or off, and make it more challenging if I want by turning shakes, letter drops and blanks off. With a couple taps, I can change the rules around to suit my mood. I find that even though I've played it thousands of times (enough for anyone to get sick of any game), I click over to it a lot for my idle time amusement.

    >>> end developer bias <<<

    So, check out the features and the comments, and see if you may want to give it a try even though it's a very different game.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbalmer View Post
    I'm really happy you like it. A lot of work went into not only putting together the game, but learning a new platform. It's less of a learning curve than Objective-C (cough Apple), but still pretty frustrating at times.

    I actually pulled 5 and 10 minute time options from an early prototype for simplicity sake. That said, you're not the first to request something in between "3min" and "forever", so look for that coming soon.
    Ok, i'll b on the lookout for it. Thanx for ur quick responses.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions