Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Confirmed: just turned on WiFi and cell data each separately and together. Classic froze on launch each time. Turned off both: launched without a problem. Did not Safe Reset any of those times; just closed Classic card. {Jonathan}
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Here's an interesting data point: just turned on Airplane Mode and put Classic through its paces. Many apps, different cards: no freeze. Turned off Airplane Mode, back through Classic; poof, freeze. Wonder if the problem is tied to some background networking element? Can anyone else duplicate this? {Jonathan}
    trying it now
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    trying it now
    Sadly, no, airplane didn't change anything. Turned on airplane mode, started using classic, expansiom card became inaccesible after about two minutes. I was using Brainforest and Documents ToGo V8.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    hm....

guys?
    I'm here...

Airplane Mode = ON
    Start Classic, has run fine for awhile, no issue. FWIW, I'm running in Normal mode, as opposed to my usual Safe mode.
    Airplane Mode = OFF
    Classic still open from before, went back to it with no problem.
    Will update later...

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    hm....

guys?
    Airplane mode on or off has no apparent effect in my testing this morning. I am testing for the "Classic freezes after several minutes of phone sleeping" problem.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Hmm, more bullets from the smoking gun, sheriff?

Tried to get the weather via 4cast (yes, I know it's not certified, but it worked under 1.1 with no trouble). Result = blank white screen (above the Classic virtual buttons).

Exit Classic, restart with Airplane Mode = OFF (normal mode)
    Classic frozen with the same white screen.

Turn AM to ON, Classic starts OK
    Turn AM to OFF
    Classic still running, switch to another card.
    Check mail, check web (notice browser refresh seems faster).
    Check Classic, still good.
    Put on TouchStone, "clocklock" mode.
    Come back a few minutes later, still good.
    Tried a few other apps, no problem, Bejeweled still works nicely...

HTH,
    -JerryG

EDIT: We are getting some highly variable results here... how odd.
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    EDIT: We are getting some highly variable results here... how odd.
    Yep. Keeping us very busy.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Yeah, I noticed my HotSync ID was also wiped after upgrading to 1.2.0, but resetting it fixed those apps that depended on it...
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxpower View Post
    Yeah, I noticed my HotSync ID was also wiped after upgrading to 1.2.0, but resetting it fixed those apps that depended on it...
    This is expected behavior - system updates like the one you're applying/applied, together with Classic update, override the saved HotSync ID.

And BTW, tuxpower, you just became "the favorite username ever" of all of us here at MotionApps.

Cheers!
    Follow us on Twitter

classic,

are you able to reproduce the freezes yet? just wondering how its going on your end. personally, and thankfully, my classic remains functional for me at this time, and with various turbo/alerts/sounds off.

also wondering if this is more of a two stage roll-out for updates
    IE the WebOS 1.2 included certain feature upgrades, but the second half is coming in a more traditional(?) app specific update, and weather this might fix some things?
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    classic,

are you able to reproduce the freezes yet? just wondering how its going on your end. personally, and thankfully, my classic remains functional for me at this time, and with various turbo/alerts/sounds off.

also wondering if this is more of a two stage roll-out for updates
    IE the WebOS 1.2 included certain feature upgrades, but the second half is coming in a more traditional(?) app specific update, and weather this might fix some things?

No freezes on our side yet, but there are users reporting it, and some users like yourself do not have this issue (?)

Kudos to the way you're thinking about this, must admit that we're somewhere on that path ourselves.

Either way, we'll get this right for you guys.
    Follow us on Twitter

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    OK. Just came back from running an errand.

While I was out, used the following apps (in no particular order) -

Music Player Remixed
    Google Maps
    Splash ID
    PDA SafeID (in Classic)
    Mail

NO problems with Classic, still going. Seems like starting up in Airplane Mode helps...

Cheers,
    -JerryG

PS - seeing an earlier post, I'd guess you'll like the background I use most of the time on my Pre...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    O

PS - seeing an earlier post, I'd guess you'll like the background I use most of the time on my Pre...
    Yes, trying to "catch" a pattern is what requires this approach. Thanks J
    Follow us on Twitter

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Just to add to your bug report list...

I only run Airline Pilot Daily Logbook in Classic (which I know is not certified, but has never had any issues).

The card and program opens fine and continues to run fine until the screen shuts off. I am able to minimize the card and do other stuff on the Pre and then go back to the Classic card and still make inputs. However, as soon as the screen shuts off (even if I turn it back on right away, before it goes into lock mode) I am unable to register any touches on the Classic card.

Normally I am am able to swipe off the Classic card and reopen it and then have no problems. However, one time it froze the entire phone and I had to pull the battery as the power button wasn't even working.

Thanks for being so proactive in bug hunting with this!
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Having the same "freeze" issue here, running DocsToGo, and or, 4Cast.

Wi-Fi Hotsync worked pretty well - can't install to card or sync media - but, once I unchecked those items everything sync'd just fine. Nice to have my Centro running as a card within webOS. ;-)
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Cannot get HotSync to work, but I have no problems with freezing.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Did have a freezing episode when switching betweens apps while classic was loading. Would also like to know if there is a way to delete a computer from the hotsync connections that I accidentally mis-typed and now it's saved in there..
    Quote Originally Posted by retrobits View Post
    Airplane mode on or off has no apparent effect in my testing this morning. I am testing for the "Classic freezes after several minutes of phone sleeping" problem.
    UPDATE: After more fiddling and testing, I've found that Airplane mode *does* provide a suitable workaround (thanks JerryG)
    here are the steps that work for me:

1. Close Classic if its open
    2. Turn on Airplane Mode
    3. Wait until you see the Airplane icon in the top right corner of the screen
    4. Start Classic
    5. Wait for it to boot and display the Palm launcher.
    6. Turn off Airplane Mode

This seems to eliminate the freezing behavior of WebOS 1.2 + Classic when its not been used for several minutes.
  19.    #59  
    This seems to eliminate the freezing behavior of WebOS 1.2 + Classic when its not been used for several minutes.
    I tried it, and it did not eliminate the disappearing expansion card. I did exactly that procedure, and the expansion card ("VirtualCard") becomes unavailable after a few minutes.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    UPDATE: After more fiddling and testing, I've found that Airplane mode *does* provide a suitable workaround (thanks JerryG)
    here are the steps that work for me:

1. Close Classic if its open
    2. Turn on Airplane Mode
    3. Wait until you see the Airplane icon in the top right corner of the screen
    4. Start Classic
    5. Wait for it to boot and display the Palm launcher.
    6. Turn off Airplane Mode

Don't thank me... It was Professor Jonathan who discovered this!

Cheers,
    -JerryG
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast