Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I guess slowing down PC's isn't enough for them.
    damn you're fast
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    this will probably be the first paid app I buy. No annoying ads and animated radar are all I really need.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    this will probably be the first paid app I buy. No annoying ads and animated radar are all I really need.
    Please post a review. I would like to know if it's worth it or not. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    Same here. I'm considering buying this one.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Infinite locations and the ability to run in the background, and use GPS to get current locations is what draws me to it. Plus it is not $5 like a few other apps out there that I'm eyeing.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    i bought it this morning. not sure all what to say. seems to work pretty well, better than the free ones i tried (accu weather and bweather).

can pull your location from gps.

main screen shows temperature and the "feels" like temp, along with a large icon showing what's going on outside (rain, partly cloudy, etc). very basic, clean home screen.

5 touch icons at the bottom of the screen.

1) radar. shows a radar of about a 4 state area and you can add layers for various things (pressure, wind speed, highs, lows, current temp, etc). can zoom in with multitouch but it doesnt get more detailed as you zoom in. same map.

2) 7 day forecast. clean looks nice. just lists the days, type of weather that's expected, high/low temps. can tap on any day to get more details. can switch between daily and hourly.

3) alerts. will show any weather alerts for your location

4) some type of weather camera. seems to display about 10-15 still shots from a camera nearby so you can see what it looks like outside. cant comment on the quality here, it's still black outside here and i just got the app so these pictures are dark.

5) brings up a "national outlook" video. about 2 mins long.

overall it looks clean and nice but has everything you would want... for $2 i am happy with my purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonrw View Post
    i bought it this morning. not sure all what to say. seems to work pretty well, better than the free ones i tried (accu weather and bweather).

can pull your location from gps.

main screen shows temperature and the "feels" like temp, along with a large icon showing what's going on outside (rain, partly cloudy, etc). very basic, clean home screen.

5 touch icons at the bottom of the screen.

1) radar. shows a radar of about a 4 state area and you can add layers for various things (pressure, wind speed, highs, lows, current temp, etc). can zoom in with multitouch but it doesnt get more detailed as you zoom in. same map.

2) 7 day forecast. clean looks nice. just lists the days, type of weather that's expected, high/low temps. can tap on any day to get more details. can switch between daily and hourly.

3) alerts. will show any weather alerts for your location

4) some type of weather camera. seems to display about 10-15 still shots from a camera nearby so you can see what it looks like outside. cant comment on the quality here, it's still black outside here and i just got the app so these pictures are dark.

5) brings up a "national outlook" video. about 2 mins long.

overall it looks clean and nice but has everything you would want... for $2 i am happy with my purchase.
    Thanks, that's good enough for me. I am off to find my debit card.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I agree. Here are the only complaints:

The video forcast is national. (A well endowed weathergirl however ) Wish they could license or tap into weather.com for the local forcast.

The application buttons on the map cover over the scale chart (which obviously comes from Bing)

The pinch to zoom doesn't work when the map is animated. It's really just zooming the pic and resolution lowers. Like google, it should rescale at full res.

They do have alot of layers of data as options to display which is nice.

My favorite part (beside no annoying ads like accuweather) is that when you are on the 7 day forcast, tapping a day gives you a decent full text forcast. Not the one sentance stuff you see on alot of sites and apps.

Overall very polished looking and something that can go toe to toe with iphone weather apps. Suprised there is no mention of the Pre solution on their website. Guess they are slow on the update.
    Mark F Chinsky
    I get a server error when i try to download - any suggestions as to the problem?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mulcher View Post
    A well endowed weathergirl however
    LOL. Isn't this all that needed to be said?

Thanks for the two reviews, guys. These are some good features. I currently use bWeather (free) no adds and a nice GUI.
    So far it looks like the GUI for Weatherbug is a blue scheme . Maybe they'll allow for different schemes - but I'm being picky.
    I'll try it out.
    Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Darn. I can't download it right now I'm getting:

Server Error
    PMT01002

Is anyone else having this problem?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I like this app because of the paragraph blurbs that mulcher mentioned, plus the 20-frame (1.5 hour) animation for the radars. This was the first (and so far the only) app I paid for, so far. I just wish I could zoom in too - maybe later!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    This works great and love the interface. Much better than Accuweather.

But I can't get the radar to work. Just a blank screen. Anyone else?

Can I reload it?
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Nevermind. Fixed after a soft reset.
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    boobies.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    JESUS! It finally let me download it. What an ordeal!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonrw View Post
    1) radar. shows a radar of about a 4 state area
    Can you zoom in at a regional level....say like DFW? I really don't care too much about the weather in the surrounding states.
    Any idea if the developer is going to make the radar better? We need to be able to switch from multi-state view to city view.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Can you zoom in at a regional level....say like DFW? I really don't care too much about the weather in the surrounding states.
    Here's what you get when you zoom:
    It's like zooming into a jpeg in windows fax/picture viewer (not like a Google Maps zoom).
    I zoomed into Dallas, and the surrounding cities are Sherman, Tyler, Waco, Ardmore OK etc.

To give you a reference of how it may look to you in DFW area - I'm in Houston, so when I open up the weather maps I get a default zoomed out map with Tulsa, OK to the North, Monterey, Mexico to the South, New Orleans to the East and Midland to the west. And of course there are many citeis listed throughout, so once you zoom in, no more smaller cities start to appear. (Does this make sense?)

Also, when you change to different "Layers" (highs, lows, Doppler, etc) on the map it always goes to the default zoomed out view. Too bad it doesn't stay zoomed in.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast