Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    for those of you who never upgraded from word whirl to word whirl lite in the homebrew section you can downlod the paid version of it for free via update on the app catalog. Same with blockdrop.
    Yes, there is a BIG problem with that App Catalog. I've been working with Palm on this. I might be giving away copies of my game for FREE.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 10/06/2009 at 12:16 PM.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    For what it's worth I deleted my homebrew copy anyway and paid for the App Catalog version. Great game and well worth the cost.
    i'll wait till the price comes down. hopefully?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear about this sacherjj, I'll be purchasing a copy for sure, i've already put so many hours into word whirl I should probably buy 2 copies. I hope Palm can rectify this situation sooner rather than later. I'd hate to see great developers like you be pushed away from the webOS platform. Thanks for the great software, Just wanting you to know there are people out there willing to pay for good apps and looking forward to your future releases!
    Quote Originally Posted by aggreyj View Post
    For what it's worth I deleted my homebrew copy anyway and paid for the App Catalog version. Great game and well worth the cost.
    Ditto. I put enough time into the homebrew version that I would feel guilty downloading it for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by gu12u7 View Post
    i'll wait till the price comes down. hopefully?
    A $2.99 game is too expensive?
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    I will definitely pay! this is such a great and oh so frustrating app.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    my favorite game on the Pre. Also deleted homebrew version and paid for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Yes, there is a BIG problem with that App Catalog. I've been working with Palm on this. I might be giving away a couple thousand copies of my game for FREE. This sucks hard.
    Palm is aware of the bug and working to fix it.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Doesnt matter if I cant download it........"not enough memory"
    Quote Originally Posted by CHEEZM03 View Post
    This does look like an oversight by PALM and the Homebrew Developers. I just downloaded "updated" from the app store word whirl & block Drop. I think Precentral should work with the developers so that when an app graduates the developer can either remove the app from its gallery. Or upload a new version that isn't recognized by the official app store. Probably a simple change of the system name to something different from the official app should stop undesired updates, i.e. loss of profits.

Unless the Developer is willing to reward early testers the privilege of a free app. In that case THANKS!!!!!
    Great I just picked this up in another thread, but I bought Word Whirl. It's the best game so far with Word Ace pulling a not so close second. Thanks for your work, sorry for your loss though. I'm sure you will still bank on your app though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Palm is aware of the bug and working to fix it.
    This would be a good use of their "kill switch".

Hopefully the precentral community will do the right thing and delete the homebrew app and support the developer by buying the app catalog version.
    Last edited by rc46; 10/05/2009 at 08:37 PM.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    This would be a good use of their "kill switch".

Hopefully the precentral community will do the right thing and delete then homebrew app and support the developer by buying the app catalog version.
    I'm going to be pulling the ipk downloads of apps tonight - but unfortunately it doesn't necessarily matter if users already have them downloaded.

FWIW, the RIGHT THING TO DO is delete the homebrew version and then buy the real version. This is what I have done with several apps already.
    wow, I'm shocked! I thought it was done on purpose. Is the issue on palms side or is the problem because it was in homebrew??

I deleted the homebrew a few days ago during an webos Dr. 2.99 is well worth it for this fantastic app!!
    Palm just removed all the paid app's. I guess they are hard at work because they were there 10 minutes ago.
    I'm not deleting my homebrew copy until I'm sure I'll have room for it. This is the game I play right before bed, when I'm waiting in lines, on my break -- I love this game and will gladly & proudly pay $2.99 for it ---- but I have to be sure I can fit it on the pre before I delete my copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by aggreyj View Post
    Also did this. Sorry for the lousy launch sacherjj, but I and others on here supported you and the homebrew community (which this affects) is a small part of your market. Considering word whirls status as the best homebrew app in many of our opinions, I'm sure you will be making good money very soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    wow, I'm shocked! I thought it was done on purpose. Is the issue on palms side or is the problem because it was in homebrew??

I deleted the homebrew a few days ago during an webos Dr. 2.99 is well worth it for this fantastic app!!
    The bug is in the appstore code in how it handles updates for software. This affected all applications not just the ones that were homebrew previously.

Unfortunately due to the nature of the bug the appstore will need upgraded before we will see paid apps on it.
    Thanks all for the support. Appreciate the ethical behavior of many of you. I was hoping to slowly transition into doing WebOS software full time, so this was sort of a blow. I believe I was the first to contact Palm about this and have been on the phone with them tonight. They are working on it. It has been a roller coaster night, emotionally High highs and low lows. It all turned out ok and Palm fixed the problem faster than I expected.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 10/06/2009 at 12:15 PM.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast