Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Dunno if others have seen this or not, but my F-150 has the new Microsoft "Sync" feature installed - I've tried it with the new 1.2 update and it WORKS (very cool) -but it appears to be very,very buggy.

My concern is that folks will be twiddling (hopefully NOT while driving...) with their Pre to try to entice the BT stack there to wake up and connect to the Sync peer... it seems like I have to (on the Pre) turn OFF BT, then turn back ON BT to make that happen in any reliable way (hence I am suspecting that the issue lies with the Pre - no the sync service in the truck...)

Anybody else have better luck? Any tricks?
    I have a standard bluetooth capable cd player installed in my car nothing fancy, but it has a2dp, and the sync of contacts feature and it automatically connects to my pre the second i am in range and switches my music to my cd player. Maybe it is a bug with the Microsoft Sync, but with mine it works fine, if you need me to tell you the exact bluetooth profiles it has i will look them up.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Not quite sure what profile Sync uses (I'm checking...) - it must be different than a2dp - I have an a2dp headset that works *beautifully* with the Pre - as you point out - when in range, its there and connected... its an excellent experience. My ONLY gripe has been that, while listening to music with my headset, if a phone call comes in, the Pre mutes the music (very cool), launches the phone app and then sets the audio in/out to the Pre (???) - not my headset (which has full HSP features - including a mic). I have to, in the phone app, specifically select BT again, then it works fine... but it takes a few clicks to make that happen - all while my peer on the phone is saying "hello... hello ... are you there?"... :-)