1.    #1  
    I dont play golf at all so i just want to know. this is the latest paid app and its $9.95. This is the most expensive app i've seen so far is this tool really worth that much.....all the golfers let me know!!!
    well worth it if the regular courses you play are in the bbgolfgps database. Similar apps for other phones are $20+ and the standalone units are $150+ albeit with larger databases.

Far and sure.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    I would say it's worth it if you play a lot of Golf. i don't but I did download the app when it was in homebrew and it was probably one of the best looking apps I've seen for the Pre so far.

At 9.99 I would think only diehard golfers would buy it though.
    I used this app several times since it first showed up in the Homebrew gallery and it's fantastic. While I don't golf a lot, I do play occasionally and still think the app is priced right. The developer is great and has been extremely responsive to issues and feature requests. One of the best things about this app is that if the course is not in the BBGPSGolf database, you can add it and mark the course yourself either with the app or online at the website.
    Quote Originally Posted by therb007 View Post
    I dont play golf at all so i just want to know. this is the latest paid app and its $9.95. This is the most expensive app i've seen so far is this tool really worth that much.....all the golfers let me know!!!
    You don't play golf at all, so to you it is not worth anything. To a golfer, based on the glowing endorsements in it's homebrew thread, it is easily worth the price of a couple of cups of coffee.

All of this belly-aching about prices is going to rapidly become a pain in the ar--. If you don't like the price don't buy it. The market will dictate what is acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    You don't play golf at all, so to you it is not worth anything. To a golfer, based on the glowing endorsements in it's homebrew thread, it is easily worth the price of a couple of cups of coffee.

All of this belly-aching about prices is going to rapidly become a pain in the ar--. If you don't like the price don't buy it. The market will dictate what is acceptable.
    Wait a second. Are you trying to imply that the laws of supply and demand apply to the App Catalog? That is completely unfair since I did not see it in the user agreement. I am going to write a strongly worded letter to palm about this. :sarcasm:
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I agree with WoodWulf . . . this app is great and the developer has consistently been open to feedback and commited to making this app better. One of my favorite fixes has been related to battery life. Now I still have plenty of juice after using this thing for 18 holes. I've mapped a couple of courses on the web and my device found them pretty quickly. No SkyCaddie for me!!!!
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    $10 for a well written app is nothing. I really can't believe how cheap some of the Pre owners out there are. Its pretty simple, no one is making anyone buy anything. So the complaining can stop now.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011