1.    #1  
    I love the fact that apps are beginning to appear in the app catalog. But I am wondering if there is any way to view the App Catalog online. I believe it would be easier to navigate around using my PC. The online version of the App Catalog could have you sign in, you could browse around and mark Apps you want, then going to the App Catalog on your phone, it would show you your qued apps and give you the option of paying/downloading/installing.

Is there anything out there like this?
  2.    #2  
    Well, I sort of answered part of my own question. Palm has a software store, but the WebOS devices are not listed!

Does anyone know if they plan to incorporate the App Store here?
    No. You cannot and probably will not be able to view the App Catalog online. I am sure that Palm will eventually have a favorites page, or most downloaded page, but you will not see every App online ever.
  4.    #4  
    This just doesn't make sense to me. "Other" companies have a program just for this thing. I don't want to name names. ;-)
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    I was coming here to post almost the same exact question.

The only thing that I have found is at palm-dot-preapplications-dot-net (sorry, but I can't post links yet) - but the navigation through this site must have been designed by a 6 year old; it's absolutely horrible. It makes me WANT to browse through everything on a Pre instead of a PC. On the plus side, it has great pictures of all the apps and contains great summaries.

...But I just thought for SURE that somebody would have at least created a better organized list of all of the available applications. No?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    This just doesn't make sense to me. "Other" companies have a program just for this thing. I don't want to name names. ;-)
    You didn't say program...

Palm may create a program, but since everything Palm is doing is OTA, I don't expect anything in the future.
    I find the "on phone" store to be very simple to use. Good search, sensible categories and easy to read. I'm not sure how a web version of the store would be any better or more convenient.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/06/2009 at 11:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I find the on-line store to be very simple to use. Good search, sensible categories and easy to read. I'm not sure how a web version of the store would be any better or more convenient.
    By "online" do you mean the one that you access through the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    By "online" do you mean the one that you access through the phone?
    Yes...sorry that may have been unclear...changed it.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Does seem that it could get harder to navigate if it grows significantly.