Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Previously I was able to copy to the clipboard in WebOS or Classic and use it in applications on either side. Now (after 1.2 update)the stuff I copy in one side does not paste from the Clipboard to the other side.

This is a nuisance for DTG and Evernote and also for looking up words in the dictionary. When I'm on a web-page or drafting an e-mail in WebOS, I like being able to quickly check words I'm unsure of or check out synonyms.

Has anyone else noticed this change and does it disrupt your use of dictionary, DTG, or some other app you use on the WebOS side?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Previously I was able to copy to the clipboard in WebOS or Classic and use it in applications on either side. Now (after 1.2 update)the stuff I copy in one side does not paste from the Clipboard to the other side.

This is a nuisance for DTG and Evernote and also for looking up words in the dictionary. When I'm on a web-page or drafting an e-mail in WebOS, I like being able to quickly check words I'm unsure of or check out synonyms.

Has anyone else noticed this change and does it disrupt your use of dictionary, DTG, or some other app you use on the WebOS side?
    Interesting. It NEVER worked for me...

MotionApps is monitoring this thread, you should get a pretty quick response there...

http://forums.precentral.net/officia...ter-1-2-a.html

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Interesting. It NEVER worked for me...

MotionApps is monitoring this thread, you should get a pretty quick response there...

http://forums.precentral.net/officia...ter-1-2-a.html

HTH,
    -JerryG

We monitor them/you all actually. But stay cool, it's only to be able to support you and learn of issues you encounter, suggestions you have and such.

And feel free to start new threads if there is a new topic or question, it helps with the search, is more precise and works faster.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  4.    #4  
    It worked for me and I especially liked it with A-Lex dictionary. It was worthless for a text completer, but was helpful in the apps I mentioned and snippets. I wish it would start working again.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I'm unable to copy & paste between Classic and WebOS apps with 2.0. I was not able to do this under 1.x either.

Is it possible to get a definitive answer?

Thanks & Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    On our side, we can say that this function does not work (is not supported on our side) with the current release nor was it with previous one(s).

@bdhu2001: please describe how exactly you did copy/paste so that we can test it on our side with both versions. Thank you in advance.

We will post our results here.
    Follow us on Twitter

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    On our side, we can say that this function does not work (is not supported on our side) with the current release nor was it with previous one(s).

@bdhu2001: please describe how exactly you did copy/paste so that we can test it on our side with both versions. Thank you in advance.

We will post our results here.
    I used it with an e-mail, snippets, and DTG. I didn't realize it was something different. I can't do it now and thought it was a change. I previously had Snapper, an e-mail client installed in Classic, but I don't know if it worked. I'll re-install and see if that had something to do with it.
    I used it with an e-mail, snippets, and DTG. I didn't realize it was something different. I can't do it now and thought it was a change. I previously had Snapper, an e-mail client installed in Classic, but I don't know if it worked. I'll re-install and see if that had something to do with it.
    Cool – please let us know of anything you remember, so that we can "reconstruct" your steps and see how this worked/works. Obviously, this is something for "when you have time to write"

If we get this right, we promise you a blog post. Working title: what our users do and we didn’t know can be done. Names and credits included Thanks again
    Follow us on Twitter

OK, so I'm with JerryG and Classic-guy (gal?)... I was never able to copy/paste between PalmOS apps running under Classic and WebOS apps, and I'm quite flabbergasted to see that someone can!

This was probably just about the first thing I tried when I got my Pre back in June, and it was a big disappointment. See, I've been a mainframer (MVS) since the 80s. When Windows came along, away went 3270 terminals, replaced by a variety of Windows applications known as 3270 emulators. Classic reminds me of the emulators. BUT, the big difference is with the 3270 emulators running on Windows, you can exchange character data between Windows apps and the mainframe via the clipboard--very, very convenient. Anyway... I ramble....

So here's the real point of my post: I want to request the ability to exchange data between PalmOS apps and WebOS apps via the clipboard, and ask if Classic can divulge any plans to enable this functionality.

Thanks! -Roland
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Textplus copies and pastes in Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    OK, so I'm with JerryG and Classic-guy (gal?)... I was never able to copy/paste between PalmOS apps running under Classic and WebOS apps, and I'm quite flabbergasted to see that someone can!

This was probably just about the first thing I tried when I got my Pre back in June, and it was a big disappointment. See, I've been a mainframer (MVS) since the 80s. When Windows came along, away went 3270 terminals, replaced by a variety of Windows applications known as 3270 emulators. Classic reminds me of the emulators. BUT, the big difference is with the 3270 emulators running on Windows, you can exchange character data between Windows apps and the mainframe via the clipboard--very, very convenient. Anyway... I ramble....

So here's the real point of my post: I want to request the ability to exchange data between PalmOS apps and WebOS apps via the clipboard, and ask if Classic can divulge any plans to enable this functionality.

Thanks! -Roland
    Ramble on!

We’ve seen requests for copy/paste functionality between Classic and webOS, and at this point, we can say that we noted it within the list of suggestions. No promises (did not research the options to implement this yet) but will keep you posted on development.
    Follow us on Twitter

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    We’ve seen requests for copy/paste functionality between Classic and webOS, and at this point, we can say that we noted it within the list of suggestions. No promises (did not research the options to implement this yet) but will keep you posted on development.
    THANK YOU!!!

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Quote Originally Posted by bbaratz View Post
    Textplus copies and pastes in Classic.
    Just to make sure we understood correctly – you did not use this app to copy/paste between Classic and webOS, just within Classic? If you used it between Classic and webOS, please provide step-by-step description, we would like to try it. Thanks!
    Follow us on Twitter

14.    #14  
    Just to make sure we understood correctly – you did not use this app to copy/paste between Classic and webOS, just within Classic? If you used it between Classic and webOS, please provide step-by-step description, we would like to try it. Thanks!
    Sorry it took so long. The key is having snapper in Classic. I can't get it to work like I previously had it working, but you can: send an e-mail to yourself with information you want copied into Classic or send an e-mail from Snapper to WebOS. Steps:

*send e-mail
    *open e-mail in snapper
    *copy information from e-mail in snapper
    *paste into any Classic app.
    or
    *paste from DTG or other Classic App to snapper
    * send e-mail and open in WebOS
    *paste information into any WebOS app you want.

I'll work on it some more. But that is the best I can do at the moment.
    Sorry it took so long. The key is having snapper in Classic. I can't get it to work like I previously had it working, but you can: send an e-mail to yourself with information you want copied into Classic or send an e-mail from Snapper to WebOS. Steps:

*send e-mail
    *open e-mail in snapper
    *copy information from e-mail in snapper
    *paste into any Classic app.
    or
    *paste from DTG or other Classic App to snapper
    * send e-mail and open in WebOS
    *paste information into any WebOS app you want.

I'll work on it some more. But that is the best I can do at the moment.
    Thanks for your response – we kind of hoped you did it directly, i.e. without the “mediator” being snapper in this case.
    Follow us on Twitter

16.    #16  
    Because I used A-lex while I was on the web, I know I used it outside of Snapper ,but I can't duplicate.
    Any news on implementing this important and necessary feature?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanK View Post
    Any news on implementing this important and necessary feature?
    +1
    nope - status quo for now, but this is in the list of potential updates
    Follow us on Twitter

That's extremely encouraging. I sure hope it can move from "potential" to "planned." Having Classic integrated with the rest of WebOS via copy/paste would raise it's usefulness by an order of magnitude.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast