Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyman View Post
    I have a few things maybe you might consider adding. How about an option to show your cards when you win and people fold, and also how about when people are all in then all the people involved in the hand their cards are shown so you can see if they are bluffing or trying to bully. Maybe an all in button would be nice to. other than that, i love this game. Thanks.

Showing your cards when you win is a big giveaway of your play style. It shoes if your a bluffer or not.

Seeing other people's cards when your folded could ruin it potentially by people folding and telling everyone else what the other people have. And its too impractical to mute the folders.

This feature is actually something that I would like to see. Sometimes it can get annoying scrolling all the way to all in.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    A+ on this app.....i play every day a bit
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    We're working on a some updates to Card Ace now to "speed up" the game - an All-In button is something we're looking at for sure.

Also, we're looking at implementing a "show hand" button that you can hit to show your cards if you want to.

We've got a 1.0.2 update in the pipe, which is a polish-focused release for Card Ace - we're just waiting on review from Palm. In the meantime, we're working on the first substantial updates to Card Ace (and Word Ace), that will add a couple new features, anti-cheating stuff (for Word Ace), in-game gifts, player ratings and the like.

seppo
    Quote Originally Posted by g0rey1 View Post
    chiming in here, have had this installed since it came out. love the game, hate the huge battery drain. but, i understand the screen is always on and it's transmitting & receiving constantly. just really sucks that you can't play for any extended period without having a cable around.

thanks for the hard work, and THANKS A MILLION for making it free.
    Yeah - it's definitely a battery hog, for exactly the reasons you've stated. With every release, we're hoping to optimize where we can, but it is just doing a lotta *stuff*, and that definitely eats battery.

If you like the game, tell your friends to download it! If your friends don't have a Pre, they can play on Facebook (Login | Facebook), and it's coming soon to the iPhone (it's been in review FOREVER! sheesh!).

Or if you're feeling generous, grab some chips from the Chips & More page. That's how we make money on the game, so every purchase goes to support Card Ace, future updates, and more games for webOS.

Thanks!
    seppo
    Card Ace is now out for the iPhone! So if you've got iPhone-owning friends, let 'em know!

Cheers!
    seppo
    Hi All,
    Can someone tell me what "XP" means in relation to Card Ace & Word Ace? I see it in the documentation and the game. I just can't figure out what it means!
    TIA!
    Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by trwalters001 View Post
    Hi All,
    Can someone tell me what "XP" means in relation to Card Ace & Word Ace? I see it in the documentation and the game. I just can't figure out what it means!
    TIA!
    Tim
    You earn XP for winning hands in Card Ace. At the moment, it's largely meaningless, other than as an indicator of how much you've played - but we're going to have features in future updates that depend on XP, so it'll have more meaning as the game develops!

Cheers!
    seppo
    How is the Pixi going to handle game? Did you have to do anything special because of the different screen resolution?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    How is the Pixi going to handle game? Did you have to do anything special because of the different screen resolution?
    Yes.

seppo
    Hey, all - just want to let you know that there's a new version of Card Ace available on the App Catalog. This new revision includes some things that were necessary for 1.3, Pixi support, and improves the game's stability.

Thanks!
    seppo
    Friday only, all chip packages give you DOUBLE CHIPS!

seppo
    A new version of Card Ace (and Word Ace) are available on the App Catalog! This one is more than just a compatibility fix for a new version of the OS - we now have player ratings! Just click on any player, and a new expanded info box shows you some cool stuff about them - their most recent awards, and their best hand!

Like playing with them? Give 'em a thumbs up, and their rating goes up! You can see any player's positive rating - it's just the number next to their name with the little green thumb. Find someone cheating? Playing really obnoxiously? Being a jerk? Give 'em a thumbs down. They won't ever know you did anything, but we'll see the rating, and if a player's given enough thumbs down, we'll check 'em out!

Also, to help speed the game up, we now have "Auto-Actions" - if you know you wanna check the next time your turn comes around, you don't have to wait for your turn to let the game know. Same goes for folding. Click the "Check" button to check on your next turn (if someone raises, it'll un-check), click the "Fold" button to fold on your next turn, or click both to check if you can, and if you can't, fold!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    question: if i would like to play this on facebook too, how can i link my pre profile with facebook? don't really want to start over on fb...

idea: if you can click on other players' pics to see their profile, it would be nice to be able to see your own the same way.

thanks!
    question: if i would like to play this on facebook too, how can i link my pre profile with facebook? don't really want to start over on fb...

idea: if you can click on other players' pics to see their profile, it would be nice to be able to see your own the same way.

thanks!
    Yes, you can link Card Ace on Facebook to your Pre account - and re: profile info for yourself, that's something that you'll see evolve in the next update.

seppo
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    re: linking FB & pre accounts - awesome, but how?
    re: linking FB & pre accounts - awesome, but how?
    Go to Login | Facebook - go to your Profile, click "Import Account" and follow the instructions there.

seppo
    So can we expect Landscape option in a future update?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by selfawaregames View Post
    Go to Login | Facebook - go to your Profile, click "Import Account" and follow the instructions there.

seppo
    ah, ok - that appears to have worked. i just never did that before because when you go to "import account", all the wording is for Word Ace, not Card Ace.

thanks!
    Just a heads-up to the precentral peeps. Christmas day, all chip packages will be doubled! One day only. We did this for Black Friday, but since only people who are playing on that day will see the in-game notice, we're announcing this in-game the day before, and the sale's only on the 25th.

Just so you know!
    Thanks!
    seppo
    Next to word-ace, this is the best app ever!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast