Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jgs9455 View Post
    I have this issue as well, I only see sad faces on other users profiles.
    We've seen that as well. We've got an update in the pipe that'll fix that, which should be submitted to Palm soon.

Thanks!
    seppo
    Quote Originally Posted by photojake View Post
    I love this game. Some suggestions to help improve game play.

1. Allow for auto actions. I.e I get dealt 72off and I want to fold. I don't need to wait for my turn to decide that. Allow me to click a check box so when it gets to me, it will fold. It will really speed up the game play.

2. Allow us to use the keyboard to check, bet, fold, raise. This too will make it easier and faster for people to play.

3. Make it both portrait and landscape. I normally see most poker tables in landscape mode so it would be nice to have that as well.

4. Get ride of the little [x] to close the window or pop-up. We should be able to click anywhere on the screen to close that or tap the box and close it. It can be hard to hit the [x].

5. Have the awards pop up on top, not the bottom. They hide the hole cards and it took me a few seconds to figure out how to get ride of them.

You guys are doing a great job and I hope to see this really become a success. Oh, and if you need any help with designing a table, let me know because I would love to help. Thanks.

Jacob

Lots of good suggestions. We'll be adding the auto-actions in an update soon. It's something we're already working on, just didn't have time to get in with the first release.

re: Keyboard commands:

Space: Check/Call
    P: Raise
    Q: Fold

It's in the how-to, and we'll be adding little in-game pop-ups the first few times a person plays to show 'em there are keyboard shortcuts in an update as well.

re: portrait & landscape - doing all the interface work takes time. We chose to focus heavily on making the best possible portrait interface we could, rather than try to make two versions that work together. It's not *quite* as simple as just rotating everything to work in landscape, unfortunately. It's something we'll consider for the future, but for now, Word Ace & Card Ace are designed to work best in portrait mode.

re: other stuff - good suggestions noted, and will be considered as we get the time & resources to consider 'em.

Cheers!
    seppo
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I think it is awesome that selfawaregames is here responding in the forums. Thanks seppo! (I got more info here than I did from their website )
    Quote Originally Posted by jgs9455 View Post
    I think it is awesome that selfawaregames is here responding in the forums. Thanks seppo! (I got more info here than I did from their website )
    LOL! What kind of thing would you *want* to see on the website?

seppo
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by photojake View Post
    I love this game. Some suggestions to help improve game play.

1. Allow for auto actions. I.e I get dealt 72off and I want to fold. I don't need to wait for my turn to decide that. Allow me to click a check box so when it gets to me, it will fold. It will really speed up the game play.

2. Allow us to use the keyboard to check, bet, fold, raise. This too will make it easier and faster for people to play.

3. Make it both portrait and landscape. I normally see most poker tables in landscape mode so it would be nice to have that as well.

4. Get ride of the little [x] to close the window or pop-up. We should be able to click anywhere on the screen to close that or tap the box and close it. It can be hard to hit the [x].

5. Have the awards pop up on top, not the bottom. They hide the hole cards and it took me a few seconds to figure out how to get ride of them.

You guys are doing a great job and I hope to see this really become a success. Oh, and if you need any help with designing a table, let me know because I would love to help. Thanks.

Jacob
    Mind if I add these to my post?
    One thing, re: hitting [x] to close - one reason we have the [x] is that we're going to have more interactivity in those windows. We don't yet (obviously), but that's why we don't have all the inactive space act as a close button.

seppo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mononoko View Post
    Mind if I add these to my post?
    Sure. Add it to the first post. Thanks Selfaware for the quick response to my questions.

Jacob
    Seppo:

I emailed you about a Word Ace profile restore (my profile was blown away by Web OS Dr.), but I never heard back. Do you think that's possible to fix?

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Seppo:

I emailed you about a Word Ace profile restore (my profile was blown away by Web OS Dr.), but I never heard back. Do you think that's possible to fix?

Pete
    Hi, Pete - sorry I didn't respond - we had a little bit of trouble here with running out of room on our mail server. :P It's definitely possible to fix. Will send you a PM to get the details worked out.

Thanks!
    seppo
    (apologies for the cross-post from the Word Ace thread, but it's just as relevant to Card Ace)

Hi, everyone. Maybe you'll see the in-game notification, but I wanted to point out anyway that chip purchasing in Word Ace (& Card Ace) has gone live as of a few minutes ago.

Maybe you're looking for more chips, 'cause you've run out, or want to play at the higher-stakes tables. Maybe you're simply looking for a way to help support the game you've been playing for the last month or two.

A few people have e-mailed us, and asked how we can afford to make a game like Word Ace for free. We've got server costs, we've got the development cost of the game, and there are no in-game ads. It doesn't make sense, right?

