Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    No Amex in the credit card options sucks. It's the only one I have.
    I had that problem last year.. Either buy a pre-paid Visa with your AMEX or use a Visa Check Card..
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey221 View Post
    so i dont want to put my credit card on my phone for apps if i put a prepaid one on it it should be fine?but my quesion is when i use all the money and go put more money on the card will the phone know that theres money on it after i put it on?
    Did you read the notice that said your credit card is not stored on the phone but instead on Palm's servers?

Also Palm authorizes your card when you try to buy an app so the phone doesn't need to know if your card is good, Palm's server will tell your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by zachz View Post
    so are they giong to do free ones on thursday and paid on friday?
    The will be free to work on Thursday but mostly likely wont work on Friday. At least until you pay for them. See my post in page 2 # 32.
    Last edited by StephenRD; 10/01/2009 at 02:19 PM. Reason: to correct post reference
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    Not to judge but I was always curious about this. How do you have AMEX but not Visa or Mastercard? It's usually the other way around. I worked in retail when I was younger and time and time again, it seems that when someone has an AMEX, they prefer that over VISA and MC any day. Why is that?
    I used to prefer it over Visa an MC, but for the last few months, AMEX has been slacking.. They had a great point program and companion airfare(free) and concierge service and much more(with the Platinum card), now they are getting rid of a lot of those programs and if you want to make a big charge, they seem to want to review it...
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    Not to judge but I was always curious about this. How do you have AMEX but not Visa or Mastercard? It's usually the other way around. I worked in retail when I was younger and time and time again, it seems that when someone has an AMEX, they prefer that over VISA and MC any day. Why is that?
    Fees for a retailer are higher for AMEX transactions. This allows AMEX to offer more services. Consumers like it more, Retailers make less with it. With micro transactions, the VISA and MC fees might be considerably less than others.

Quote Originally Posted by jesmann View Post
    I guess this also means we should also load up on the home brew apps who knows how many will graduate and become pay apps
    Or just support the developers of the Apps you use, so they make more. That is what I plan to do.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    There anyway to use a different credit card other than MC/Visa? Looks like Palm don't want me to be buying any apps. I don't get not accepting all forms of credit cards regardless of how much it costs. If the Ma/Pa diner can accept all forms of CC and still survive. Then a company like Palm sure as hell should.
    Quote Originally Posted by cabenn View Post
    There anyway to use a different credit card other than MC/Visa? Looks like Palm don't want me to be buying any apps.
    Read post #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpgeek87 View Post
    The new app catalog better be launched today...... I'm an impatient person. Plus they wanted the app catalog to be launched in september and they failed at doing that. If the problem is the number of apps developers are submitting then launch the friggin thing and add the new apps as we go along. NOT THAT HARD PALM
    lol. HEY PALM, YOU BETTER LAUNCH TODAY BECAUSE CPGEEK87 IS IMPATIENT!! And, since he's really smart and knows exactly how easy it is to launch an app store for a 4-month old platform.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenRD View Post
    Read post #41
    And I'm saying if they want my business they better get it straight. I'm not jumping through hoops buying prepaid CC to purchase apps.

Thankfully, I am still within my 30 day window here and I'm starting to realize the frustrations early.

Love the Pre, love precentral, no fan of sprint coverage, no fan of palms app store. The customer service at the sprint store was great and the phone support was ok. I had a dropped call with them and they actually called me back.
    Yeah but I'm faithful to Sprint. I'm not leaving just to get an Iphone and bs plan. Only problem I had with Palm was that they didn't let developers make apps right away.
    There anyway to use a different credit card other than MC/Visa? Looks like Palm don't want me to be buying any apps. I don't get not accepting all forms of credit cards regardless of how much it costs. If the Ma/Pa diner can accept all forms of CC and still survive. Then a company like Palm sure as hell should.
    You can't compare physically handing your card to a cashier in a diner to an online transaction. Merchant fees vary based on the type of card (amex is always the highest), how the card was run and your typically monthly volume. Physically swiping the card will usually result in a transaction fee under 10%. However, lets say you fax in a credit card authorization or call in your number or ever order it online....it can go up dramatically. The riskier the acceptance method, the higher the transaction fee. We stopped accepting Amex when the merchant fees went up to about 18% for non-swiped transactions. Considering our typical transaction runs about $100, giving merchant services $18 of that just cuts too deeply into profits.

I understand from the consumers perspective the desire to use any card they wish, but keep in mind theres always a flip side.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    OK, the way that URL shortened just made me bust out laughing.

first-paid...s-hit-tomorrow

Just wrong.
    LOL I just post the links Precentral does the rest.... Hummm could it be a sign guess we will have to wait till tomorrow to find out what kind of first paid...s..... we have
    People complaining about vendors who don't accept Amex, do realize that Amex charges twice as much of a percentage to vendors compared to Visa/Mastercard. Not to mention all the extra fees amex tags on to vendors to pay for all the Amex perks.
    And I'm saying if they want my business they better get it straight. I'm not jumping through hoops buying prepaid CC to purchase apps.

Thankfully, I am still within my 30 day window here and I'm starting to realize the frustrations early.

Love the Pre, love precentral, no fan of sprint coverage, no fan of palms app store. The customer service at the sprint store was great and the phone support was ok. I had a dropped call with them and they actually called me back.
    Yea that could be an issue but do you have a debit card? Also would it be worth giving up a phone which you "love?" I know that their app catalogue is lacking as far a means of pmt, but like others have described... maybe thats their way of keeping down the costs. At least lets hope so
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    Yea that could be an issue but do you have a debit card? Also would it be worth giving up a phone which you "love?" I know that their app catalogue is lacking as far a means of pmt, but like others have described... maybe thats their way of keeping down the costs. At least lets hope so
    Yep, I don't want to waste anymore time on this thread. Let's just hope for the best!

If Palm wants to even compete. They better start matching up against the competition.

Apple Store (U.S.)
    Yep, I don't want to waste anymore time on this thread. Let's just hope for the best!

If Palm wants to even compete. They better start matching up against the competition.

Apple Store (U.S.)
    I hear what you are getting at, yet, I personally would use a debit card. I think apple makes a great phone, but its not for me. Plus I do appreciate all the $ Im saving with Sprint.

Do what you have to do! Good Luck!
    Has anyone got paid apps displaying the App Store yet?

I thought they were coming in today (Oct 2nd)?
    Quote Originally Posted by hammy05 View Post
    Has anyone got paid apps displaying the App Store yet?

I thought they were coming in today (Oct 2nd)?
    Alas, the day it young and the rumor is not confirmed. Patience, young grass hopper.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    its not a matter of impatience but just yesterday they said paid apps would be available today via app store. Its better to not say it at all then if its not going to be.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    I hate rumors. It was also posted on Paid apps hitting the Pre tomorrow?

We'll probably get something later on the front page that says, "Apps Delayed due to......."
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast