Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Wobble Words
    App Catalog
    $4.99

So I downloaded the app about an hour ago. I was hesitant because there wasn't much talk about the game around here, but decided to go for it. I am happy I did. I don't really mind $5 for a good game that is simple enough to not need a lot of time and fun enough (among other factors) to have high replay value.

Wobble Words works well, has a decent amount of customization, and does a great job to balance out the game characteristics to make it fun, light, easy, and a bit addictive. It was tough to turn the game off so I could write this post and get back to work.

Feature Highlights:
    Nice sound and vibration.
    Clean look with a few themes to choose from (default is my fave).
    Classic gameplay with the ability to tweak and twist.

Summary: My new favorite WebOS game, well worth the $5. Like I said... this game does a perfect job of being interesting and fun whether you have 5 minutes to blow or an hour to kill.
    Last edited by DrSuSE; 10/06/2009 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Typos
    I also bought the game after reading about it on their site. It's good, but I'm not convinced it's worth $5. Maybe worth $2 or $3, but if you have some extra cash, just grab it now.
    I purchased this and enjoy it. Great visual design. It is something I struggle with is the look and feel. I made a decision to make Word Whirl with WebOS buttons and styles to tie it to the platform.

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire is the bad way to roll your own look. Wobble Words is an example of a good way to roll your own style. Similar to WebOS look, but also its own. Well done.

Game play is crisp and simple. This is a distant cousin to a game I have in development. I did word selection differently and it is cool to see both ways being viable.

I think $4.99 is the limit I would pay for this, but I have no problem spending money to pay for the developers time. I know how much time we spend getting these things out there.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I purchased this and enjoy it. Great visual design. It is something I struggle with is the look and feel. I made a decision to make Word Whirl with WebOS buttons and styles to tie it to the platform.

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire is the bad way to roll your own look. Wobble Words is an example of a good way to roll your own style. Similar to WebOS look, but also its own. Well done.

Game play is crisp and simple. This is a distant cousin to a game I have in development. I did word selection differently and it is cool to see both ways being viable.

I think $4.99 is the limit I would pay for this, but I have no problem spending money to pay for the developers time. I know how much time we spend getting these things out there.
    I bought Wobble Words not long after I bought Word Whirl, based on how much I liked Word Whirl. Word Whirl is awesome, and a steal at the price you are asking. I too thoroughly enjoy Wobble Words, and now that I have it and Word Whirl I can pass hours away easily when I'm bored.
    Thanks for the review and comments! I'm really appreciating all the great feedback and feature suggestions I've received already. The Palm Pre community seems a bit friendly than some other platforms, which is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by allergic View Post
    I also bought the game after reading about it on their site. It's good, but I'm not convinced it's worth $5. Maybe worth $2 or $3, but if you have some extra cash, just grab it now.
    Hey allergic, thanks! I appreciate your purchase and the feedback. Tell me this, what do you feel is missing to make the app worth the $5? I'm always open to suggestions, and would love to hear any you have!