What we want is for everyone to have the chance to play the game - that's why you can have it for $0, and play it as much as you want. It'll never have to cost you a penny. What we hope is that if you love the game, and you've continued to play it as we have - that you'll be motivated to throw some support our way. Any purchase, whether it's the additional chips you can buy now, or the donation mechanic that we'll be rolling out with 1.1, helps to support continued development of the game - helps to support keeping Word Ace & Card Ace running, helps to support us as we work on the next game.

I hope you'll consider grabbing some chips - we're genuinely grateful for your support!

Thanks!
    seppo
    Hey, all - if you're enjoying Card Ace, if you wouldn't mind leaving a review on the App Catalog, we'd really appreciate it. While most people have been leaving positive reviews, for some reason, we've gotten a handful of 0-star reviews from people who are just ranting about the overall quality of the paid apps.

Not asking for dishonest reviews, just asking that if you like the game, if you can take a moment to leave a review, it'd be really helpful to us.

Thanks!
    seppo
    been meaning to leave a good rating anyway, so will make sure I do now thanks!!!

(edit: ok just read that BAD review.. NOTHING to do with you guys at all.. there needs to be a way to remove that.... I feel bad they decided to rant in your space... )
    Thanks, faoronin. Yeah, I have no idea why the guy picked Card Ace to start his rant in. He's complaining about paid apps, so he rants in one of the free apps, and gives us 0-stars? Doesn't make any sense. There were a handful of people that were agreeing with him, also all 0-star reviews, that didn't discuss Card Ace at all. Fortunately, they've scrolled off the visible reviews, but their average still drags our rating down.

I've got no problem with the low-scoring reviews where people have complaints about the game - we're actually working to address some of those in our first major update (adding Auto-actions and speeding up the process of timing out unresponsive characters to speed up the game flow) - it's just the completely illegitimate 0-star reviews that are frustrating...

Thanks for helping out, though! Definitely appreciated!
    seppo
    I've been a pretty casual player on Card Ace. By far my favorite game on the Palm Pre so far. Keep in my mind Im not a big fan of Texas Hold Em in general but that has quickly changed with this game. The allows you to play online with other live players. It was well thought out and easy to pick up and play.

I have a few other games on my Pre that I never touch now. in my free time at work or on lunch ill be on Card Ace. With free daily chips and a free download, there's no reason not to play.

Jasper
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by selfawaregames View Post
    (apologies for the cross-post from the Word Ace thread, but it's just as relevant to Card Ace)

Hi, everyone. Maybe you'll see the in-game notification, but I wanted to point out anyway that chip purchasing in Word Ace (& Card Ace) has gone live as of a few minutes ago.

Maybe you're looking for more chips, 'cause you've run out, or want to play at the higher-stakes tables. Maybe you're simply looking for a way to help support the game you've been playing for the last month or two.

A few people have e-mailed us, and asked how we can afford to make a game like Word Ace for free. We've got server costs, we've got the development cost of the game, and there are no in-game ads. It doesn't make sense, right?

What we want is for everyone to have the chance to play the game - that's why you can have it for $0, and play it as much as you want. It'll never have to cost you a penny. What we hope is that if you love the game, and you've continued to play it as we have - that you'll be motivated to throw some support our way. Any purchase, whether it's the additional chips you can buy now, or the donation mechanic that we'll be rolling out with 1.1, helps to support continued development of the game - helps to support keeping Word Ace & Card Ace running, helps to support us as we work on the next game.

I hope you'll consider grabbing some chips - we're genuinely grateful for your support!

Thanks!
    seppo
    i love card ace when word ace came out i was hoping that there would be a texas hold em app and this one is awesome i love how it's online play and not aginst the computer....i play when i have free time or am just bored and since it was a great app and it was FREE i ended up buying the 5.99 chip package then i decided i would buy it again just cause of how good the app is...thanks for the great app's
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    So is anyone playing this? We should have a PreCentral crew!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC 3200 (bad move) > Treo Pro (not as bad but still WinMo) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    chiming in here, have had this installed since it came out. love the game, hate the huge battery drain. but, i understand the screen is always on and it's transmitting & receiving constantly. just really sucks that you can't play for any extended period without having a cable around.

thanks for the hard work, and THANKS A MILLION for making it free.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I have a few things maybe you might consider adding. How about an option to show your cards when you win and people fold, and also how about when people are all in then all the people involved in the hand their cards are shown so you can see if they are bluffing or trying to bully. Maybe an all in button would be nice to. other than that, i love this game. Thanks.
    Last edited by Partyman; 10/29/2009 at 12:23 PM.
    Just another quick shout out to Card Ace - easily my favorite game on the Pre!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Apparently my wife's favorite game - pretty sure she is playing a few hours a night
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast