1.    #1  
    Anyone use classic anymore?

I still use it for epocrates and skyscape software heavily.

I've noticed after upgrading to webOS 1.2 the following: While I'm at work, I keep classic open in the background so that I can refer to it quickly and easily. After upgrading to 1.2, I've noticed that classic does not respond (frozen) after the screen is turned back on again. Classic works perfectly fine (and even loads up faster)...until the screen is turned off, then turned back on again. I have to resort to flicking away Classic, restarting it, adn it will work again but its annoying not to be able to do what I once was able to do. Anyone else having the same experience? I hope classic fixes this FAST.
  2. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Yeah I've noticed this as well.

I didn't play with it enough to see that it was related to the pre screen lock turning on though.

I thought maybe it was a problem with the card being open and unused a certain amount of time, but your idea sounds more likely.

I agree it is very frustrating. Maybe the version 2.0 classic will fix it.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Not only classic but Pocket Mirror is not working for me also. I'm sure fixes are coming (hopefully soon)
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillen_i30 View Post
    Anyone use classic anymore?

I still use it for epocrates and skyscape software heavily.

I've noticed after upgrading to webOS 1.2 the following: While I'm at work, I keep classic open in the background so that I can refer to it quickly and easily. After upgrading to 1.2, I've noticed that classic does not respond (frozen) after the screen is turned back on again. Classic works perfectly fine (and even loads up faster)...until the screen is turned off, then turned back on again. I have to resort to flicking away Classic, restarting it, adn it will work again but its annoying not to be able to do what I once was able to do. Anyone else having the same experience? I hope classic fixes this FAST.
    I have experienced the same issue and posted my thoughts here:

http://forums.precentral.net/officia...ml#post1932177

Utimately I had to do a hard reset within classic to get it to work again.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    if you have the turbo or sound or notificarions on, turn them off. The problem started for me when I turned all of them on, and stopped when I turned all of them off. I use epocrates similarly so I know how this feels
    Even with all sounds and notifications turned off Epocrates fails under Classic 2.0 and also WebOs 1.2.1 This is a real deal breaker for me. If not fixed soon, I am seriously considering taking the Pre back to Sprint and paying the termination fees and going to the IPhone. I just hate being the crash test dummy for software developers and phone manufacturers. I would estimate that I use Epocrates at a MINIMUM of 12-14 times in a clinical shift. I simply cannot be without it.
    Have you updated Classis to 2.0 it works fine for me and even has a bundle package of software now.
    Guys, we’ll be testing Epocrates on our side as well. The progress and results will be posted here.

It is possible that the transition to v2.0 has not been completed yet and the issue will be resolved with the complete update.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Yeah...classic has become pretty well useless since webos 1.2 for me. Can't even hotsync w/o it locking/freezing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    Guys, we’ll be testing Epocrates on our side as well. The progress and results will be posted here.

It is possible that the transition to v2.0 has not been completed yet and the issue will be resolved with the complete update.
    Right now Epocrates shows one method for the Pre but other posts on this forum suggest that you can use Hotsync to install. None seem to work. Can you please get with your compatriots at Epocrates and come up with a unified approach to how to do this. It is incredibly frustrating to get so many bits of misinformation. I frankly do not have the time to troubleshoot . This is a major problem for those who rely on Epocrates.

Regards,

Jim