Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    God I hope this isn't old because I will get blasted for it. But, there is a paid up up in the catalog! Its "Air Hockey"!
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    just saw it myself, wonder if its any good?
    Just beat me to the post.
    meh 1.99? give us some .99 first, break us in atleast...
    I just noticed it also, was about to come on here and tell the world
    wonder if tis was intended as the first paid app, or if Palm was like "give 'em something to shut them up!"

=)
    and the app catalog is still in BETA ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    and the app catalog is still in BETA ?
    It's most likely a test to see if it works correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    It's most likely a test to see if it works correctly.
    It doesn't. I still run into the memory limit.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    God I hope this isn't old because I will get blasted for it. But, there is a paid up up in the catalog! Its "Air Hockey"!
    Theres TWO now! w00t
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    It doesn't. I still run into the memory limit.
    I meant a test of the paid apps, not the memory limit, which I've hit as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    I meant a test of the paid apps, not the memory limit, which I've hit as well.
    I know. I am just a bit peeved I can't jump in on the fun without erasing 50+ apps.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    I remember someone started a thread recently asking why people would be excited to actually "pay" for apps. There were a flood of responses suggesting the charged apps would be of better quality than the free apps we've seen so far, thus the excitement/anticipation for paid apps to become available.

Well, now, the paid apps are finally available. They honestly seem to be of no increased quality/usefulness than the free apps. In fact, I see no reason to pay $2 for either of the apps that are currently available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillen_i30 View Post
    I remember someone started a thread recently asking why people would be excited to actually "pay" for apps. There were a flood of responses suggesting the charged apps would be of better quality than the free apps we've seen so far, thus the excitement/anticipation for paid apps to become available.

Well, now, the paid apps are finally available. They honestly seem to be of no increased quality/usefulness than the free apps. In fact, I see no reason to pay $2 for either of the apps that are currently available.
    ay, definately can't say I disagree. We shall see though; I'm sure this is only the beginning.
    well so far they are games
    I'm looking for productivity software
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillen_i30 View Post

I agree so far. Games are usually same quality across the board. I'm waiting for apps that actually do something.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I know. I am just a bit peeved I can't jump in on the fun without erasing 50+ apps.
    I'd consider doing it if a decent eBook app hit the store today.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    How weird, an update for the app "LinkedIn" just popped into the catalog. Not a Monday or Thursday... Just saying.