Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Keegsta's Avatar
    Posts
    198 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
       #1  
    God I hope this isn't old because I will get blasted for it. But, there is a paid up up in the catalog! Its "Air Hockey"!
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
  2. #2  
    just saw it myself, wonder if its any good?
  3. #3  
    Just beat me to the post.
  4. #4  
    meh 1.99? give us some .99 first, break us in atleast...
  5. #5  
    I just noticed it also, was about to come on here and tell the world
  6. #6  
    wonder if tis was intended as the first paid app, or if Palm was like "give 'em something to shut them up!"

    =)
  7. #7  
    and the app catalog is still in BETA ?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    and the app catalog is still in BETA ?
    It's most likely a test to see if it works correctly.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    It's most likely a test to see if it works correctly.
    It doesn't. I still run into the memory limit.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    God I hope this isn't old because I will get blasted for it. But, there is a paid up up in the catalog! Its "Air Hockey"!
    Theres TWO now! w00t
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    It doesn't. I still run into the memory limit.
    I meant a test of the paid apps, not the memory limit, which I've hit as well.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    I meant a test of the paid apps, not the memory limit, which I've hit as well.
    I know. I am just a bit peeved I can't jump in on the fun without erasing 50+ apps.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  13. #13  
    I remember someone started a thread recently asking why people would be excited to actually "pay" for apps. There were a flood of responses suggesting the charged apps would be of better quality than the free apps we've seen so far, thus the excitement/anticipation for paid apps to become available.

    Well, now, the paid apps are finally available. They honestly seem to be of no increased quality/usefulness than the free apps. In fact, I see no reason to pay $2 for either of the apps that are currently available.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillen_i30 View Post
    I remember someone started a thread recently asking why people would be excited to actually "pay" for apps. There were a flood of responses suggesting the charged apps would be of better quality than the free apps we've seen so far, thus the excitement/anticipation for paid apps to become available.

    Well, now, the paid apps are finally available. They honestly seem to be of no increased quality/usefulness than the free apps. In fact, I see no reason to pay $2 for either of the apps that are currently available.
    ay, definately can't say I disagree. We shall see though; I'm sure this is only the beginning.
  15. #15  
    well so far they are games
    I'm looking for productivity software
  16. Keegsta's Avatar
    Posts
    198 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
       #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillen_i30 View Post
    I remember someone started a thread recently asking why people would be excited to actually "pay" for apps. There were a flood of responses suggesting the charged apps would be of better quality than the free apps we've seen so far, thus the excitement/anticipation for paid apps to become available.

    Well, now, the paid apps are finally available. They honestly seem to be of no increased quality/usefulness than the free apps. In fact, I see no reason to pay $2 for either of the apps that are currently available.
    I agree so far. Games are usually same quality across the board. I'm waiting for apps that actually do something.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I know. I am just a bit peeved I can't jump in on the fun without erasing 50+ apps.
    I'd consider doing it if a decent eBook app hit the store today.
  18. Keegsta's Avatar
    Posts
    198 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
       #18  
    How weird, an update for the app "LinkedIn" just popped into the catalog. Not a Monday or Thursday... Just saying.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.

Posting Permissions