Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Woo! Blackjack is out! Free! Go check it out!
    seppo
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by selfawaregames View Post
    Woo! Blackjack is out! Free! Go check it out!
    seppo
    With Blackjack, will there be a way to link an existing WebOS account with an iPhone/iPod Touch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mononoko View Post
    The betting system seems to have issues. When raising the minimum value allowed, it seems to be random and not the selected value (ex. at a 20k table, the minimum bet is 1000, and sometimes when selected, it will raise 2000, or more even. Ive had it go to 4000)
    This same thing happens to me, and I can't see any pattern to it. The minimum bet is simply random, as far as I can tell.

Other than that, it's a fantastic game. I'd buy you a nice single-malt as a gift, but that doesn't seem to be one of the options available....

Cheers,

- Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketRick View Post
    This same thing happens to me, and I can't see any pattern to it. The minimum bet is simply random, as far as I can tell.

Other than that, it's a fantastic game. I'd buy you a nice single-malt as a gift, but that doesn't seem to be one of the options available....

Cheers,

- Rick
    So, we've heard reports of this from people, but so far, haven't been able to replicate it. We're still trying to get to the bottom of things, though, so if we can find the problem, we'll definitely get it fixed ASAP.

seppo
    I've also had my bets "jumping" from what I actually seem to be selecting from the wheel. Not a huge a issue for a non-hardcore player like myself, but a little annoying, and perhaps even frustrating for others.
    Been wanting to learn how to play some Texas hold em, now I have no excuse. I guess I'll give it a try.
    cool
    my biggest problems with card ace'

way too many flushes and straigjts. Something wacked in the algorythm.

playing online takes more battery than ANY other activity on the Pre. Massive drain, 15% per hour or more.

I've seen two people tie, but one declared a winner, presumably based on a 6th card. For example, winning hand is all 5 community cards. No way tat shouldn't be a tie...
    When losing after going all in, it used to give the option of buying back in or leaving the table. Now the game just kinda stalls, and you have to backswipe to leave the table, without the option of buying back in. Anyone else having this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by xfrdxdvoko View Post
    When losing after going all in, it used to give the option of buying back in or leaving the table. Now the game just kinda stalls, and you have to backswipe to leave the table, without the option of buying back in. Anyone else having this problem?
    Was a temporary bug in the server stuff. Should be fixed.

Thanks!
    seppo
    Also! New releases are incoming! Sound, finally! Shortly thereafter... a bunch of new features, and one long-requested revision - a new end-of-hand card reveal.

I know it seems weird, but the original Card Ace end-of-hand reveal (where only the winner is shown) is the more conservative interpretation of standard Hold 'Em rules. But a lot of players want to see the cards of people who are still in at the end of the hand, and we think that makes more sense, too. So coming very soon will be a revision of the game that changes that.

seppo
    Was a temporary bug in the server stuff. Should be fixed.

Thanks!
    seppo
    Yeah, it's not doing it anymore. Nice job.
    Big change - going live in a few minutes, we're changing the way that cards are revealed at the end of the hand. (see two posts above.)

w00t!
    seppo
    How about adding more trophies? Also, is there a list of the blast trophies?
    I recently had to change to a new pre phone and was wondering how do I import my profile to my phone? There doesn't seem to be a way to import or login on my phone. Do I really have to start from the very beginning again with Level 1?
    another great social game, just watch out for people's uncensored pictures!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

playing online takes more battery than ANY other activity on the Pre. Massive drain, 15% per hour or more.

I've seen two people tie, but one declared a winner, presumably based on a 6th card. For example, winning hand is all 5 community cards. No way tat shouldn't be a tie...
    ummmmmmmmm.... playing online over the sprint network, constant communication with the server, running it's own code.... yes it takes 15% more lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

I can guarantee you that the deal's all done straight, and there's nothing whacked in the algorithm. Play enough hands, and you'll hit some flushes & straights.

re: battery drain - we optimize as much as we can, but the simple fact of the matter is that with a networked game, the constant communication consumes a lot of juice. We've been able to get power consumption down from the first versions of the game, but there's not much else to optimize at this point.

re: end of hands - hands are evaluated based on the 5 cards in play, and no sixth (or seventh) cards are taken into consideration. If you ever find an example of a hand you believe to be evaluating incorrectly, just note the time & send it with your Friend Code (go to Friends -> Find New Friend, and send the code there) to our support e-mail. I'll be happy to look into it, but so far, short of a display bug that was introduced by an earlier version of webOS, and was fixed quickly, we haven't had any verifiable evaluation bugs. Every single one so far has been a result of someone either misunderstanding the rules of poker, misreading the hand (mistaking a spade for a club, for instance), or not realizing that it was a split pot or what have you.

I'm *always* happy to check out a questionable situation, though, because obviously, if there's a problem, we want to solve it as fast as possible. Just saying that so far, we've had a couple million hands played, and no systematic problems yet.

Cheers!
    seppo
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketRick View Post

Cheers,

- Rick
    So, we've heard reports of this from people, but so far, haven't been able to replicate it. We're still trying to get to the bottom of things, though, so if we can find the problem, we'll definitely get it fixed ASAP.

seppo
    When I'm playing at the 100K tables, the blinds are 2500 and 5000. If I raise, the minimum on the wheel is 5000 (one big blind, which is correct, as far as I know), but the actual bet made when I select 5000 is anywhere from 7500 to 15000, and seems to depend on how many other people are still in the hand.

It always happens to me, so I'm not sure why you're having trouble reproducing it. I'll be happy to help in any way that I can to reproduce it.

I'm currently using Card Ace v1.3.1 on the Palm Pre, and my friend code is 269152, if that helps.

Thanks!

- Rick
    Thanks for the detailed info. Can't explain why we haven't been able to repro the problem, but hopefully, we'll be able to get to the bottom of it soon. We're looking into it, and when we know more, I'll let you know.

Thanks!
    seppo
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast