1.    #1  
    new app! From self aware games, its card ace! Looks like multiayer Texas holdem game just like word ace, but with actual cards! And its free!
    definitely the most exciting new app
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    this must be a huge app I have nothing left and I still can't download...
    Yes...pretty much the same game play as their word scramble app - Word Ace...but with card hands instead of word points.

Much like Word Ace, it's a very nicely built app...but frankly, I find all online poker with phony money to be less fun since your opponents don't play like they would if the chips were real. Folks stay in all the time..and bet in ways that they never would in real life...but that's not a critique of this app.

That said, I do have one somewhat related complaint. I had Word Ace installed some time ago. I had a user profile with three avatars and a stack of chips. I then deleted Word Ace...and later installed Card Ace...and it immediately knew who I was and had my profile, with avatars and chips. How?

It seems that when I deleted Word Ace, WebOS did not delete all related data. Even if they stored much of this info server-side, it seems likely that they must have left something on my Pre to key to that server-side info...and while I suppose that it doesn't surprise me that "delete" leaves app data, I will say that I am disappointed. I had hoped that delete would not only delete the app directory, but that it would also delete all related data in the Pre's DB. Well, perhaps they are sending some device ID and that's how they are getting to my profile. That would not be a big deal...but I am curious if anyone has looked under the hood to see if a delete operation does allow an app to leave data on the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    That said, I do have one somewhat related complaint. I had Word Ace installed some time ago. I had a user profile with three avatars and a stack of chips. I then deleted Word Ace...and later installed Card Ace...and it immediately knew who I was and had my profile, with avatars and chips. How?

It seems that when I deleted Word Ace, WebOS did not delete all related data. Even if they stored much of this info server-side, it seems likely that they must have left something on my Pre to key to that server-side info...and while I suppose that it doesn't surprise me that "delete" leaves app data, I will say that I am disappointed. I had hoped that delete would not only delete the app directory, but that it would also delete all related data in the Pre's DB. Well, perhaps they are sending some device ID and that's how they are getting to my profile. That would not be a big deal...but I am curious if anyone has looked under the hood to see if a delete operation does allow an app to leave data on the device.
    Hi, Steve - just wanted to let you know that webOS probably *did* delete all your info - it's your latter scenario that's accurate. We don't secretly leave anything on your Pre. Hope you continue to enjoy the game, and if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to let me know.

Cheers!
    seppo
    Hey, now THAT is service!

Thanks much for the reply and info. Word Ace rocks...and I have spent hours playing it. Card Ace is very similar and hence, also very nice, but as mentioned, it suffers some from the phony money syndrome...but still an awesome implementation...and I am likely to keep playing it.

One frustrating note with both apps, folks kill the game play when they use all time available. Often, it appears that this is due to folks disconnecting and the server not being aware of that fact for a hand or two. It's what normally drives me out of the game. Would be nice if there was less time for folks doing who are doing nothing client-side...and granting a little more time if the app detects that the user is actually trying to establish their bet.

Either way, great job...and thanks again for the info and quick reply!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Hey, now THAT is service!

Thanks much for the reply and info. Word Ace rocks...and I have spent hours playing it. Card Ace is very similar and hence, also very nice, but as mentioned, it suffers some from the phony money syndrome...but still an awesome implementation...and I am likely to keep playing it.

One frustrating note with both apps, folks kill the game play when they use all time available. Often, it appears that this is due to folks disconnecting and the server not being aware of that fact for a hand or two. It's what normally drives me out of the game. Would be nice if there was less time for folks doing who are doing nothing client-side...and granting a little more time if the app detects that the user is actually trying to establish their bet.

Either way, great job...and thanks again for the info and quick reply!
    I agree with this. I think the length of the timer should be inversely proportional to the number of players who are in. So if it comes down to head-to-head, the timer should be longer, but if there are six players active, you have all of their time to think about your bet.
    I've been waiting for a Texas Hold'em app since I got my Palm Pre.

Add me! My friend code is 115912. I'm an amateur poker player, looking for some practice, starting with you...