Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We just published a blog post on v2.0 Classic release - we received many questions on why Classic is not shown as v2.0 although HotSync is there (from the users that applied webOS 1.2 update).

Here's some details MotionApps: Classic v2.0 is on its way – almost there!

Stay tuned and let us know how Classic works for you after the update(s)
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  2. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update. Have you heard about the issue where classic seems to freeze and becomes unresponsive after 1.2?

If you open classic and leave it running and let the pre turn off.
    Then turn the pre back on and classic is now frozen and doesn't respond to button presses. You have to close the app and relaunch.

Also is there any information on how to get the wifi sync setup?
    I played with it a little last night, but could not get it to connect to my pc.
    I wasn't sure if it was a security problem in my network or some setup issue on the pre or classic. Do we need to enable port forwarding, etc for this to work?

Thanks.
  3.    #3  
    Cap,

We received one similar report so far, and are trying to determine what caused this for a user. As soon as we have progress on this, we’ll post here.

Check out the HotSync via Wi-Fi setup at MotionApps: HotSync in Classic – video preview

If you’re not able to set this up, it could be network related. Let us know if video helped.
    Follow us on Twitter

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I was able to get Classic to sync with wifi last night. I have Windows 7 and installed the latest palm desktop software on the pc. It asked if I wanted to allow wifi for public access or just home access. I selected home access only. I then hit hotsync on the pre and typed in the name of the PC and it failed. I switched to the IP address of the PC and it worked immediately. Then it changed the IP to the name of the PC on the pre. It worked to sync Ewallet. It took a couple of tries. I also installed audible over the hotsync and it worked fine. I couldn't sync the books over hotsync though. I just copied the books over using usb mode on the pre.

Make sure you are using WIFI on the pre to attach to your home network and that your PC is on the same network.
    Treo 300, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700P, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, HTC Mogul, Motorola Q9c, HTC Advantage, Treo 800w, Touch Pro, Treo Pro, Touch Diamond, Palm Pre, Touch Pro 2, and Palm Pre
    I am having the same problem with Classic freezing. I use it daily at work!!! PLEASE address this bug as soon as possible! Thanks!
  6.    #6  
    we're trying to see what could have caused this for you guys. Still did not label this as "bug" (we don't seem to be able to recreate it), but are with you on this.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hello all,

Exciting times.... as mentioned above, I was able to get Hotsync to work last night within Classic using WiFi. I'm waiting to get back to my computer in New York so that I can try it out with Ultrasoft Money.

Also as mentioned above, I was able to recreate the freeze bug which seems to be a new thing - If I leave a Classic card open, turn off my Palm Pre and then turn it back on several minutes later, none of the buttons within the card work. I have to close the card and reopen it.

Thanks for the great work, Classic folks! Now, I need to go pester Ultrasoft and convince them to release a webOS version of their programme

By the way, Classic, you mentioned in your blog today that Classic version 2.0 would have a new user interface.... sounds quite intriguing? Any screen-shots?
    Quote Originally Posted by AsimAbbasi View Post
    Hello all,

Exciting times.... as mentioned above, I was able to get Hotsync to work last night within Classic using WiFi. I'm waiting to get back to my computer in New York so that I can try it out with Ultrasoft Money.

Also as mentioned above, I was able to recreate the freeze bug which seems to be a new thing - If I leave a Classic card open, turn off my Palm Pre and then turn it back on several minutes later, none of the buttons within the card work. I have to close the card and reopen it.

Thanks for the great work, Classic folks! Now, I need to go pester Ultrasoft and convince them to release a webOS version of their programme

By the way, Classic, you mentioned in your blog today that Classic version 2.0 would have a new user interface.... sounds quite intriguing? Any screen-shots?

do you mean power down the phone, or just turn of the screen with the power button.

right now I haven't had the problem, but seeing as i use the phone incessently, maybe i haven't let it rest long enough.

also I never power it off, just hit the power button to turn the screen off.
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    do you mean power down the phone, or just turn of the screen with the power button.

right now I haven't had the problem, but seeing as i use the phone incessently, maybe i haven't let it rest long enough.

also I never power it off, just hit the power button to turn the screen off.
    It happens when I just turn off the screen with the power button. Don't forget that when you power off, it closes down all your cards/apps anyway.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote from Motion Apps Classic Site: However, the full update (including new user interface and more goodies in terms of new features) is not outhere yet- we are waiting on Mojo part release.

By any chance, does "new user interface" mean more screen real estate? I hope, I hope, I hope....if not, let me down easy.
    I've noticed that it only occurs when your Pre turns off the LCD (it's not when you power off the phone) and then sits off for a time. If you turn it right back on, it's fine. I hope this helps you guys recreate the problem.

BTW I am also intrigued in the new user interface... Care to share some juicy details?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I'd like to see an interface that can be skinned, so you can change the look of it on the fly. Then Motionapps could provide some "default" skins that would look like the current one, or the Treo's/Centro's buttons, or even cooler, the buttons from an old Palm Pilot. People could make up their own themes and submit them to the company for a theme gallery. That would be cool.
  13.    #13  
    guys, UI is not new in terms that it looks differently than what you are used to with Classic (were used to with Treo/Centro). It will reflect the Mojo part update, in terms of menu options and such.

Don't get disappointed, we do not have much choice regarding UI (emulation is a tricky game to play), but we believe there will be some menu option you'll like.

(just to assure you that our dev team read your posts, and when we know what you want, then we'll do our best...you know the story about the good developer?)
    Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    we're trying to see what could have caused this for you guys. Still did not label this as "bug" (we don't seem to be able to recreate it), but are with you on this.

Just posted on how to recreate, and, for the short term, fix it.

http://forums.precentral.net/1932105-post27.html
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    aha! So I -wasnt- crazy and couldn't hotsync before yesterday. Thought I had missed something. My Pocket quicken loves you.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
    It asked if I wanted to allow wifi for public access or just home access. I selected home access only.
    What version did you use that asked you about wifi? The one I downloaded did not give me that option. TIA
    Classic freezes if let my phone sleep for a few minutes. This has made Classic nearly unusable for me due to the long startup and being unable to save position/data in the app I am using if it freezes.

I have tried turning off all extra options like turbo/sound/alarm and nothing fixes the problem. I wish I could get back to the old Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by retrobits View Post
    Classic freezes if let my phone sleep for a few minutes. This has made Classic nearly unusable for me due to the long startup and being unable to save position/data in the app I am using if it freezes.

I have tried turning off all extra options like turbo/sound/alarm and nothing fixes the problem. I wish I could get back to the old Classic.
    dang, are you sure the alarms are off? Safe dosen't turn them off automatically, seems you have to close out the app for the change to happen?

sorry my lil fix isn't working for you
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    dang, are you sure the alarms are off? Safe dosen't turn them off automatically, seems you have to close out the app for the change to happen?

sorry my lil fix isn't working for you
    I never had turned Alarms on since I installed Classic (I had turned on Turbo and Sound a few times). Anyhow, after reading your post I decided to make sure Turbo and Sound were off, then turn on Alarms and restart Classic, then turn Alarms off and restart Classic. Still no luck on the fix. I did notice that I needed to leave my phone asleep for approx 5-10 minutes for Classic to freeze.
  20.    #20  
    @windzilla: thanks for sharing this workaround with the rest of community – everyone that tried it and responded back with results is of great help in terms of us understanding the issue (we do have a theory, and a possible fix, working on confirming before we update you)
    Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast