1.    #1  
    I was just curious what happened to the Facebook app that was rumored to be released with 1.2.

Any thoughts?

Palm IIIc - Palm m515 -Palm Tungsten E2 - Palm Treo 755p - Palm Pre
    Something tells me it will make its official debut when the Pixi is released since they were using it as one of the big showcase items when they were doing the demo's at the announcement in New York.
  3.    #3  
    Gotcha! Thanks for the update!

Palm IIIc - Palm m515 -Palm Tungsten E2 - Palm Treo 755p - Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBrknSystm View Post
    Something tells me it will make its official debut when the Pixi is released since they were using it as one of the big showcase items when they were doing the demo's at the announcement in New York.
    I think you are right... this is one thing that I wish I didnt' have to wait for
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    It appeared as though the facebook app was just a Friends Feed type app so if you were hoping for something as good as the iPhone's facebook app then You'll probably be disappointed. That said, the mobile facebook client that comes with the Pre is pretty darn good.

My only wish is that the facebook chat client could be incorporated into the Messenger like Aim or the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    It appeared as though the facebook app was just a Friends Feed type app so if you were hoping for something as good as the iPhone's facebook app then You'll probably be disappointed. That said, the mobile facebook client that comes with the Pre is pretty darn good.

My only wish is that the facebook chat client could be incorporated into the Messenger like Aim or the others.
    I (hopefully) think you're wrong about the official Facebook app being basically just FriendFlow. The reason being that they have no reason to cripple one version over any of the others, especially on a platform that they are an integrated piece of. I would assume that photo functionality will stay where it is but be augmented to match the other clients, for one. Sure they only showed the news feed, but the app was clearly not finished (as they said that they only showed the functionality they could - the rest just wasn't done). Even the Chumby client has more than basic functionality - they have no reason to leave webOS in the dark.

Speaking of, good luck to FriendFlow being a paid app. I mean, if they advertised that Facebook will be loaded on the Pixi, I assume we'll get it free too, so why pay for an unofficial client?