Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 59 of 59
  1. #41  
    my Classic has been freezing too much lately... my Drugview app (native webos app fr palmdoc) beat my epocrates to the punch today, despite being on a 1xRTT data network.
  2. #42  
    I don't know what happened, but I got epocrates to install correctly on classic. After a hard reset, I attempted installing, but Classic crahsed with the <autoupdate> error. After closing Classic, there's an epocrates icon on the home screen that can be used to attempt installation again. I attempted again, and I noticed it got through much of the autoupdate portion of the setup before crashing. Usually it would crash maybe halfway through. A third time, I attempted to install, and this time it worked. I totally don't understand what happened, but I'm happy and I won't even attempt installing any of the free classic 2.0 apps until the fix occurs. The installation attempts all occurred with the pre in airplane mode with wifi on.
  3. #43  
    Is it true that you cannot install epocrates using a Vista x64 pc? What about Win 7 x64? Is there a way around this? Thanks.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    I don't know what happened, but I got epocrates to install correctly on classic. After a hard reset, I attempted installing, but Classic crahsed with the <autoupdate> error. After closing Classic, there's an epocrates icon on the home screen that can be used to attempt installation again. I attempted again, and I noticed it got through much of the autoupdate portion of the setup before crashing. Usually it would crash maybe halfway through. A third time, I attempted to install, and this time it worked. I totally don't understand what happened, but I'm happy and I won't even attempt installing any of the free classic 2.0 apps until the fix occurs. The installation attempts all occurred with the pre in airplane mode with wifi on.
    I have lost count the number of times I have tried to install this program with every permutation of airplane on/off and WiFi on or off. I have yet to get an install that does not simply freeze in the update phase or crash Classic. I am well beyond my self imposed 7 day window to dump this platform and move to something more stable. And to think that my old Treo 750 worked well. It proves the old saying that if it is not broken why fix it. It also brings to my mind the thought that I perhaps had more money than brains to upgrade to this platform.

    I am curious from the Motion App monitor in this room where we are with the install issues from your friends at Epocrates? It has been a while since we have heard from you. I am curious about a time frame in particular. Are we two weeks away from a fix or are we waiting on the next iteration of WebOS?? Personally, I am loosing patience with the platform quickly and the Classic crashing more and more is even more unnerving.

    Kind regards,

    Jim
  5. #45  
    We'll try to get a more definite timeframe on this by sometime early next week - we're really sorry about this and understand the frustration.
    Follow us on Twitter

    Hang out with us on Facebook

    Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    We'll try to get a more definite timeframe on this by sometime early next week - we're really sorry about this and understand the frustration.
    Thanks for replying! I only wish that I had not been so quick to sell my Treo 750. Now I have no backup solution. I envy the users here who saved their old Treo phones or Palm devices as a fall back. I must admit that I was an early adopter of the Pre and was hot to see the ability to have a true Hot Sync platform once again. Now I wonder about the cost of this move?

    Yesterday I read that Epocrates has over 100,000 followers on the IPhone making it the most used medical application for that platform. I am curious how this compared to the number of users for the Treo platform when it was at its peak. I am sure that this Classic/Epoctates interaction will cost the Pre medical community dearly. I alreadly know of two colleagues within the city who have dumped the Pre because of this. My hope is that you will have a fix for it soon.

    Regards,

    Jim
  7. #47  
    Looks like real world testing of the beta for WebOS ePocrates will be happening very soon--this month. I'm hoping to be a tester.
  8. #48  
    We’ve provided everything needed from our side to Epocrates crew and are now waiting for their feedback – I know we promised ETA on this, but still do not have it confirmed.

    As soon as we have definite ETA, we will let you know.
    Follow us on Twitter

    Hang out with us on Facebook

    Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  9. #49  
    Latest update on native WebOS ePocrates: Testing has been pushed out by a week. Need to wait a bit longer.
  10. #50  
    Update on native WebOS ePocrates: Testing pushed out by yet another week to the 1st week of December.
  11. #51  
    update on our work with Epocrates on the issue caused by the latest update: it might take a while o get to the bottom of this.


    but we're on it.
    Last edited by Classic by MotionApps; 11/12/2009 at 04:24 AM. Reason: emulating proper spelling
    Follow us on Twitter

    Hang out with us on Facebook

    Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorzeph View Post
    Update on native WebOS ePocrates: Testing pushed out by yet another week to the 1st week of December.
    No guess, I suppose, as to how much longer after that it will be available to "regular" users?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorzeph View Post
    Looks like real world testing of the beta for WebOS ePocrates will be happening very soon--this month. I'm hoping to be a tester.
    How does one get to be a beta tester?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  14. #54  
    I contacted them via email. I think a rep from ePocrates was involved in one of these threads. Anyway, they are currently looking for users in the Bay Area of California.
  15. #55  
    I sure hope Palm hasn't forgotten the user base of health care workers in its future plans. AT&T just sent out a flyer advertising the various medical apps for the iPhone. Makes the iPhone definitely seem more compelling for physicians like myself. Keeping my fingers crossed that with time Palm will re-establish itself as a leader in devices for the medical community. WebOS ePocrates provides a glimmer of hope--it can't come soon enough.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    update on our work with Epocrates on the issue caused by the latest update: it might take a while o get to the bottom of this.


    but we're on it.
    Well, I have waited weeks beyond my drop dead date for walking away from Sprint and this pretty well sealed my decision for me. I have no other device to fall back on and I simply cannot be without the utility of Epocrates.

    It makes no sense to me to bitterly complain about this situation. The WebOS is a complex and new OS and I should have suspected that there would be problems. I was just so encouraged by the Classic environment before 2.0. It is unfortunate that the application is tied so closely to updates of the Palm Pre firmware. I would give anything to be able to go backward to the previous version of Classic. Given that I cannot I feel that I must move on. I just do not have the time to be a beta tester for Palm.

    I wish there were another way to do this but.......time to say good bye.

    Regards,

    Jim
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCJ View Post
    Well, I have waited weeks beyond my drop dead date for walking away from Sprint and this pretty well sealed my decision for me. I have no other device to fall back on and I simply cannot be without the utility of Epocrates.

    It makes no sense to me to bitterly complain about this situation. The WebOS is a complex and new OS and I should have suspected that there would be problems. I was just so encouraged by the Classic environment before 2.0. It is unfortunate that the application is tied so closely to updates of the Palm Pre firmware. I would give anything to be able to go backward to the previous version of Classic. Given that I cannot I feel that I must move on. I just do not have the time to be a beta tester for Palm.

    I wish there were another way to do this but.......time to say good bye.

    Regards,

    Jim

    Very sorry to hear this. MotionApps alone is rather helpless in this situation, but not to brag about it...we're really sorry to hear you go.
    Follow us on Twitter

    Hang out with us on Facebook

    Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  18. #58  
    Thanks,

    I clearly realize that you are in a rather unfortunate situation of being tied to OS updates. The problem, as you have gathered from forum input here, is that many medical professionals consider their smart phones as integral to the practice of medicine as their stethoscope.

    Considering the huge focus by the Joint Commission for Accreditation of Hospital regarding error reduction in patient care, the use of an electronic do-all device such as the the Palm Pre becomes crucial. I became addicted to the convenience of Point of Care access to data at the bedside because of the huge library of convenient Palm applications tailored to my needs. I was delighted when the Classic Environment became available and I could load up with all my previous applications and continue my practice. Now that I have spent several weeks without a functional Classic environment for medical applications, I am more convinced than ever that there must be a fall back position for Classic users when things go wrong like this.

    For medical users, the loss of functionality of this environment is not just intolerable but frankly dangerous. All of us have become accustomed to the convenience of in-hand data and have 'forgotten" how cumbersome it was to look things up the old way. Loosing this ability, for some, means carrying an older device in addition to the phone. In my circumstance, I have no second device and abhor the thought of buying an older Palm system to be functional again. It makes no sense to me.

    I will be interested in following the progress here with the Pre. Tomorrow I go to Sprint and will pay my early termination fee then off to AT & T for an IPhone. Wish this had not happened. Love this forum and all the contributors here.

    Regards,

    Jim
  19. #59  
    Sorry to see you go Jim, but I understand.

    As for me, I do still have my old Palm T/X that I'm able to use as a backup. I was hoping to be able to ditch it altogether some time ago, but these issues with ePocrates have prevented that. As I have an office-based practice, I can keep my devices on my desk rather than in a coat pocket so using the T/X from time to time is not a cumbersome (but definitely not ideal). I sure wish Palm/Sprint would make more of an effort to appeal to the medical community. AT&T recently sent me a postcard advertisement clearly directed at physicians listing the medical apps available for the iPhone -- including ePocrates. AT&T seems to get it that medical professionals are significant smartphone users. I'm a bit envious of my wife's ePocrates for her iPhone 3GS but not of the terrible AT&T reception, customer service, and fee structure.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions