Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Well, I tried the step-by-step listed above, but still no luck with wifi hotsync. I also removed and reinstalled PalmDesktop/hotsync manager, and moved all my old treo files. Still no worky. Is it possible there is a problem with my network settings in Classic, or on the Pre itself? I only have one program installed on Classic (Ailine Pilot's Daily Log). I have also rooted my pre, and have a few webOSinternals patches installed. None I can think of that would affect network. I also have MyTether installed.

Here is my ifconfig:
    bsl0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:1D:FE:33:E2:00
    inet addr:10.1.1.10 Bcast:10.1.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
    UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
    RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:500
    RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:1D:FE:9D:65:B8
    inet addr:192.168.0.16 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
    RX packets:91 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:55 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
    RX bytes:9954 (9.7 KiB) TX bytes:5837 (5.7 KiB)

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
    inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
    UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
    RX packets:18403 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:18403 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
    RX bytes:2110369 (2.0 MiB) TX bytes:2110369 (2.0 MiB)

ppp0 Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol
    inet addr:173.113.80.226 P-t-P:68.28.89.69 Mask:255.255.255.255
    UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST MTU:1480 Metric:1
    RX packets:33 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:27 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:3
    RX bytes:5036 (4.9 KiB) TX bytes:2166 (2.1 KiB)

usb0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 66:A3:30:BA:96:2D
    inet addr:192.168.0.202 Bcast:0.0.0.0 Mask:255.255.255.0
    RX packets:176 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
    RX bytes:27782 (27.1 KiB) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

usb0:1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 66:A3:30:BA:96:2D
    inet addr:192.168.2.101 Bcast:0.0.0.0 Mask:255.255.255.0
    Any other information that would be helpful to troubleshooting?
    @jp99: it’s good to hear that Classic’s more stabile. Thanks for letting us know of the software you’re running in the emulator – it helps with the hunt.
    Frustrating? Well, let’s use term “challenging”…(frustration is not good for software troubleshooting, if you know what we mean)

@deerewright: some of you guys are dangerous!
    We’ll get someone to take a look at this, hopefully they’ll be able to determine what’s the cause in your case. The thing is, for each user there could be a different cause: internal network, firewalls, missing some setting etc.

We’ll try to cover as many things in the tutorial, at least everything we know that should be considered/covered on Classic’s side.

@rpankoe: the tutorial might help with this error you get, but if the sync is successful (regardless of this message), then just ignore it for now. We’ll try to help you get “rid of it“
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Followed all the directions, and still cannot hotsync.
    I installed zlauncher under webOS 1.1 with no problem. Now under webOS 1.2, the app won't even start. I have tried numerous times with different versions of the program including the version that mobihand is selling. None of them work for me.

I reset my Pre with webOS Doctor back to a pristine state removing all home apps/patches and it still isn't working.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Now having installed WebOS 1.21, the "freeze after sleep" and "freeze after hotsync" issues are gone. Cool! No more messing with Airplane mode. Intentional or not, at least on my phone both problems are gone. How about it guys?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    actually, I'm gettig lots of freezes now that I webdoctored mine (1.2) and upgraded to 1.2.1
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Disabled Backup did not change anything, still froze and got 6410 errors.

Created a Pre account and turned off all but essential conduits and after several attempts and 6410 errors it "appears" to be syncing. Need to hold my breath each time I hotsync. At this point I am going to wait and see how it goes. Hopefully Classic 2 will address these issues

There is supposed to be a tutorial coming and explanation of 6410 and other errors and how to avoid them. There's got to be a better way for people to migate apps/data from a Palm device to Classic.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jingles View Post
    I installed zlauncher under webOS 1.1 with no problem. Now under webOS 1.2, the app won't even start. I have tried numerous times with different versions of the program including the version that mobihand is selling. None of them work for me.
    Is zlauncher Classic Certified?

Some apps will not run properly, or won't run at all, in Classic.
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I've found that since updating to 1.2.1, I don't have to enable Airplane Mode to start Classic... - Oh, wait, I only have two thumbs, er, never mind...

Keeping working on the VirtualCard issue, but it seems better under 1.2.1.

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I had the same freezing problems others reported. However, after the first day, no more freezing. Perhaps the update from Palm was programmed to continue to update some files during periods of inactivity by the user, so as to make the update appear to finish faster. In theory, this would inconvenience the user less, but the implementation seems to have backfired. Hence, the behavior described by some: after awakening the Pre, they found it frozen (because the update was finalizing the updates). If this is the explanation, then the solution is to give it some time and let the updates finish running. Uninstalling and reinstalling apps, turning airplane mode on and off again, and using webOS Doctor could all be counter-productive, and interfere with the processing of the updates.

As I said, just a theory.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Hi. Good morning. On another (positive) note, I've also found, that after the update to WebOS 1.2.1, I can use 4cast again. Something changed in the network stack? Hmmm....

Also I've not had a VirtualCard disappearance incident since the update.

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Hi. Good morning. On another (positive) note, I've also found, that after the update to WebOS 1.2.1, I can use 4cast again. Something changed in the network stack? Hmmm....

Also I've not had a VirtualCard disappearance incident since the update.

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Good news for starting a new week. Thanks Jerry.

Good morning.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I have Pre hotsync (Wifi) account and a Treo hotsync (USB) account (since I cannot sync my Pre in Classic to my Treo account), is there a way I can share my Palm Desktop data with both accounts (Contacts Calendar Todo and Memos)
    Mojo addition to 2.0 tonight seems to have fixed the freezing problem, at least for me. Cool new features (Reset! Download Free Apps! Full screen 320x320, to fix navigation issues!). Now trying to find Bluetooth. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I've given up trying to get Audible to play on Classic. I tried all of the suggestions (No-doze, airplane mode, etc.) and none of them worked. Audible still kept freezing after a couple of minutes. I hoped that 2.0 would help, but it didn't - still freezing.

So, I went the mp3 route. I use Sound Taxi to convert the Audible .aa file to mp3 (takes several hours for a whole book). Then I downloaded Music Player (Remix) and use it to play my audio book. It works great - it has a scrubber and it save my place when I close it. I can even use my Bluetooth.

I really tried to make Classic work for Audible, but couldn't use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    @retrobits

Thank you for elaborating, we understood that you’re not seeing the same BSOD as before, but were not sure about the rest of you report.

From developers: your opinion on this is absolutely valid, and we would never allow for this kind of app behavior on purpose.

We actually improved previous BSOD in v2.0 in terms that it is more informative and otherwise more functional.

However, given the fact that transition to v2.0 is not completed yet (details at MotionApps: Classic v2.0 is on its way – almost there!), you are seeing “freezing” instead of the improvements (the actual new BSOD is coming to you with Mojo part update)

Hope you will like new BSOD (actually… hope you’ll never get a chance see it)
    Just tested the new 2.0 w/ Mojo update. Using my repro techniques described for ereader earlier in this thread I am still seeing a freeze in the new Classic when it crashes rather than the BSOD.

EDIT: My mistake, restarted my Pre and now I am getting the extended error screen as promised. Very nice work MotionApps!
    Last edited by retrobits; 10/05/2009 at 10:30 PM.
    I use (heavily) classic in order to get at my medical software/references & since the 1.2 & 1.21 updates, I cannot access my iSilo books. The program opens & shows me the categories of books that I've created & the lists within them, but tapping on any of them gives the error: DOCUMENT MISSING "The document is one the volume labeled "Internal". Insert the volume & then try the operation again."

Please help. I got this phone b/c I've been a palm supporter for years & I've been collecting palm software that I use at work. These programs not only cost a lot of money, but they're not replaceable (at least not yet).

I's appreciate anyone who has any insight into this problem. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by previti View Post
    I use (heavily) classic in order to get at my medical software/references & since the 1.2 & 1.21 updates, I cannot access my iSilo books. The program opens & shows me the categories of books that I've created & the lists within them, but tapping on any of them gives the error: DOCUMENT MISSING "The document is one the volume labeled "Internal". Insert the volume & then try the operation again."
    I've been running iSilo 4.40 (registered) for months now and now on 1.21. All my documents are on [Internal Storage]. The largest is 8MB. When the documents were on VirtualCard, I had errors exactly as you describe (this was before 1.2). I don't know why your setup is having problems after 1.21, but I can at least verify that iSilo is very stable here with a 8MB document (DRM'd too). Never have seen an error due to [Internal Storage].
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by previti View Post

Please help. I got this phone b/c I've been a palm supporter for years & I've been collecting palm software that I use at work. These programs not only cost a lot of money, but they're not replaceable (at least not yet).

I's appreciate anyone who has any insight into this problem. Thank you.
    I don't have this program, but with Classic 1.x, the virtual memory card was called "Internal", under 2.0 it's called VirtualCard. Perhaps you need to change this in iSilo's preference panel?

HTH,
    -JerryG
    All,

This is incredibly frustrating and to the extent that I am about to take the Palm Pre BACK to Sprint, pay my money and get out of my contract! To start with the WebOS 1.2 and 1.2.1 seemed to stop OTA updates of Epocrates under Classic 1.X Yesterday I upgraded to Classic 2.0 and all I get is the same fatal error message that others get followed by closure of Classic. Any attempt to do an OTA update resulted in the error screen. This error persisted under both Safe mode and normal mode with sound and other extras turned off

Thinking that something became corrupted with Classic 2.0 and Epocrates I deleted Epocrates and downloaded a fresh copy to Classic 2.0. Now it appears that Epocrates will try to install and then hang at the same fatal error and I am now unable to install it. This is absolutely crazy and I cannot be without Epocrates. Something changed in Classic 2.0 that has made this valuable program useless. Does the Classic representative here have any suggestions regarding this. I will cut and paste this in the Epocrates forum as well.

Regards,

Jim
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast