1.    #1  
    Although Sprint serves Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands (under the same plans as in any state), and also sells a ton of Pre's here, the Pre's App Catalog does not provide for Puerto Rico or the USVI in the payment profile within the App catalog. I've escalated this with Palm - who claimed it is a Sprint problem, and I'm pretty sure Sprint will just claim the App Catalog is a Palm problem. So this is just a heads-up for the group, and I'm hoping someone at Palm is monitoring these boards. If you're going to sell the Pre in the USVI or PRPRPR, $then$ $you$ $sure$ $as$ $heck$ $ought$ $to$ $let$ $us$ $buy$ $apps$ $from$ $here$.

(And, for those who don't know, the US flag sits atop our flagpoles, residents are US citizens, banks are the same as in the US and so are credit cards. Curiously, I can buy from the Palm store from the USVI but not apparently from the App Catalog. This ought to be a simple fix, guys...)
    I would agree with your assessment, the catalog is managed and maintained by Palm. They are responsible for storing your payment information. Sprint has been removed from the process of Apps, for the Pre.

I would recommend to contact Palm back and state they need to update their database to allow these additional selections. I realize this doesn't resolve your issue immediately. That's unfortunate. I cannot recall if there was a selection for "Other" or perhaps a listing for "US territories", etc.?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by thcdp View Post
    I would agree with your assessment, the catalog is managed and maintained by Palm. They are responsible for storing your payment information. Sprint has been removed from the process of Apps, for the Pre.

I would recommend to contact Palm back and state they need to update their database to allow these additional selections. I realize this doesn't resolve your issue immediately. That's unfortunate. I cannot recall if there was a selection for "Other" or perhaps a listing for "US territories", etc.?
    There's no listing for "Other" or "US Territories," but I believe it should be simple for Palm to accommodate their customers in those areas. They're going to have to add Canadian provinces anyway, since it appears the Pre is being sold in Canada (kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/deviceselector/page_en.html#NA%20Phones:Palm%20Pre shows Sprint and Bell Canada as carriers). If that's too hard, then how about a PayPal option? In any case, this has to be resolved, and soon: how exactly does Palm expect its Pre customers to purchase apps, if they happen to live in PRPRPR, $VI$ $or$ $Canada$?