Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I plunked down $2.99 for word whirl. I played the homebrew version tons, and it's well worth the money to me.

How about you, what app(s) have you bought and why?
    Friendsflow for me!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Word Whirl = Fun!

Weatherbug "elite", well, I'm not very happy with this buy.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheuba View Post
    Word Whirl = Fun!

Weatherbug "elite", well, I'm not very happy with this buy.
    I was thinking of buying weatherbug, because the adds in accuweather annoy me. What don't you like about it? Everything besides the adds in accuweather i love. Hour by hour breakdown, radar, 5 day over view.
    None so far. But I plan to buy Tweed when it becomes payware because I use that all the time. I may buy Word Whirl for my wife because she loves it. I like the package tracker app as well but I guess I don't receive enough packages to actually need it.

Other than that there isn't really much yet that I feel obliged to purchase. (no offense to the app developers!)
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    I got FriendsFlow, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, and Word Whirl.. Love them all.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grandebob View Post
    I was thinking of buying weatherbug, because the adds in accuweather annoy me. What don't you like about it? Everything besides the adds in accuweather i love. Hour by hour breakdown, radar, 5 day over view.
    The radar hasn't worked most of the day. When it had worked it was a regional view. I couldn't seem to zoom in while it was animated. The video forecasts are pretty generic national outlook. The 7-day overview is nice, but you have to scroll because the information is too spread out. Tapping on days gives a good "blurb" about the outlook.

It's okay, but it is very basic. I'm mostly annoyed at the radar being unreliable.
    I attempted to get Weather Bug and Friends Flow, but I'm "out of memory". ;0
    I got Word Whirl, Block Breaker, and Checkers. I've been playing them for free for months thought it would be a nice thing to support the developers on launch day.

How is who wants to be a millionaire, to the poster who said he bought it?

-bill
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    FriendsFlow (AWESOME facebook app which does 75% of what I need. THANKS grepper!)
    JogStats (seemed cool.. I used to use a similar app on my wm6)
    Newsroom (people were asking for a review.. and the developer was answering questions.. bought this one to take one for the team.. it's worth it tho)
    Wobble Words (saw the demo for this one months ago and loved it.. cool game)

-mark
    Even though my golfing season is coming to a close, I had to pull the trigger on GolfPinFinder. Moserjj has done such a good job with fixes and adding features, the hard work needs to be rewarded.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    friends flow, even though I don't use it much
    friends flow, even though I don't use facebook. I'll start soon. I also attempted to buy Workout Tracker, but whenever I click submit, it says App Catalog isn't working.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Checkers Pro
    Tweed
    Shopping List
    Sports Calendar (no, not the brighhouse labs stuff)
    Sunrise Sunset
    Fuel
    Classic Solitaire
    Top Stocks
    and, OK, I'll admit it, Just Farts for WebOS
    Last edited by arhoolie; 12/16/2009 at 12:24 PM. Reason: updated paid app list
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    friends flow, even though I don't use facebook. I'll start soon. I also attempted to buy Workout Tracker, but whenever I click submit, it says App Catalog isn't working.
    If there is a beta version of this on your Pre, you need to delete the beta before you buy the full version. The error message is a patch to keep the free upgrades from happening that we had last night.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    If there is a beta version of this on your Pre, you need to delete the beta before you buy the full version. The error message is a patch to keep the free upgrades from happening that we had last night.
    Yes that is true. I tested it with my phone and it will not allow me to download it either.

What is happing is the App Id is the same as the app id on your phone and Palm is blocking that since you did not get it from the app catalog.

Thank you for beta testing my app and I hope you can get it working if not PM and I will see what I can do to help you get it loaded.
    Word Whirl was the first app i bought. Since I (and my family) have loved playing it since it hit homebrew, i wanted to see it get a good opening day bump. And I'll buy Dr. Podder also as soon as it hits, as it has made a huge improvement in my commute. A fully completed (and not jerky) Topple Ball will be worth buying also.
    Millionaire is a good game. It definitely looks the most like a professional paid app. It is just like the game on tv. Same music, questions are challenging.
    You can phone a friend and use all the lifelines like the show. There is a couple of life lines that are different. One stops the clock, and one is a "ask an expert." The ask an expert just has some random person answer the question with a percentage. Like saying what they think is the answer and saying what percent they are sure they are correct.
    When you click phone a friend it pretty much does the same thing. You don't actually call anyone. It just gives a random answer with the percentage that they are sure. Like if they think the answer is say, California, they will say "California 80% sure."
    I like that it shows the screen with the ladder that you move up and it gives you what the topic is going to be.
    It also keeps track of all the "money" that you have won over the course of playing the game.. Over the course of 6 games that I have played, I have won a little over $500,000
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Friend Flow and at $1.99 thats not bad.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    Millionaire is a good game. It definitely looks the most like a professional paid app. It is just like the game on tv. Same music, questions are challenging.
    You can phone a friend and use all the lifelines like the show. There is a couple of life lines that are different. One stops the clock, and one is a "ask an expert." The ask an expert just has some random person answer the question with a percentage. Like saying what they think is the answer and saying what percent they are sure they are correct.
    When you click phone a friend it pretty much does the same thing. You don't actually call anyone. It just gives a random answer with the percentage that they are sure. Like if they think the answer is say, California, they will say "California 80% sure."
    I like that it shows the screen with the ladder that you move up and it gives you what the topic is going to be.
    It also keeps track of all the "money" that you have won over the course of playing the game.. Over the course of 6 games that I have played, I have won a little over $500,000
    Sounds like a fun game, especially for a trivia buff like myself. Can you use webOS' multitasking to card millionaire then go google the answer?
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast