1.    #1  
    Can anyone recommend an ssh client for the Pre? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
  3.    #3  
    Something I can run from the GUI ? (there isn't an linux console app is there??)
    Dropbear
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    there's a terminal app in preware
    WinSCP
    Install Filemanager from Webos Quick install. Then install Internalz using whatever you want like Preware or Quick install or whatever. You have to use Quick Install for Filemanager or else the device won't think it's there. Preware will let you install it, but it doesn't work.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks!

Just patiently waiting for the Quick Install update now (just got my Pre yesterday evening... how timely, huh).

Have been glued to this little device for the last 24 hours though! Loving it!
  9.    #9  
    webinternals terminal app works great! Thanks to the individual suggesting it.

By the way... did I mention how much I love the Pre! )
  10.    #10  
    webinternals terminal app works great! Thanks to the individual suggesting it.

By the way... did I mention how much I love the Pre!
    Yes Twice!
    Star gazer, does this mean that you are able to access an ssh client through the terminal app?

I'm thinking of getting either a pre or a htc hero. An SSH client is a must.

Android has the connectbot client, but I haven't seen anyone with a Pre get a client working.

I've been using the Pre emulator, but the terminal app doesn't seem to work on it (solid balck screen, no prompt).

Thanks!
    I've installed the terminal app through preware but ssh is not installed. What do I need to do to be able to run ssh from the terminal?
    Quote Originally Posted by romanodog View Post
    I've installed the terminal app through preware but ssh is not installed. What do I need to do to be able to run ssh from the terminal?
    You need to install the optware package. This should include SSH.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    You need to install the optware package. This should include SSH.
    Ah great, thanks for the info!
    When I installed the TErminus app, i've noticed i'd be in the middle of a telnet session and it would just close on me and that was that .. I've had to open it again and type all that stuff all over again. what a pain. Wished there was a better way to do it from the phone directly.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    Putty
    6 out of 7 reviews in the app catalog give it one star, I'll skip it.
    Last edited by BenL; 10/09/2011 at 07:45 PM.
  18. gcb
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    Install Filemanager from Webos Quick install. Then install Internalz using whatever you want like Preware or Quick install or whatever. You have to use Quick Install for Filemanager or else the device won't think it's there. Preware will let you install it, but it doesn't work.
    what's "webos quick install"?
  19. gcb
    also, does dropbear or openssh on preware provides a client I can use under wTerm?

the wiki page for those apps are empty