Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've found that after the 1.2 update, Classic is completely unusable. First, it wiped out the hotsync ID. Well, that was easy to fix, but annoying. I just typed it in again.

But much more seriously, the virtual card seems to disappear. It seems to be there when you first start it, but then shortly after you start using Classic, it becomes unusable.
    Can you please start Classic and then tap on Card Info icon? Make a screenshot of what you see there and send it to us. We’ll get back to you on this ASAP.

(To make a screenshot, press P + Orange + Sym – try this particular order, so that you don’t get pop-ups in Classic)
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have several screen shots. How would you like me to send them?
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have several screen shots. How would you like me to send them?
    Feel free to send them to support@motionapps.com
    Follow us on Twitter

Oh, and thanks!
    Follow us on Twitter

6.    #6  
    On the way... I'll make the subject "Classic broken after 1.2!!!!"
    Cool - we'll post our feedback as soon as dev team takes a look at screenshots
    Follow us on Twitter

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Hi. I'm also having an issue with the virtual SD card. I use Resco Backup (and have had no real problem with it) to backup to the VSD card.

It now reports - "The project uses another card than the one that is currently inserted."

My Card Info and the launcher, now report the card name as "Virtual Card". I believe it used to show a different name.

Regards,

-JerryG

PS - I've seen the card disappear before, under 1.1, but a restart of Classic would restore its presence.
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    Cool - we'll post our feedback as soon as dev team takes a look at screenshots
    OK, I just sent a message to support with a description and three screen shots.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Hi. I'm also having an issue with the virtual SD card. I use Resco Backup (and have had no real problem with it) to backup to the VSD card.

It now reports - "The project uses another card than the one that is currently inserted."

My Card Info and the launcher, now report the card name as "Virtual Card". I believe it used to show a different name.

Regards,

-JerryG

PS - I've seen the card disappear before, under 1.1, but a restart of Classic would restore its presence.
    Thanks, JerryG. Good to know I'm not the only one. I used Classic a lot, but never saw the card disappear before.

Yes, I believe it used to be called "Internal"

Now, when the card disappears, it comes back with a reset, but then just disappears again.

-Roland (RJKinsman)
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I've also found that Classic will freeze after I switch to another card.

1) Load Classic
    2) Do something, works OK.
    3) Minimize/switch to another card
    4) Do some other stuff
    5) Turn off screen
    6) Turn the Pre on and go to Classic, time on the Launcher screen, shows the time it hung up...

This is repeatable...

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Guys, thanks - we're on it, going through your reports and trying to recreate the issue

(RE card name: this is normal behavior – in v2.0 Classic names the card “Virtual Card”, and yes, it used to be named “Internal” previously)
    Follow us on Twitter

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Thanks, JerryG. Good to know I'm not the only one. I used Classic a lot, but never saw the card disappear before.

Yes, I believe it used to be called "Internal"

Now, when the card disappears, it comes back with a reset, but then just disappears again.

-Roland (RJKinsman)
    Roland - you're/welcome/thanks, "Internal" seems to ring a bell...

Now, I'm having a slightly larger problem, though...

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    Guys, thanks - we're on it, going through your reports and trying to recreate the issue

(RE card name: this is normal behavior – in v2.0 Classic names the card “Virtual Card”, and yes, it used to be named “Internal” previously)
    Thanks for the (really) quick update!

Cheers,

-JerryG
    Not sure about Resco backup but with BackupBuddy VFS the fix is easy. All you do is run BackupBuddy VFS from the Virtual Card and it runs like its the first time you have ever run it and then it runs just fine.

Now I just have to get HotSync working!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Not sure about Resco backup but with BackupBuddy VFS the fix is easy. All you do is run BackupBuddy VFS from the Virtual Card and it runs like its the first time you have ever run it and then it runs just fine.

Thanks. I can run it, but can't update my previous backups.

More important is finding out why Classic is locking up on me...

Cheers,

-JerryG
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post

Here's some useful demos:

MotionApps: HotSync in Classic – video preview

MotionApps: Classic HotSync via Bluetooth connection – now that’s a choice!
    Follow us on Twitter

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    So far....after applying 1.2 Classic is working fine for me and VC is there.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Ditto on this problem reported by JerryG - though the time on the Launcher screen stays up to date for me. Classic just freezes.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    I've also found that Classic will freeze after I switch to another card.

1) Load Classic
    2) Do something, works OK.
    3) Minimize/switch to another card
    4) Do some other stuff
    5) Turn off screen
    6) Turn the Pre on and go to Classic, time on the Launcher screen, shows the time it hung up...

This is repeatable...

-JerryG
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Some issues I've seen:
    Classic may freeze after the screen goes off and you "wake up" the device
    HotSync will break if the screen is allowed to go off while in the middle of a sync
    "Successful" hotsync will error when trying to back up media, so you need to uncheck "Media" in the hotsync's configuration (under "Applications") to aviod error popups.

Good things:
    Hotsync, after some tweaking, works very well and very fast
    Emulator seems faster overall
    Motionapps seems to be really listening to the people and moving in the right direction for the legacy Palm solution on the Pre. I can't wait for full version 2.0. I know a lot of people complained about the $30 price tag but for me, it's like I'm getting a whole new device for less than half the price of a Centro (with plan), and it runs faster than my wife's brand new Centro. The $30 is well worth it, especially since I'm seeing that money going to a company who is constantly striving to improve their product.
    Last edited by davim00; 09/29/2009 at 01:30 PM.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast