Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  

Presents...

_.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-

The long awaited Card Ace by Self Aware Games has finally arrived, and, conveniently, is priced at 0$ just like it's brother Word Ace. Keeping the sleek look of Word Ace, Card Ace is what Pre owners have been waiting for; a fully functional, online texas hold 'em poker game!

- Overview - The app takes the simplicity of any texas hold 'em game and makes it superb by adding amazing visuals and key features such as online play, the ability to link your Word Ace profile, achievements, and more. From the splash screen, there are buttons for
    - Play Now - starts an online game with the highest buy in value currently affordable by your chip count
    - Select Table - Lets you select your buy in value or create a private table for friend play
    - Practice Mode - pits you with 4000 chips that are not your own against computer players for some extra practice
    - Profile - Views your current profile with pictures, history, and trophies
    - Friends - See your current online and offline friends, as well as your unique friend code
    - Settings - Settings page with vibration and music settings
    - Spread the Word - Opens an email to help you spread the word about Card Ace
    - How To - A guide on how to play Card Ace
    - Chips & More - View your current chip count as well as buy new chips (coming soon!)

- Details - The overall profile tracking of Card Ace is superb and maintains the quality that is now expected from Self Aware Games. Oh, and did I mention the new stylish music and notification when its your turn? Yah, the phone now vibrates when its your turn so you no longer accidently fold because you were typing a text message and forgot to switch back in enough time. This feature is great to have and will surely save time to any fellow multi-tasker

- Overview of Features -
    - Online play
    - 9 person tables!
    - Integrated game lobby and chat room (chat while you play)
    - Achievements that will have you coming back
    - Nice progress tracking
    - Beautifully sleek look
    - Customizable icons based on your mood (default, positive, and negative). Just swipe the default during play for pos/neg change
    - Linked Word Ace profile

Heres a picture of the notification system

- Issues/Suggestions -

-The betting system seems to have issues. When raising the minimum value allowed, it seems to be random and not the selected value (ex. at a 20k table, the minimum bet is 1000, and sometimes when selected, it will raise 2000, or more even. Ive had it go to 4000)

-When linking my Word Ace profile, my 'sad' picture didn't come

-When viewing peoples mini-profiles while playing a game, it seems that their sad icon is always shown no matter what icon is currently showing for them.

-Occasionally upon entering a game, my icon was stuck on sad, and If i tried to swipe it up, it would go to happy for a second or two then go back to sad and stay there
    Last edited by Mononoko; 10/07/2009 at 05:29 PM.
    Great game! I wonder if we will be able to play against iPhone users?....Nah, let them wait
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    Great game! I wonder if we will be able to play against iPhone users?....Nah, let them wait
    You will be able to, once Card Ace goes live on the iPhone, but you'll have about a month of lead time on 'em.

seppo
    Yes!

Go selfawaregames!

Shaping up to be one of the premier developer studios for webOS! The art direction, performance, and features of your Word Ace and Card Ace have been fantastic.

Hopefully your business model works, and excited for all your future releases!
    How do i download it if the AppCatalog says i have no more room for apps even though i have 4Gb empty still? It isnt listed in PreWare or FileCoaster (although i think the max apps limit would stop FileCoaster anyway)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BS Mann View Post
    How do i download it if the AppCatalog says i have no more room for apps even though i have 4Gb empty still? It isnt listed in PreWare or FileCoaster (although i think the max apps limit would stop FileCoaster anyway)
    You need to delete some hombrew apps before install. You can reinstall then after you get Card Ace because Preware bypasses this app limit, but for now, there is a maximum number of storage apps can have on your phone, and it looks like you've exceeded it. Apps from the app catalog will recognize this and not install.
    Starting Word Ace up on my Pre while playing at a Card Ace table in that app leads to... interesting behavior. I figured they would use the same server back-end but was a bit surprised that the Word Ace client started taking over my Card Ace session (with glitchy graphics due to missing elements, of course.)

Unfortunately it seems you can't play both at the same time...
    ...duplicate post...
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    Starting Word Ace up on my Pre while playing at a Card Ace table in that app leads to... interesting behavior. I figured they would use the same server back-end but was a bit surprised that the Word Ace client started taking over my Card Ace session (with glitchy graphics due to missing elements, of course.)

Unfortunately it seems you can't play both at the same time...
    Hrm. Looking into it now. That's *really* strange.

Obviously, I'd recommend (at least for now) not multitasking these particular apps until we get this resolved. The graphical glitchiness is really, really odd, and has never showed up before.

We'll get it worked out ASAP.

Thanks.
    seppo

ps: If you do get one of the apps permanently jacked up somehow, deleting and reinstalling will fix things, and your profile info will not be deleted.
    Last edited by selfawaregames; 10/06/2009 at 01:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Great job on this app so far, I was hoping this would be released eventually. I've grown to love Word Ace but I'm a Hold 'Em player at heart. Played a few rounds tonight and did well, keep up the good work and making quality games.
    Quote Originally Posted by punzada View Post
    Great job on this app so far, I was hoping this would be released eventually. I've grown to love Word Ace but I'm a Hold 'Em player at heart. Played a few rounds tonight and did well, keep up the good work and making quality games.
    Thanks! We're really glad it's finally out! Glad to hear you're enjoying Word Ace, but also happy that you've got what you want in Card Ace.

As a bit of an aside, it looks like we're finally rolling out chip purchasing (on both Card Ace & Word Ace) tomorrow. One of the weirder things is that the chip count, as you probably know by now, crosses over between games. So that means that anything you purchase for one will carry over to the other as well. And if you don't purchase anything, you should make sure you get both games (and log on to both daily) to get your 1K free chips *in both games*.

Yeah - so if you have Card Ace OR Word Ace, and the 1K chip bonus isn't enough for you... grab the other game, and just use it as a daily chip generator! Or play both!

Do whatever you want! Woo!
    (still a little giddy from the launch)

Also, anyone else see this: webOSdev - Palm ?

Who's that ***** jabbering towards the end of the video? What a tool!

seppo
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by selfawaregames View Post
    As a bit of an aside, it looks like we're finally rolling out chip purchasing (on both Card Ace & Word Ace) tomorrow. One of the weirder things is that the chip count, as you probably know by now, crosses over between games. So that means that anything you purchase for one will carry over to the other as well. And if you don't purchase anything, you should make sure you get both games (and log on to both daily) to get your 1K free chips *in both games*.

Yeah - so if you have Card Ace OR Word Ace, and the 1K chip bonus isn't enough for you... grab the other game, and just use it as a daily chip generator! Or play both!
    I can only get 1k free chips once daily. If I get it from Word Ace I can't get it from Card Ace.

Other than that, it's cool that the chip count comes over, as I have 20k from Word Ace. I love Card Ace even more!

Are there plans for a Card Ace Facebook app like the Word Ace one? Like the ability to import my profile on that app too.

Loving my Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by jgs9455 View Post
    I can only get 1k free chips once daily. If I get it from Word Ace I can't get it from Card Ace.

Other than that, it's cool that the chip count comes over, I had 20k from Word Ace. I love the Card Ace even more!

Are there plans for a Card Ace Facebook app like the Word Ace one?

Loving my Pre!
    Glargh! I'm an *****. Turns out that yeah, you only get 1K, even if you have both games. We'll be working to change that up, though - we want you to have more chips if you have both games.

seppo
    Quote Originally Posted by jgs9455 View Post
    Are there plans for a Card Ace Facebook app like the Word Ace one? Like the ability to import my profile on that app too.
    Yeah, we're working on it. Will be a month or so, but we're working on it.

seppo
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mononoko View Post
    You need to delete some hombrew apps before install. You can reinstall then after you get Card Ace because Preware bypasses this app limit, but for now, there is a maximum number of storage apps can have on your phone, and it looks like you've exceeded it. Apps from the app catalog will recognize this and not install.
    You need to delete some applications period, does not only apply to homebrew.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mononoko View Post
    When viewing peoples mini-profiles while playing a game, it seems that their sad icon is always shown no matter what icon is currently showing for them.
    I have this issue as well, I only see sad faces on other users profiles.
    Fantastic game! Great job guys.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I love this game. Some suggestions to help improve game play.

1. Allow for auto actions. I.e I get dealt 72off and I want to fold. I don't need to wait for my turn to decide that. Allow me to click a check box so when it gets to me, it will fold. It will really speed up the game play.

2. Allow us to use the keyboard to check, bet, fold, raise. This too will make it easier and faster for people to play.

3. Make it both portrait and landscape. I normally see most poker tables in landscape mode so it would be nice to have that as well.

4. Get ride of the little [x] to close the window or pop-up. We should be able to click anywhere on the screen to close that or tap the box and close it. It can be hard to hit the [x].

5. Have the awards pop up on top, not the bottom. They hide the hole cards and it took me a few seconds to figure out how to get ride of them.

You guys are doing a great job and I hope to see this really become a success. Oh, and if you need any help with designing a table, let me know because I would love to help. Thanks.

Jacob
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Kudos. Played around with it the night it came out. Everyone kept leaving my table because I kept winning all their money.

+1 to the landscape suggestion, btw....
    Awesome! Can't wait to try this, thanks so much for supporting webOS!
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast