1.    #1  
    You can control playback on a locked screen when using the Music app, but you can't do it with Pandora.

So, should Palm have released this feature? I'd rather not have a feature than having it work inconsistently. This is a step back in usability.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    It's because Pandora will need to be updated for this, and Palm doesn't write Pandora.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It's because Pandora will need to be updated for this, and Palm doesn't write Pandora.
    No. The proper way to do this is without requiring anyone to update.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    That's just not possible. Dashboard notifications are handled by a Javascript that is part of the application, and not globally, so in order to update the dashboard stage, the application has to be updated.
    I'm with you, the proper way for a building to be made is it's just there one day, that whole construction and physical limitation is just wrong. I mean as soon as computers were available every third world country and their dog had one, geeze.
  6.    #6  
    But the issue here is propagating the tap event to the dashboard, not what it does with it. Isn't this handled globally?
    But the issue here is propagating the tap event to the dashboard, not what it does with it. Isn't this handled globally?
    It may well be, but that particular dashboard still has to listen for it. The "tap through" should not be just a blanket touch on all dashboards as you may not want your dashboard for your particular app to work without unlocking the screen.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    It may well be, but that particular dashboard still has to listen for it. The "tap through" should not be just a blanket touch on all dashboards as you may not want your dashboard for your particular app to work without unlocking the screen.
    Sorry didn't see it until now.

That's a good point. But I'm wondering how Palm got their dashboard to work. Does it need to be aware now if it's under a screen lock?

Anyway, I was too hasty on this. I guess I'm just frustrated with other things about 1.2.