Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    Hello to everyone,

    Although we saw many reports on v2.0 and the news it brought in the forum, here is a link to a blog post we just published including overview of new features and links to more detailed info on our website
    MotionApps: Classic v2.0 release now complete!

    Thanks you for sharing your experience with Classic v2.0 here – we’ll be participating in threads.
    Follow us on Twitter

    Hang out with us on Facebook

    Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  2. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #2  
    When I saw "full screen mode," I was about to pull out my wallet to buy.

    But then, I saw it was just a bug fix for not properly handling notifications.

    Until I can hide the "pad" and get full screen Palm apps to run, I can't justify the buy.

    Thanks for the update, however.
  3. JrrInTN's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #3  
    And when I saw "Bluetooth Hotsync" I was ready to buy too. Unfortunately it appears to ACTUALLY be just Wi-Fi. My trial runs out tomorrow, and without Bluetooth Hotsync it's just not worth it for me, so I'll be deleting and waiting for my favorite "Classic" apps to get their Pre versions working.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    When I saw "full screen mode," I was about to pull out my wallet to buy.

    But then, I saw it was just a bug fix for not properly handling notifications.

    Until I can hide the "pad" and get full screen Palm apps to run, I can't justify the buy.

    Thanks for the update, however.
    Full screen implementation was not a bug fix – we implemented it as a new feature to make sure you can access all parts of Classic screen at any time without notifications popping up and hiding important parts.

    We just posted about the full screen you had in mind in another thread: we cannot implement it as such, because we are emulating Centro (including the resolution), so this is a technical characteristic that we are not able to alter.
    Follow us on Twitter

    Hang out with us on Facebook

    Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  5. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    Full screen implementation was not a bug fix – we implemented it as a new feature to make sure you can access all parts of Classic screen at any time without notifications popping up and hiding important parts.
    It's splitting hairs, but I think that having an app that fails to work properly when there is a notification has a defect. What you've done is fix that defect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    We just posted about the full screen you had in mind in another thread: we cannot implement it as such, because we are emulating Centro (including the resolution), so this is a technical characteristic that we are not able to alter.
    Why emulate the only Centro? Is this a licensing issue?

    Frankly, I think it was a bad decision to emulate an older model. Just giving you feedback. Perhaps, one day, you will see that it's worthwhile this capability.
  6. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JrrInTN View Post
    And when I saw "Bluetooth Hotsync" I was ready to buy too. Unfortunately it appears to ACTUALLY be just Wi-Fi. My trial runs out tomorrow, and without Bluetooth Hotsync it's just not worth it for me, so I'll be deleting and waiting for my favorite "Classic" apps to get their Pre versions working.
    Well, I found this on the Motion Apps website:
    Palm webOS enables users to establish a network connection between PC/Mac and Palm webOS device using Bluetooth. When such network connection is established between a computer and mobile device the communication between them can be performed using TCP/IP network.

    Network HotSync requires TCP/IP network, thus users can utilize Bluetooth in such a manner and perform HotSync.
    Makes me think, although not in the correct forum, would this also work for pocket mirror and missing sync for the Pre itself??? Because I'm not allowed to use my company's Wifi with my phone.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post

    Why emulate the only Centro? Is this a licensing issue?

    Frankly, I think it was a bad decision to emulate an older model. Just giving you feedback. Perhaps, one day, you will see that it's worthwhile this capability.
    I agree.

    It really seems strange that the non-full screen Centro was chosen as the reference model.
  8. #8  
    having trouble updating from the app cat. Keeps giving me the need to delete an app message even though I have now deleted 6 of them to try to get the upgrade to work. Do I need to uninstall the old version and, if so, how will it know I have already paid?
  9. #9  
    the keyboard mode switch gesture has become very annoying after several days of use. Please remove it or make it possible to turn off in the next version
  10. #10  
    The list of "free" apps is very interesting, but I'm concerned about the noted "trial" aspect of some number of them.

    Without knowing which ones, what I saw on the MotionApps website seems misleading. Maybe I'm missing something.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  11. #11  
    I am at the point of needing to purchase Classic for an obscure vertical App I need to use. However, I downloaded 2.0 and since I tried it months ago, I can not try the new version. How do I get the trial clock reset. I'm buying if this software works on the App, but I'm not paying to test it out.

    It is ridiculous that you release new features that might finally put a buyer over the top, and we can't try them. This should be reset for each major version.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  12. #12  
    Any chance on getting Kinoma to work on Classic?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I am at the point of needing to purchase Classic for an obscure vertical App I need to use. However, I downloaded 2.0 and since I tried it months ago, I can not try the new version. How do I get the trial clock reset. I'm buying if this software works on the App, but I'm not paying to test it out.

    It is ridiculous that you release new features that might finally put a buyer over the top, and we can't try them. This should be reset for each major version.
    It's hard to argue against this logic. I know I'm not diving in without having a better idea of what's in the pool.

    my trial expired months ago. The next week, I found out the Google Docs had been changed to the point that I wanted Docs2Go back... i.e. Classic. So I guess it's tough either way. Still, for major updates, at least...
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Any chance on getting Kinoma to work on Classic?
    It still doesn't work? Darn, looks like I cannot reitre my Centro yet
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  15. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by retrobits View Post
    the keyboard mode switch gesture has become very annoying after several days of use. Please remove it or make it possible to turn off in the next version
    +1
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    The list of "free" apps is very interesting, but I'm concerned about the noted "trial" aspect of some number of them.

    Without knowing which ones, what I saw on the MotionApps website seems misleading. Maybe I'm missing something.
    You are not missing anything – we just updated website in accordance with your point here.

    If you go to Classic - MotionApps and click to Learn More about apps you get Out of the Box, you will see that each one of them is now marked as free or time-limited trial.

    We communicated the free/time-limited trials in our blog post, but now each app is actually marked on our website.

    Thanks for your feedback!
    Follow us on Twitter

    Hang out with us on Facebook

    Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    It's hard to argue against this logic. I know I'm not diving in without having a better idea of what's in the pool.

    my trial expired months ago. The next week, I found out the Google Docs had been changed to the point that I wanted Docs2Go back... i.e. Classic. So I guess it's tough either way. Still, for major updates, at least...

    noted.
    Follow us on Twitter

    Hang out with us on Facebook

    Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  18. Scott_L's Avatar
    Posts
    323 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    #18  
    Will there be a version of Classic available for download/install without the extra apps? I'm a fan of "Lean and Mean". I imagine I can delete these apps, but why leave their droppings in the preferences files?

    I suppose I could install NorthGlide Systems' Uninstall Manager, but my plan was to get a base POS to install ThoughtMgr, Note Studio, Docs to Go, DbFixit, BellTime, A-Lex, IDGuard, iSilo, ProfileMD, PsMemo, and TMP on top of. I plan on making use of the POS PIMs because of their (to me) superiority to the WebOS replacements. My Memos are essential to me.

    I know there's nothing MotionApps or anyone other than Palm can do, but my POS PIMs are backed up to card several times a day so I can recover from any accidental changes. I guess there's no (quick & easy) recovery under WebOS.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    The list of "free" apps is very interesting, but I'm concerned about the noted "trial" aspect of some number of them.

    Without knowing which ones, what I saw on the MotionApps website seems misleading. Maybe I'm missing something.
    I agree. I find this very misleading.
  20. #20  
    I downloaded and installed the "free" apps from Motionapps into Classic. Most are trials that expire. Uninstalled those. Then I tried "pssh". Beware, it froze my Pre. I had to remove the battery to reset it. Quickly deleted that program from Classic.

    At least the Filez program included in the package doesn't cause the "not Classic certified" error message to appear anymore. Wiseman is nice as are YAUC (unit converter) and Palm VNC. NVBackup freeware is included, but I already have Northglide programs (NG Undo, Onguard Backup, and Uninstall Manager) which work nicely by the way.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions