Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    I tried it, and it did not eliminate the disappearing expansion card. I did exactly that procedure, and the expansion card ("VirtualCard") becomes unavailable after a few minutes.
    I had a similar problem under 1.1, but the card stayed there for me at least 90% of the time. Go figure.

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    @Classic -

I'm wondering if perhaps the network stack in Classic, is being initialized too early on some Pre's. Can you introduce a delay there, maybe throw in a couple of million NOPs or something?

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    @Classic -

I'm wondering if perhaps the network stack in Classic, is being initialized too early on some Pre's. Can you introduce a delay there, maybe throw in a couple of million NOPs or something?

Regards,
    -JerryG
    JerryG, now you just sound scary.

The *devil* is however somewhere else. And we're getting to it!

Regards to you from the team!
    (all the engagement you guys are putting into working with us on this... respect!)
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    JerryG, now you just sound scary.

The *devil* is however somewhere else. And we're getting to it!

Regards to you from the team!
    (all the engagement you guys are putting into working with us on this... respect!)
    Scary? Good, I guess going to Control Data finally paid off!

OK, how about just 1 million NOPs? Or, maybe some schnapps?

Yeah, that sounds better...

Glad to be of assistance. Hello back at all of ya!

Cheers,
    -JerryG

PS - Any chance my squared-off D-pad gonna be in 2.0?
    Another thing I noticed about the freezing (unresponsive Classic UI) is that its also the new "blue screen of death". When I do things that used to create the BSOD in the old Classic (such as choose the Options->Color menu in eReader), now instead it just freezes. I think this is important to note in looking at issues, because if I'm right on this, the "freezing behavior" can be caused by many things.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I get this mesage when I try to hotsync. Desktop quits after a couple of minutes and log has the error message. It also says something about more sd cards than expected.

Has network time been fixed. When I go to World Clock in Classic and go to Time Calculator the default is GMT-4 and will not hold any changes.

For the intial hotsync shoul all sideloaded apps/data be removed first?

Thanks

P.S. No freezing or lockups when waking up Pre
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Tried the turn on Airplane mode, open Classic, turn off Airplane mode and it didn't help. The main reason I got Classic was to listen to Audible books (I know it is not certified). Before 1.2 Audible wasn't great (stuttering and crashes) but I could listen to books fairly well. Now, it plays for about 3-4 min. and then freezes. Listening to a book in 3-4 min. segments is a real bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    Tried the turn on Airplane mode, open Classic, turn off Airplane mode and it didn't help. The main reason I got Classic was to listen to Audible books (I know it is not certified). Before 1.2 Audible wasn't great (stuttering and crashes) but I could listen to books fairly well. Now, it plays for about 3-4 min. and then freezes. Listening to a book in 3-4 min. segments is a real bummer.
    I remember reading in one of the threads here that the homebrew app "NoDoze" can be a workaround this problem. Basically the freeze in Audible seems to be related to the sleep timeout, which NoDoze effectively eliminates.

EDIT: (after going back to find the original post) oops, I see you already tried that...
    Last edited by retrobits; 09/30/2009 at 10:08 PM.
    Just tried the network hotsync and its working. After about six hotsyncs tonight, it froze about 50% of the time right at the end, and then I needed to restart Classic. Other than that, I am happy to report that I am sync'ing data over wifi!
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by retrobits View Post
    I remember reading in one of the threads here that the homebrew app "NoDoze" can be a workaround this problem. Basically the freeze in Audible seems to be related to the sleep timeout, which NoDoze effectively eliminates.

EDIT: (after going back to find the original post) oops, I see you already tried that...
    I'm the one whose Audible/Classic was fixed by nodoze. I still wonder why none of the posts or Classic folks seem to be talking about battery power vs USB. I am absolutely certain that even before this separate 1.2 issue there was something in the difference between the two that made Audible/Classic stutter on battery but not when plugged in.

No stake in the answer. Just hoping to help isolate the problem.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Good morning!

What’s the status of “freezing issue” for you guys?

