Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
    1.1.3 is not showing up in the app catalog...
    Unfortunately, 1.1.3 didn't fix the problem, so it got yanked. We've got 1.1.4 in the pipe, now - Palm's engineers tell us it should fix the Queen issue in Card Ace, while they work to fix the underlying thing that caused the problem to occur in the first place.

Should be live as soon as humanly possible. Thanks for your patience with this issue - I know it's incredibly frustrating for the players it affects, and believe me, we share your frustrations 100%. I'll post here the moment the update is live...

Thanks!
    seppo
    Alright. For real, this time (at least from the looks of it), the new 1.1.3 should fix any problems anyone's had with the game. Please download it. If you encounter any issues whatsoever, please send an e-mail to support. But from what we've heard from the people we've been working with to track down this bug, and the people who've previously e-mailed us with reports of the bug this *does* do the trick.

Thanks so much for your patience!
    seppo
    what is this new thing we see in profile, our linkid that we should keep secret??
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Was playing fine today, got kicked from a table for inactivity. When I rejoined all hole & community cards were invisible. Restarted app, still occurs. I'll try to reboot phone...

edit: reboot fixed. weird....
    Last edited by lideadhead; 01/20/2010 at 11:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lideadhead View Post
    Was playing fine today, got kicked from a table for inactivity. When I rejoined all hole & community cards were invisible. Restarted app, still occurs. I'll try to reboot phone...

edit: reboot fixed. weird....
    Had a server glitch last night that got fixed in the morning. Everything should be fine, and it shouldn't ever happen again.

Thanks!
    seppo
    I'm having pretty bad performance problems with the game. Chatting at the table, I don't think I'm alone. I'm reasonably certain this isn't local to my networks because it happens on Sprint (but, I mean it's cellular, so who cares) on my AT&T U-Verse vDSL, on the OC3 at work, and on public wifi at various locations.

Basically, the game plays great for many hands in a row and then: *BAM* a request gets lost. It seems to take 2 minutes or so for prototype.jsjsjs $to$ $deal$ $with$ $the$ $request$ $timeout$ $and$ $by$ $then$ $you$'$ve$ $lost$ $the$ $current$ $hand$ $and$ $folded$ $the$ $next$ $one$. $Then$ $you$ $can$ $play$ $normally$ $again$ $until$ $it$ $happens$ $again$, $probably$ $5$ $or$ $20$ $hands$ $later$.

I couldn't begin to guess if this is lag on webos or on the card ace servers or what, but it's most definitely not the local network because it happens no matter where I am.

Someone on my last table suggested I clear my cookies, but I don't really have that many (since I don't browse on the phone very often) and I fail to see how this would help with the odd (that is, rare) lost AJAX request every once in a while.

Anyway, I've won hands and I've lost hands due to the problem. It's hard enough to calculate the odds in poker without having to think about the odds of losing your "connection" temporarily.

Frustrating.

EDIT: Oh, also, I don't really know the requests are getting lost. It's not like it's giving me feedback on the request status. For all I know there's a 400/500 status response. But since it takes like 2 minutes to get going again, it sure feels like the AJAX (or comet or whatever) is getting restarted in a timeout handler.
    Last edited by spottedkangaroo; 01/24/2010 at 07:16 AM. Reason: further thoughts
    Hey, spottedkangaroo - thanks so much for the detailed feedback. We've been trying to track this down for a little while, and it looks like this evening, we may have finally gotten to the bottom of it. Performance *should* be substantially better starting now, but we'll see over the course of the next few days. Basically exactly the behavior you described, but a different cause at the heart of the matter. We'll see if the changes made fix it, but fingers crossed!

Thanks!
    seppo
    I'm sure this has already been suggested but how about TOURNEMENTS!?

also, you guys should really speed up gameplay. Each hand takes way too long to play out. When I say speed up game play, I mean speed up the timer each user has to decide what they wanna do
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Igbinoba
    you guys should really speed up gameplay. Each hand takes way too long to play out. When I say speed up game play, I mean speed up the timer each user has to decide what they wanna do.
    I agree 100%!! WAY too long as it is!
    Quote Originally Posted by selfawaregames View Post
    Performance *should* be substantially better starting now, but we'll see over the course of the next few days.
    My sample space is quite small, but it actually seems worse since you posted this. I'm barely finishing one out of three hands it seems like, although I tend to get mad and close the card when it happens now.

The game is wonderful, so I'm excited about a fix. I'm confident you'll get it.
    Great game, have had a few slow network popups, but still could play. Haven't seen the crashing too much. As far as slow play, the changes you made have helped, but I believe its due to people decided to fold and not hitting the FOLD button. They just do nothing and let it time out. Oh well, fun to play most of the time, except for the "I just got my 1,000 points, didn't cost me a thing, I don't have much time and I'm going nuts with the bets people." Oh well.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    Great game, have had a few slow network popups, but still could play. Haven't seen the crashing too much. As far as slow play, the changes you made have helped, but I believe its due to people decided to fold and not hitting the FOLD button. They just do nothing and let it time out. Oh well, fun to play most of the time, except for the "I just got my 1,000 points, didn't cost me a thing, I don't have much time and I'm going nuts with the bets people." Oh well.
    Actually, we're working towards speed tables with generally shorter timers, too. The main issue is that on mobile devices, some of the time is there to simply account for the speed of the network. But for devices that can support it, we'll be rolling out speed tables in a (relatively) near update.

seppo
    Seppo,

I downloaded this the other day and finally got around to playing it earlier today. I agree with the speed of the "timer". It really makes you want to fall asleep during the game.

I see that you added a facebook interface today. I couldn't find any way to link my pre to my facebook account. It would be nice if this was an option so that either way I played it would count towards the same account. I am guessing that this is what the "secret code" in your profile will be for.

Other than those two things, the only thing I have noticed is that there have been a couple of times that I have left a table and the game then come back later and see that the total amount of money I have available is less than when I left. I'll try to see what exactly causes it if it happens again.

Thanks,

Mugg
    Mugg - just go to "Profile", select "Import Account", and follow the instructions. Should be pretty simple.

Cheers!
    seppo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugg View Post
    Seppo,

I downloaded this the other day and finally got around to playing it earlier today. I agree with the speed of the "timer". It really makes you want to fall asleep during the game.
    Haha, to be honest, I play this game almost every night before bed and its perfect for sending me right to sleep.

Don't worry, I love the game and play it in the afternoon as well (where it doesn't make me sleep), but after reading your post, I had to put in my anecdote.
    Thanks Seppo, that worked.

Two things that I have seen:

1. In the facebook app for card ace, there are quite a few places that say "word ace" instead of "card ace".

2. In both card ace and word ace for both facebook and the pre, it doesn't seem to remember your name even after you changed it in the profile.

Thanks,

Mugg
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugg View Post
    Thanks Seppo, that worked.

Two things that I have seen:

1. In the facebook app for card ace, there are quite a few places that say "word ace" instead of "card ace".

2. In both card ace and word ace for both facebook and the pre, it doesn't seem to remember your name even after you changed it in the profile.

Thanks,

Mugg
    Yeah, we're still finding weird little Word Ace bits and bobs in Card Ace - we'll get 'em all corrected eventually.

re: "remembering your name" - on the Pre, if you back out of the Profile page by back-swiping after entering your name, it should remember it properly. If you're on a much older version, there's some chance you need to "click off" the text field for it to register properly.

seppo
    Something new! Coming soon!!
    Quote Originally Posted by selfawaregames View Post
    Something new! Coming soon!!
    Sweet, can't wait!
    Hey, all - still waiting for Palm to push the new thing. In the meantime, I was wondering if I could simply ask you guys & gals for a favor. We've got a pair of users who are vocally complaining about the game in the App Catalog reviews. They're claiming the game is rigged, or that we've ripped them off in some way.

If you've played the game, I hope you know that it isn't rigged. I've spent hours going through the logs and verifying that things are a-ok, and their complaints are simply invalid. But when someone's combing the App Catalog, if the first thing they see is someone complaining the game is rigged, they're not going to download it, and Palm doesn't have a mechanism by which we can fight slander.

So I'm asking you - if you can take just a moment and leave an honest review of the game on the App Catalog, it'd help us out a lot. I'm *not* asking you to berate the people who are dogging the game, I'm not asking you to do anything dishonest or underhanded or anything of the sort. I'm simply asking that if you enjoy the game, if you can leave a review, we'd genuinely appreciate it.

Thanks!
    seppo
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast