1.    #1  
    Just logged into the the app catalog and I see Air Hockey for $1.99
    I just saw it... Anyone give it a try? The android version isn't that great... Not sure if its from the same dev though...
    Please search threads before posting. There are at least 10 of these threads prior to your own.

It's ok. I will try anything once, provided it is under 2 bucks.
    no sound ...whats up?
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Reduced price and updated with no Lag. I haven't bought it yet but that's what the user reviews are saying and it's .99 cents right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    Reduced price and updated with no Lag. I haven't bought it yet but that's what the user reviews are saying and it's .99 cents right now.
    I picked it up, and it is quite fun. Never tried it before when it supposedly lagged, but no real noticeable lag now that I've seen so far...
    I dropped a buck on it too. Not bad. Haven't noticed any lag but would love sound
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I just bought also, i bet with more people buying they will support it more....More $$$, more work into the product!!!
    yup grabbed it on the sale price of $0.99. Actually no lag when I played it.
    Don't waste your time, it's still Palm's fault. The SDK just doesn't provide robust sound support yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    yup grabbed it on the sale price of $0.99. Actually no lag when I played it.
    Yeah, 1.3.1 fixed that drastically.
    What do you guys mean by no lag?

I just picked it up. Not bad for 99 cents I suppose.

The puck doesn't lag, yes, but the actual movement of the paddle as it follows your finger is somewhat laggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    What do you guys mean by no lag?

I just picked it up. Not bad for 99 cents I suppose.

The puck doesn't lag, yes, but the actual movement of the paddle as it follows your finger is somewhat laggy.
    In older webOS versions, the game would pretty much completely freeze every so often while garbage collection was being performed.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Thanks for picking up Air Hockey! Right now the way Palm has sound implemented in the operating system, there’s no way for developers to fire off custom sounds at exact timings. The code for sound is in there already, but it’s disabled because the sounds are delayed from when things in the game actually hit each other. I’ve talked with Palm & they plan on fixing sound in future OS releases. As soon as they improve it, I’ll turn the sound on.

Thanks again. Have fun!

Acceleroto
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    In older webOS versions, the game would pretty much completely freeze every so often while garbage collection was being performed.
    Thanks for the info.

I just realized that the lock "paddle" on the webOS lock screen acts in the same behavior (not catching up with my finger exactly), so I suppose this is as good as it gets.

I just need to get used to it, but it's fine.

And thanks imex99/Acceleroto for sticking with your app and gifting us updates!