If you’re experiencing it, pls post it here (if you have time for a short description, we appreciate it).
    If not, which of the workarounds you applied (if any)?

We are currently in the process of testing few scenarios to confirm the cause (which is why we would love to hear from you too), and then to provide you with feedback.
    Follow us on Twitter

Scary? Good, I guess going to Control Data finally paid off!

OK, how about just 1 million NOPs? Or, maybe some schnapps?

Yeah, that sounds better...
    The schnapps suggestion is the first scenario we tried (obviously), but please, do not apply it on your side JUST YET. We need to confirm this first

LOL
    Follow us on Twitter

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Good morning!

If you’re experiencing it, pls post it here (if you have time for a short description, we appreciate it).

We are currently in the process of testing few scenarios to confirm the cause (which is why we would love to hear from you too), and then to provide you with feedback.
    Good morning. Classic is still running OK since I restarted it with AM=ON.

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Good morning!

Yes, "freezing due to sleep timeout" behavior is gone if Classic is started with Airplane on.

There are lots of other freezing scenarios going on though. What do your devs say about the BSOD going away? Was that intentional to just freeze the emulator whenever there is an error?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Well, since Classic has been stable for me since the Professor discovered the Airplane Mode workaround (YMMV), I decided to try running Resco Backup (which I'd been using with no troubles).

When I looked at my backup sets, it showed me one set from July (I keep 3 (???)), apparently from one of those times when I couldn't properly see the "internal"/virtual SD card (which would show up properly upon restarting Classic).

Checked with TealDoc and can't see any of my documents on the card.

Restarted Classic (AM=ON), I can now see my docs, and the 3 backup sets from the end of September. Updated the oldest backup set. Set AM=OFF, everything appears OK now.

Checked 15 minutes later, still OK. Will update if any further problems noted.

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Quote Originally Posted by retrobits View Post
    Yes, "freezing due to sleep timeout" behavior is gone if Classic is started with Airplane on.

There are lots of other freezing scenarios going on though. What do your devs say about the BSOD going away? Was that intentional to just freeze the emulator whenever there is an error?

Thanks for checking in with good news.

Could you please "elaborate" on BSOD question? When you say BSOD went away - what do you mean by that? And please let us know where those "freezing scenarios" occur.
    Follow us on Twitter

Well, since Classic has been stable for me since the Professor discovered the Airplane Mode workaround (YMMV), I decided to try running Resco Backup (which I'd been using with no troubles).

When I looked at my backup sets, it showed me one set from July (I keep 3 (???)), apparently from one of those times when I couldn't properly see the "internal"/virtual SD card (which would show up properly upon restarting Classic).

Checked with TealDoc and can't see any of my documents on the card.

Restarted Classic (AM=ON), I can now see my docs, and the 3 backup sets from the end of September. Updated the oldest backup set. Set AM=OFF, everything appears OK now.

Checked 15 minutes later, still OK. Will update if any further problems noted.

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Q from dev team: which apps do you have installed in Classic?

(we have a support thread with RJKinsman, and would like to include your reports too, as sort of "control group")
    Follow us on Twitter

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts

(we have a support thread with RJKinsman, and would like to include your reports too, as sort of "control group")
    Hi. I'll try to generate the list later today. Feeling a bit under the weather, and may leave work early.

Cheers,
    -JerryG

dunno if mine would be useful but the only app i have installed is epocrates essentials. I have only had the freeze thing happen when I used the turbo modes sound and alerts. even with them on, it seems like sometimes it freezes, and sometimes it doesn't
  20.    #80  
    My problem is not so much with Classic freezing, but more with the expansion card ("VirtualCard") disappearing.

I think I'm having the "classic" (so to speak) Palm OS problem of the expansion card spontaneously dismounting. There are many many threads on this in the Treocentral forums.

I'm planning to backup my data, do a hard reset, and then add things back in one at a time. Hopefully that will resolve the problem. I hope to do that project tonight after work.

Speaking of work, I should get back to my day job!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast