Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Hi, MotionApps (it's me again)

Where can we find the changelog for 2.0, and maybe, some documentation?

(even a couple of pages, what's available through the help menu is not what I want...)

Thanks,
    -JerryG

EDIT: Compiling found changes here:

1) Go to full screen on the Classic menu (swipe down)

2) Start a non-Classic Certified app, and you get a dialog box w/OK button, instead of a nag every time you start the program

3) Link to download free apps

4) Dedicated keyboard to virtual button mapping switch button / moved global find to the menu

5) Keyboard to virtual button mapping via touch & hold on gesture area
    Last edited by JerryG; 10/06/2009 at 07:44 AM.
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I did find the Full screen feature, I like that!

Square D-pad? (ain't I a nag?)

Thanks,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Non-certified warning screen on starting an NCC program for the first time.

Dedicated keyboard switch button / move global find to the menu

(found the free apps real early)

Nice! Thanks!

-JerryG

PS - still lookin' for that changelog...
    It also has an install free apps page. Did you notice that? It take you to Soduku, eReader, etc.

MobiPocket doesn't allow you to use the full screen. I'm going to reinstall eReader since it's certified to see if I get a full screen. If I do, I'm changing my reading source.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    It also has an install free apps page. Did you notice that? It take you to Soduku, eReader, etc.

MobiPocket doesn't allow you to use the full screen. I'm going to reinstall eReader since it's certified to see if I get a full screen. If I do, I'm changing my reading source.
    Hi. Yes, I noted the free apps in the post above yours (in parens).

I have eReader 3.0.0fp installed, and it does full screen.

Cheers,
    -JerryG

PS - think I'll consolidate into the first post...
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post

(even a couple of pages, what's available through the help menu is not what I want...)

Thanks,
    -JerryG

2) Start a non-Classic Certified app, and you get a dialog box w/OK button, instead of a nag every time you start the program

4) Dedicated keyboard to virtual button mapping switch button / moved global find to the menu

I download/updated Classic 2.0 but am I misinterpreting the the "full screen" function? All is does (atleast on my Pre) is slightly moves up to hide the top to the Pre screen the shows the signal & battery icon. Is that all that you're seeing....or is the virtual buttons suppose to collaspe?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharper View Post
    I download/updated Classic 2.0 but am I misinterpreting the the "full screen" function? All is does (atleast on my Pre) is slightly moves up to hide the top to the Pre screen the shows the signal & battery icon. Is that all that you're seeing....or is the virtual buttons suppose to collaspe?
    No, it doesn't transform into a TX...

Just covers the top bar, and any notifications in the dashboard. You got it.

-JerryG

Thanks,
    -JerryG

Hey JerryG!

We published detailed info on our website at Classic for webOS - Technical Specifications - MotionApps although you were faster regarding the features you discovered and reported back. Thanks! For spoiling the surprises! (joke)

Also, our whole website is updated in accordance with v2.0 release, so we hope it will be a good read.

Regarding full screen – it does not transform into TX, nor can we do that, because we are emulating Centro (including the resolution). Basically, we cannot technically implement this kind of full screen.

And BTW, we love you coming by and posting, we missed you yesterday
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    No, it doesn't transform into a TX...

Just covers the top bar, and any notifications in the dashboard. You got it.

-JerryG
    If your looking @ free apps it'll give you a full screen. Maybe it has full screen for websites?
    Am I the only one annoyed by the new screen that tells you you're running an app that's not Classic certified? I've run this app hundreds of times and I already know that it works OK anyway!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Am I the only one annoyed by the new screen that tells you you're running an app that's not Classic certified? I've run this app hundreds of times and I already know that it works OK anyway!
    I'm only seeing this the first time I run the app (since updating to 2.0). You're seeing it every time?

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    Hey JerryG!

We published detailed info on our website at Classic for webOS - Technical Specifications - MotionApps although you were faster regarding the features you discovered and reported back. Thanks! For spoiling the surprises! (joke)

Also, our whole website is updated in accordance with v2.0 release, so we hope it will be a good read.

Regarding full screen – it does not transform into TX, nor can we do that, because we are emulating Centro (including the resolution). Basically, we cannot technically implement this kind of full screen.

And BTW, we love you coming by and posting, we missed you yesterday
    Thanks much for the URL. I do enjoy a good spoiler every now and then!
    Though not for a good movie. I'll check out the update site!

Funny, I KNOW I posted yesterday...

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Thanks much for the URL. I do enjoy a good spoiler every now and then!
    Though not for a good movie. I'll check out the update site!

Funny, I KNOW I posted yesterday...

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Sure – and if you have more geeky questions, post it here, drop us a PM or submit a ticket to our support team and we’ll do our best to respond with all we can share.

And yes, you did post yesterday, but you spoiled us, so anything below 5 posts/day does not do it anymore. LOL

Have a nice day guys!
    Follow us on Twitter

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    Sure – and if you have more geeky questions, post it here, drop us a PM or submit a ticket to our support team and we’ll do our best to respond with all we can share.

And yes, you did post yesterday, but you spoiled us, so anything below 5 posts/day does not do it anymore. LOL

Have a nice day guys!
    Ya know, it's Real Strange when someone else wants you to inflate your post count... LOL

Geeky question - IS it possible to cut/copy/paste between Palm apps in Classic, and WebOS apps? I've never been able to do this, but another member here says they can.

Thanks,
    -JerryG
    I'm only seeing this the first time I run the app (since updating to 2.0). You're seeing it every time?

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Sorry, yes you're right, it only appears once. I guess that's better than the old notification that appeared every time at the bottom of the screen.
    No you're not alone. That screen flat out ****es me off. It almost feels like a misguided attempt by MotionApps to get users to badger PalmOS application developers to sign up for their certification program. And that's just not cool.
    Sorry, yes you're right, it only appears once. I guess that's better than the old notification that appeared every time at the bottom of the screen.
    No it's worse. At least the old notification went away after a couple of seconds. This new one flat out stops you in your tracks and forces you to click a button before you use your app. Who designed this monstrosity? The guy who did that stupid "deny or allow" screen for Windows Vista?
    Ya know, it's Real Strange when someone else wants you to inflate your post count... LOL

Geeky question - IS it possible to cut/copy/paste between Palm apps in Classic, and WebOS apps? I've never been able to do this, but another member here says they can.

Thanks,
    -JerryG
    I've never been able to do this and it's one of the most annoying things about Classic.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthRepublican View Post
    No it's worse. At least the old notification went away after a couple of seconds. This new one flat out stops you in your tracks and forces you to click a button before you use your app. Who designed this monstrosity? The guy who did that stupid "deny or allow" screen for Windows Vista?
    Please look at posts #10 and #15... you should only see that the first time you run the application.

Regards,
    -JerryG
    @JerryG: we replied to geeky question within “dedicated” thread at http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...49#post1956949

@DarthRepublican: regarding copy/paste, our response is at this same link http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...49#post1956949
    Regarding notifications, do you still see them each time you start (the same) app or only first time you run them? The intended behavior is to see it once only (at first start) and then never see it again for that same app.
    If this is not the case, it is possible that the transition to v2.0 has not been finished yet, but as soon as it is completed, you will not experience the “monstrosity”. That is not the kind of user experience we want for our users, and the new notifications were a way to avoid those few seconds on each start-up of the same application.
    Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast