1.    #1  
    I installed via QI the keyboard a day ago, it seemed to install fine. but double clicking the gesture area does not pull up the keyboard. Preware says the VK is installed, but it wont let me remove it for a reinstall. I have tried a soft reset many times, and tried to reinstall it qith Quick Install. still no luck.

can anyone help me get this to work>

thanks!
    same problem here.
    u have to make sure u use iq 2.72 then virtal keyboard wont work with 2,1 webos 2.1.2 and u need 2.72 on iq or install it over preware if u have that patch in ur pre. and the double taping from the keyboard aslo needs some practice then its not responding right away sometimes and it only works when ur in text email or everything that brings up that blinking bar where u can put text in make sure it blinks otherwise it wont work
    u need webos 212 and iq 272 to make it work or download it from preware and u have to to a new install everytime a software update is made
  5.    #5  
    my phone is up to date, and so is my quick install. i just upgraded to both on sunday. thats the first time i started downloading stuff to my phone.
    yea I just realized if ur on the most recent webos its a no go
    it works for me on webos 2.1.2 u just need to upgrade ur quick install too 272 if that doesnt work u need to update preware and install it over it make sure u install auto patch from preware and then u can install all patches with no problem on ur pre over preware no rooting required.
  8.    #8  
    dante, please use punctuation because i cant understand your sentences. and what is 2.1.2?

I do have all updated everything: webos, quick install, and preware. it still does not work, or let me remove it.

people do have the virtual keyboard working on 1.2.1os so thats not the problem.
    There are only 2 instances where you can launch the virtual keyboad. They are:

1. When the text-input cursor is in a text entry box/area, then double-tapping the gesture area will launch the virtual keyboard.

2. When the launcher is open (that is, the top-left menu says Launcher, NOT when it says Sprint), then double-tapping the gesture area will launch the virtual keyboard.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    There are only 2 instances where you can launch the virtual keyboad. They are:

1. When the text-input cursor is in a text entry box/area, then double-tapping the gesture area will launch the virtual keyboard.

2. When the launcher is open (that is, the top-left menu says Launcher, NOT when it says Sprint), then double-tapping the gesture area will launch the virtual keyboard.

+1