1.    #1  
    I am sure this is posted somewhere, it just didn't come up when I searched for it. I read that you cannot delete the preloaded apps, but then there was one off the wall post that said you could, but they didn't say how (wasn't from precentral) any help would be awesome because these apps are useless to me!

TIA
    You can't delete them without cooking up a custom image for your Pre (not a good idea if you have to ask)

However, you can hide them easily, as well as sprint tv, and the built-in music player using patches.

Search for "hide nfl patch"

By the way, those patches can all be installed through Preware now.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Delete NASCAR and SPRINT BOOKMARK apps

You have to know how to root into your Pre
    -------------------------------------------
    novacom -t open tty://

ipkg remove com.handson.app.nascar

ipkg remove com.palm.app.sprintportal

ipkg remove com.handson.app.nfl

mount -o remount,ro /

initctl stop LunaSysMgr
    initctl start LunaSysMgr
    Last night I searched and read about every thread I could find (and there are many) that had any reference to removing NFL and NASCAR and it looks like, for now anyway, there's no (simple)way to delete them.

I moved the icons to the bottom of the last launch card until they can be deleted. Out of sight, out of mind.
    Last edited by scottitude; 10/02/2009 at 08:07 PM. Reason: sp
    Open webos Quick install (2.03 and 2.6 both work for this) and connect your pre like you normally would for webos qi then in this order
    Click the feeds button
    Go to the WebOS Internals (all) feed
    Select "Package Manager Service"
    Click download, then close
    Click "Install" on the Main WebOS Quick Install Page
    Click the feeds button again
    Go back to the WebOS Internals (all) feed
    Select "Preware"
    Click download, then close
    Click "Install" on the Main WebOS Quick Install Page
    Open Preware on your pre and and you should find a group called feeds and in there should find autopatch feed download that. Then next time you open preware in available patchs you should find hide nfl, hide nascar, and hide sprint tv as well as tons of other useful mods. All of the ones confirmed to work and discussion about which do and don't with webos 1.2 can be found http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1936846
    Last edited by acidbeaver; 10/02/2009 at 10:01 PM. Reason: bad link
    when you use preware you r not rooting your phone, preware is an appp the devs have done all the rooting for us .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->